Sign in to follow this  
pa in taiwan

Zhamalov!

This kid is continually improving and wrestling more solidly. Before he risked more, he made more points but they also made him more points. He is at the level of the best in the world. I do not understand why it cannot be done as in Judo, that the best fighters in the world are present (regardless os their country) and there can be up to two wrestlers from each country. It would be wonderful to see Burroughs, Dake, Sidakov, Zhamalov and Chamizo in the 74 kg category. Without a doubt, it would be the best category in the world

2 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

Can’t view the video in USA... anyone care to summarize?

Tough handfighting, Chamizo goes on the shotclock 2 minutes into the match, Zhamalov up 1-0. Second period, 30 seconds in, Chamizo is pushing the pace, gets to a leg and an epic scramble ensues, at one point the mat ref gives him 2 but it's whitepaddled by the other officials. Finally, Chamizo puts him down and gets the 2, with just under 2 minutes left in the match. Chamizo goes into defense mode, and he's an excellent defensive wrestler. Zhamalov has trouble initiating offensive attacks, going for underhooks, at one point the ref stops and calls attention to Chamizo for circling to evade. Zhamalov goes body lock with 20 seconds remaining, and I was shocked with the ease with which he was able to lock his hands.  Chamizo throws a killer power whizzer in and Zhamalov extends his whizzered arm up towards the back of Chamizo's head and attacks the near leg. Time is running out, and Zhamalov whips his arm free and is behind Chamizo with 10 seconds remaining. Chamizo goes into a strong quad pod, and Zhamalov does a rear body lock over Chamizo's left shoulder, locks his hands and finally sits back and rolls him through, scoring the takedown with just over 1 second remaining. The challenge cube comes out, of course, as the action took place near the out of bounds line and the Italians claim that it should be 1 point score for Zhamlov for the step out. The challenge fails, Zhamalov gets an additional point and wins gold 4-2. Chamizo loses with grace and they hug at the end.  

3 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

Can’t view the video in USA... anyone care to summarize?

By the way, eagle and the rest of the mat denizens: I apologize for linking to these youtube videos; it wasn't until an hour or so after I posted them that the idea popped into my head that people residing in the exceptional land of mammon may not be able to view them. Now eagle confirms my fears. Mea culpa. 

6 hours ago, pa in taiwan said:

By the way, eagle and the rest of the mat denizens: I apologize for linking to these youtube videos; it wasn't until an hour or so after I posted them that the idea popped into my head that people residing in the exceptional land of mammon may not be able to view them. Now eagle confirms my fears. Mea culpa. 

No worries. Thanks for summarizing!