Sign in to follow this  
spladle08

WC FS Brackets: Aliyev vs Rashidov. Rd 1

That 79kg match made me decide I hate "Highest scoring move" being the decider. (It also applies to the Alijev match)
Kotanoglu opens with a 4 (in the first minute) and then does nothing but run for the rest of the match. 
Mykhailov attacks the remaining 5 minutes, ties up 4-4 and loses on criteria.... sigh, I like "Last point' as a criteria cause "ideally" you are still attacking.... but "Biggest scoring move"... hard pass 

Watching DeepImpact Punia in these 86kg semis, it got me to thinking, "I wonder if Bajrang was ever going to join his team to compete here, how mad would we be if JB went and wrestled some tournament somewhere else instead of representing us at a big event".... eh well 

2 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Semi's Set 
61kg: Nothing really of note other than Augustin Destribats (Argentina) took time away from crushing Zain to drop down to 134lbs and make the semis, Wrestles Magomedov though, probably end of his road. 

I'll never understand this logic. If you're "going up" to 65kg for the Olympics when 61kg is a better weight for you, shouldn't you spend as much time up at 65 as possible? Why wouldn't this guy want to see how he does in a field with another 65kg Olympic Qualifier? 

1 minute ago, GranbyTroll said:

I'll never understand this logic. If you're "going up" to 65kg for the Olympics when 61kg is a better weight for you, shouldn't you spend as much time up at 65 as possible? Why wouldn't this guy want to see how he does in a field with another 65kg Olympic Qualifier? 

Yeah there is legit no valid reason for going 61kg other than chasing a medal. Maybe realistically he knows he won't medal at 65kg (which we all know) so he is taking the accolades while he can. Like Dake at 79kg (jk... kinda).
But also seriously any serious medal threat isn't going to spend any extra time "down a weight" than they have to, he knows what we know, he's likely not getting out of the opening round at the Olympics. 

Finals in 15 mi the first 3 are pretty good. 
Uguev vs Harutyunan
Yavuz vs Gadzhiev 
Chamizo vs Zhamalov 
(Love it) Also in action Micic vs Yatsenko.... nice little slice of pie 
Edit* Add in a bronze match between Eryilmaz and Nurykau and yep I'll be locked in

Edited by spladle08

1 minute ago, GranbyTroll said:

At least Dake had the built in excuse that he couldn't make the team at 74kg, wanted world level experience in prep for 2020. Argentina is already an Olympian. I don't get it. 

Yeah I was just ribbin Dake. 
In other news, Micic looking sharp so far.... up 2-0 and in control 2:30 left

HOLY CRAP... MICIC Goes  from nearly a sure loss to  countering a throw....  with 20 some odd seconds left.... and  oh Yatsenko wins the challenge, is 2-1....  OMG they give the 2.... wait challlenge again... 3 seconds left.... looks like he deserves 2... should be 3-2 Yatsenko.....  Micic loses challenge 2-4 and thats how it will end

Sorry that was jumbled. 
Micic led up until   3 seconds  left he went to run out of bounds to give up the 1 instead of 2... but he got tripped right as they ref called out....  reviewed and it went 2 Yatsenko

Edited by spladle08

1-0 Gadz (Pol) at the break. 
Gadz about to be put on SC. 
nope shoots on his own and gets the 2. 
3-0 and Yavuz is injured..... medic tending to the Turk. 
Looks like he will continue to wrestle....
Gadz adds a takedown and Yavuz defaults 

Money Weight:
74kg Bronze matches up first. 
Match 1: 
Salkazanov (Who I was impressed with vs Zhamalov)
vs
Kuramagomedov
1-0 Salk
still 1-0 at the break, nothing exciting. 
SC called on Salk. A variety of scores called, but looks like a pushout.. it is a pushout 2-0 Salk, 
But Kura challenges to hope he got a TD.....  Challenge is....... (I think it should be won)... Challenge is..... WON they'll go 1 for Kuru so 1-1 he leads. 
Now 2-1 Kuru 40 seconds left. 
20seconds left restart. 
12 seconds. Restart. 
OMG he scores a step-out with 2 seconds left. 2-2 Kuru is having a mental breakdown about losing this way, and wont return to the center.... doesn't even try for final 2 seconds, and Salk Wins  

10 minutes ago, smitty11 said:

Tough loss for Micic.  Yatsenko came hard at the end and Micic just seemed to shut down a bit.  Yatsenko tough to score on.

Really tough one. But Micic stopped wrestling after he got that early takedown. He didn’t look very good in this tournament. Almost lost his first match yesterday. Maybe that’s just the rust. I think he would have enjoyed wrestling in that RTC Cup event more. Hindsight.

Next up, a match I'm really looking forward to:
74kg 
Nurykau vs Eryilmaz
Erylimaz on the clock with 1 min left in the first. 
Gives up the point.... 1-0 Nurykau
1-0 at the break. 
Nurykau on the clock.... 1-1
Eryilmaz back on the clock..... but a penalty against  Nurykau hahah caution cancels out the shot clock, 2-1 Erylimaz.... 40 seconds left. 
BIG TD Erylimaz..... 4-1 Lace 6-1 
Another caution for being wild 7-1
Stepout 7-2
And its Over.... TIME FOR CHAMIZO!!!!!

The Match everyone has wanted. 
CHAMIZO VS ZHAMALOV (I'm totes hitting enter after every score, just in case somebody is reading that can't watch it for whatever reason) 
Out of bounds grounded, no score. 
Chamizo soon to be on clock, there it is. 
1-0 Zhamalov