Jump to content
jerseywrestling

Best Wrestlers in Oklahoma History

Recommended Posts

Best Wrestlers in Oklahoma History

Danny-Hodge-for-Website.jpg

http://www.jerseywrestling.com/news.php?story=Best Wrestlers in Oklahoma History

Oklahoma has the fourth most All-Americans in NCAA DI wrestling history!

The program produced Dan Hodge, one of the most iconic wrestling figures of all-time.

Olympic champion brothers Mark and Dave Schultz won more titles than any other American brother combination.

The top six wrestlers in Sooners history are highlighted by three three-time NCAA champions and three two-time NCAA champions and four-time All-Americans!

Check out the best Oklahoma wrestlers of all-time ranked by NCAA medals!

Here are the top six!

Rank - Name - Score - Medals

#1 - Rod Kilgore - 51 - 3,1,4,1
#1 - Andre Metzger - 51 - 5,2,1,1
#3 - Teyon Ware - 50 - 1,6,1,2
#4 - Wayne Martin - 48 - 1,1,1
#4 - Mark Schultz - 48 - 1,1,1
#4 - Dan Hodge - 48 - 1,1,1

There have been 153 All-American wrestlers who have won 173 medals for Oklahoma which is the most in NCAA history!

http://www.jerseywrestling.com/ncaa_team_profile.php?team=Oklahoma

Check out the full story from the photo!

https://nwhof.org/blog/the-greatness-of-dan-hodge/

===

Like and follow us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/jerseywrestling/
Edited by jerseywrestling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again jersey wrestling demonstrates  doesn't know wrestling history.  Plenty of Oklahoma wrestlers better than those on this list.  These might however be the best from the sooners(cheaters) University of Oklahoma team.  ;_;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ionel said:

Once again jersey wrestling demonstrates  doesn't know wrestling history.  Plenty of Oklahoma wrestlers better than those on this list.  These might however be the best from the sooners(cheaters) University of Oklahoma team.  ;_;

And once again, someone doesn't understand how this works. It's strictly objective. All by the numbers. Team points for placement. No adjustments, no opinions. If you don't like it, make your own list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gimpeltf said:

And once again, someone doesn't understand how this works. It's strictly objective. All by the numbers. Team points for placement. No adjustments, no opinions. If you don't like it, make your own list.

You clearly then have no clue of wrestling history either. ;_;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't claim to be a top ten historian but I've had friendships and working relationships with several who are. Dellinger, sayenga, Hammond probably top the list. Bryant and diehl are pretty close. A little rubbed off on me. 

I do see a mistake in saying cowboys that I didn't notice at first. To me it was pretty obvious we were talking sooners the whole time given the names involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

To me it was pretty obvious we were talking sooners the whole time given the names involved.

If so then why did you respond the way you did?  Its obvious from my post I knew it was about Sooners & I'm sure most all did.  Point was it makes jersey wrestling look like they dont realize there is more than one wrestling university in Oklahoma. ;_;

BTW: I searched for wrestling in Jersey universities.  It appears there's none at Jersey State, Univ of Jersey or even College of Jersey, guess we will never see a Best Wrestlers in Jersey History on these here college boards.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ionel said:

If so then why did you respond the way you did?  Its obvious from my post I knew it was about Sooners & I'm sure most all did.  Point was it makes jersey wrestling look like they dont realize there is more than one wrestling university in Oklahoma. ;_;

BTW: I searched for wrestling in Jersey universities.  It appears there's none at Jersey State, Univ of Jersey or even College of Jersey, guess we will never see a Best Wrestlers in Jersey History on these here college boards.  ;)

I responded the way I did because you clearly either DIDN'T see it as Sooners and thought it was the HS state of or didn't understand how the NJ Wrestling Best of posts work. Plus it was kind of silly to suggest I didn't know anything about wrestling history since knowledge of history was totally irrelevant to the original post in the thread other than knowing who placed what. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gimpeltf said:

I responded the way I did because you clearly either DIDN'T see it as Sooners and thought it was the HS state of or didn't understand how the NJ Wrestling Best of posts work. Plus it was kind of silly to suggest I didn't know anything about wrestling history since knowledge of history was totally irrelevant to the original post in the thread other than knowing who placed what. 

