Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Poopy butthole

Sidakov vs Zhamalov

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

Is this the World Cup? It looks like a practice gym. Also: the guys looks so much a like and are wearing the same singlet. How can you tell them apart?

and the same shoes, and i didn't see a referee either

Sorry, I should have clarified. This is a training scrimmage (the 'referee', for those of you that speak russian, can be heard in the background calling attention) but I thought it would be interesting to watch nonetheless. This was taken during the Russian training camp right before the world cup. There is also a video of Sadulaev getting pinned if anyone is interested in that.

1 hour ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Sorry, I should have clarified. This is a training scrimmage (the 'referee', for those of you that speak russian, can be heard in the background calling attention) but I thought it would be interesting to watch nonetheless. This was taken during the Russian training camp right before the world cup. There is also a video of Sadulaev getting pinned if anyone is interested in that.

I can’t find the Sadulaev getting pinned one. Can you link it?

https://youtu.be/Brz6UOiGFJ8

Posting this on my phone so on my end I don't know if it's embedding properly or not.

Never heard of Sadulaev's opponent here, Erik, before. By the pace and general atmosphere, this feels like much more of a relaxed training go than the fullblown live simulation between Sidakov and Zhamalov. You could hear the Russian coach urging Sidakov and Zhamalov to make serious attempts (to paraphrase, "if you're not going to make attempts in a training scrimmage, when are you going to make them?"). You don't hear any such instructions during the Sadulaev match. I was also surprise at how many times Sadulaev would get to the leg and then just kinda rest there. So, not much to take from this scrimmage but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

19 hours ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Posting this on my phone so on my end I don't know if it's embedding properly or not.

Never heard of Sadulaev's opponent here, Erik, before. By the pace and general atmosphere, this feels like much more of a relaxed training go than the fullblown live simulation between Sidakov and Zhamalov. You could hear the Russian coach urging Sidakov and Zhamalov to make serious attempts (to paraphrase, "if you're not going to make attempts in a training scrimmage, when are you going to make them?"). You don't hear any such instructions during the Sadulaev match. I was also surprise at how many times Sadulaev would get to the leg and then just kinda rest there. So, not much to take from this scrimmage but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

Plus after anyone scored a takedown there was no attempt at scoring from par terre.  This was just training as opposed to a simulated match.  Still fun to watch

On 12/18/2020 at 4:20 PM, Housebuye said:

This was a wrestleoff of sorts. They didn’t hit at russian nationals  

Russia is trying to figure out who to send to Tokyo. They have 3 gold contenders, but only 1 has beaten JB

Not a wrestle off but a practice match. The spot for Tokyo will almost certainly be decided at 2021 Russian Nationals. If it’s still unclear after Russian Nationals, then there will be a wrestle off.

On 12/18/2020 at 5:21 PM, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Yeah this is Erik Dzhioev-he took bronze at 2020 Russian Nationals. Sadulaev beat him there 15-2.