Jump to content
alliseeisgold

Sustainability of these purse matches ?

Recommended Posts

with willie saying taylor/jb purse is about half a mill.... - how many more people are subscribing to flowrestling just for these matches for them to recoup this near million dollar payout to wrestlers this year ?

just my opinion the real wrestling fans were already signed up before these matches. I don't see how they are making money.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I anticipate we'll see a larger advertising presence for the JB/DT match in January than we've seen up until now.

Good point. I found it interesting last night that when I had it full screen and a commercial would come on the typical sound controls would not work. If I muted, the mute only lasted a few seconds before the sound would return. If i wanted to keep it muted, I had to re-mute every few seconds. Interesting use of technology to over ride the user's wishes and force the commercial down his throat. I anticipate more of this kind of behavior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Good point. I found it interesting last night that when I had it full screen and a commercial would come on the typical sound controls would not work. If I muted, the mute only lasted a few seconds before the sound would return. If i wanted to keep it muted, I had to re-mute every few seconds. Interesting use of technology to over ride the user's wishes and force the commercial down his throat. I anticipate more of this kind of behavior. 

Muting the sound at the computer level works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow if the purse is that high, I can’t imagine it being profitable unless they are getting donors to make it happen? Maybe they will offer a pay per view option for JB vs DT? That may pay off. I am enjoying these so I hope they are sustainable!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
with willie saying taylor/jb purse is about half a mill.... - how many more people are subscribing to flowrestling just for these matches for them to recoup this near million dollar payout to wrestlers this year ?
just my opinion the real wrestling fans were already signed up before these matches. I don't see how they are making money.
 
 
 
I've not seen how the amount was stated, but the purse typically refers to the total payout, not individual payout. That doesn't answer your question but does decrease the cost significantly (though still a large sum) if that is the case.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

with willie saying taylor/jb purse is about half a mill.... - how many more people are subscribing to flowrestling just for these matches for them to recoup this near million dollar payout to wrestlers this year ?

just my opinion the real wrestling fans were already signed up before these matches. I don't see how they are making money.

 

 

 

They have 500,000 subscribers across all sports. Not bad scratch considering each is paying a minimum of $120 a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

Wow if the purse is that high, I can’t imagine it being profitable unless they are getting donors to make it happen? Maybe they will offer a pay per view option for JB vs DT? That may pay off. I am enjoying these so I hope they are sustainable!

They got donors in the form of the government and a PPP loan right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Where did you see this?

(not saying I don’t believe you I just like to look things up)

Just like Flo sid their damndest to remove the proof of Bahjrang getting the 15k just to show, they also did their diligence of removing this proof.

JB-DT was set to happen on Rokfin for NLWC and then they threw 200k at JB for exclusivity.

Cael is/was pissed, but I bet Bajhrang doubles their subscriptions here in a few days.

Mineo, who also has a copy of Bahjrang's guaranteed 15k to show contract, was citing it in his Facebook group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Just like Flo sid their damndest to remove the proof of Bahjrang getting the 15k just to show, they also did their diligence of removing this proof.

JB-DT was set to happen on Rokfin for NLWC and then they threw 200k at JB for exclusivity.

Cael is/was pissed, but I bet Bajhrang doubles their subscriptions here in a few days.

Mineo, who also has a copy of Bahjrang's guaranteed 15k to show contract, was citing it in his Facebook group.

I’m not too sure I’d take what the minnow says and run with it as gospel...

Ive been searching for any hint of this deal from flo and finding absolutely nothing. Of course doesn’t mean something is not out there, but if the minnow is the source, I mean....

Edited by Lurker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Willie said on his podcast was they each get up to 250k. Then he walked that back a bit, saying JB actually got a little more than DT. Then he said there were a lot of contingencies like it was a multi-match deal (assuming not all of those are between JB and DT), and that there were viewership minimums. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bajrang got a $750 travel stipend because he was flying in from India rather than taking a domestic flight. neither he nor anyone else got anything besides the very publicly disclosed prize money for the 8-man bracket. aAnyone who says they have proof of Bajrang getting an extra $15K just to show is lying.

Glad Bajrang is making the most of his tour of the states and hope he is getting remunerated well for his match against Zain. Very happy that Flo was able to give him a reason to travel and that wrestling fans will get another world level match out of it!

I'm also not privy to the DT and JB contracts so can't comment there. that's all done above my pay grade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Bajrang got a $750 travel stipend because he was flying in from India rather than taking a domestic flight. neither he nor anyone else got anything besides the very publicly disclosed prize money for the 8-man bracket. aAnyone who says they have proof of Bajrang getting an extra $15K just to show is lying.

Glad Bajrang is making the most of his tour of the states and hope he is getting remunerated well for his match against Zain. Very happy that Flo was able to give him a reason to travel and that wrestling fans will get another world level match out of it!

I'm also not privy to the DT and JB contracts so can't comment there. that's all done above my pay grade. 

We are going to need to see your bank statements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to the OP’s question. This is ONLY sustainable for as long as college wrestling is strongly effected by the pandemic. 
 

When there is no wrestling, this is much better than nothing. Once fans can start following their teams again, freestyle will fall firmly back to where it has always been in terms of fan viewership.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...