lu1979

Kerkvliet is unreal

It is hard to believe just how easily Kerkvliet handled the last three good heavyweights NLWC put out against him.  Hemida, Thomas, and Wilson are all good solid D1 heavyweights and Hemida had extensive FS experience.   Kerkvliet beat all of these guys like they were high school kids.  I can't wait to see him against one of the top guys.  He should see Parris and Steveson in the college season and I would guess that he would be going to Last chance qualifier (unless he wins NCAAs in which case he's already qualified)  - I  am looking forward to seeing how he does against the best guys.  He certainly looks incredible against some very good wrestlers.

The only ladder-level talent he has run into so far is Tony Nelson at 2019 senior nats and he was really big-brothered even though he held a lead into the final two minutes. Not sure what his training situation looked like going into that tourney since he had already left OSU. I'm really excited to see where he stands at now after a year-ish in the NLWC room. He and Parris are such freak specimens and it's a real treat to see some elite technique paired up with their size. It's a bright present and future for the US with Gwiz, Steveson, Parris, and Kerk at the helm.

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

The only ladder-level talent he has run into so far is Tony Nelson at 2019 senior nats and he was really big-brothered even though he held a lead into the final two minutes. Not sure what his training situation looked like going into that tourney since he had already left OSU. I'm really excited to see where he stands at now after a year-ish in the NLWC room. He and Parris are such freak specimens and it's a real treat to see some elite technique paired up with their size. It's a bright present and future for the US with Gwiz, Steveson, Parris, and Kerk at the helm.

I only watched the second period, but I don't see how Nelson "big brothered" Kerk. Nelson shot once and got the takedown and won 3-1. He was

never close to a turn.

Can anyone post a photo showing Kerk from last night.  I estimate 15-20 pounds added since the video above and it is GOOD weight.

He was also not in the PSU for too long prior to last December.  I think the past 12 months have been a marked improvement.

In addition to that he was coming off injury at that tournament.

15 minutes ago, Class said:

Can anyone post a photo showing Kerk from last night.  I estimate 15-20 pounds added since the video above and it is GOOD weight.

He was also not in the PSU for too long prior to last December.  I think the past 12 months have been a marked improvement.

I was struck too by the size difference between what I saw last night and what I see above.

1 hour ago, Class said:

This is spot on. I think +20 lbs is about accurate, and he looks faster and as athletic as ever. 

2 hours ago, Class said:

I agree that he is probably 15-20 pounds larger and every bit as quick. Eyeball test says 6'3 245 lbs and he's been training in the toughest upperweight room in the country. The jury is out for a few years but I have the hottest of takes when I say that it is my belief that Kerk will be the king of the hill throughout the overall course of the 2020/1, 2024, and 2028 quads when it is all said and done. Again, this is a great problem that the US is not used to having.

15 hours ago, moose said:

Didn’t the lad qualify at the 2019 open?

Yes-he’s qualified already. Here’s a complete list of those qualified at 125:

Nick Gwiazdowski, Gable Steveson, Mason Parris, Dom Bradley, Tony Nelson, Daniel Kerkvliet, Nick Nevills, and Garrett Ryan 

2021 NCAA Champ will qualify and 2 from Last Chance.

I think I can say that I have never been as excited to watch so many different heavyweight matches.  And it is for both the anticipation of seeing two outstanding warriors go at it AND seeing the action (which is a pleasant change).

22 hours ago, NJDan said:

I only watched the second period, but I don't see how Nelson "big brothered" Kerk. Nelson shot once and got the takedown and won 3-1. He was

never close to a turn.

It was actually 3-2 as Kerk got a push out at the end.  Totally agree that he was definitely not big brothered in that match. 

Kerk wins easily next time they meet.

It was actually 3-2 as Kerk got a push out at the end.  Totally agree that he was definitely not big brothered in that match. 

Kerk wins easily next time they meet.
Is Nelson still competing?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, cjc007 said:

Is Nelson still competing?

He just did at the RTC cup ... against Parris.  Instead of Gable wrestling Parris (insert all the reasons here).  

He just did at the RTC cup ... against Parris.  Instead of Gable wrestling Parris (insert all the reasons here).  
I thought that was a late add in, similar to Reece wrestling Zain.

9 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

I didn't see the initial roster release obviously.

So you'd rather assume the guy who's been there the longest was excluded from their roster?

6 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Gable in an earlier interview said all he was interested in was a shot at #1 Gwiz. Mission accomplished.

Also not true.  He wrestled on Day 2 as well.

Edited by nhs67