I said "sooners" in my post and you responded with a "and once again" hence why you got the "history" right back atya. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ionel said:

Once again jersey wrestling demonstrates  doesn't know wrestling history.  Plenty of Oklahoma wrestlers better than those on this list.  These might however be the best from the sooners(cheaters) University of Oklahoma team.  ;_;

 

1 minute ago, ionel said:

I said "sooners" in my post and you responded with a "and once again" hence why you got the "history" right back atya. :(

Please read all of your post. You said "might" be sooners as if the first part was assuming it wasn't as where you said Plenty of Oklahoma wrestlers better. There couldn't have been plenty of better Sooners therefore you have moved your own goalposts here.

And my once again part made no assumptions about what group you meant because I have to explain to people quite often how these lists work. Strictly by the numbers of NCAA/state placements and totaling team scores for them. I wasn't really referring to you too directly with it other than using some of your words. I was simply saying once again someone doesn't get the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BadgerMon said:

Is NJ wrestling telling us that the Sooners have landed more AA's than Okie State?  Or is NJ just mixing both teams in saying OKLAHOMA?

 

Is this Bizzaro World?

I also thought it was odd he said they have 153  AA wrestlers with only 173 medals.  There is no way that's right.  They have tons of multiple medalists so if they really had 153 they'd have a lot more than 173 medals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, boconnell said:

I also thought it was odd he said they have 153  AA wrestlers with only 173 medals.  There is no way that's right.  They have tons of multiple medalists so if they really had 153 they'd have a lot more than 173 medals.

Here you go:  https://soonersports.com/sports/2020/5/29/wrestling-all-americans.aspx

Maybe it was a typo and he meant 273?  Still, it is either 276, or 274, if you don't count the 2 that technically count as AA's for 2020, even though the tournament wasn't wrestled.

Edited by MSU158

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
And once again, someone doesn't understand how this works. It's strictly objective. All by the numbers. Team points for placement. No adjustments, no opinions. If you don't like it, make your own list.

Slightly objective. It would be better if NJ normalized by the number of years wrestlers were eligible to compete at NCAA. Certainly Hodge belongs at he top of this list.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2020 at 7:56 PM, gimpeltf said:

And once again, someone doesn't understand how this works. It's strictly objective. All by the numbers. Team points for placement. No adjustments, no opinions. If you don't like it, make your own list.

Agreed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2020 at 12:10 PM, ionel said:

If so then why did you respond the way you did?  Its obvious from my post I knew it was about Sooners & I'm sure most all did.  Point was it makes jersey wrestling look like they dont realize there is more than one wrestling university in Oklahoma. ;_;

BTW: I searched for wrestling in Jersey universities.  It appears there's none at Jersey State, Univ of Jersey or even College of Jersey, guess we will never see a Best Wrestlers in Jersey History on these here college boards.  ;)

For a small state, NJ has produced numerous NC’s & AA’s. Great history in NJ and a place that college coaches recruit in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2020 at 6:56 PM, gimpeltf said:

And once again, someone doesn't understand how this works. It's strictly objective. All by the numbers. Team points for placement. No adjustments, no opinions. If you don't like it, make your own list.

The thread title says "best" wrestler in OU history. What's the point of having a thread discussing the best wrestler in OU history if we can dispute the validity of "objective" list? Can we only point out point computation errors in formulating the list? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, headache said:

The thread title says "best" wrestler in OU history. What's the point of having a thread discussing the best wrestler in OU history if we can dispute the validity of "objective" list? Can we only point out point computation errors in formulating the list? 

Read the second post. He was saying NJ Wrestling doesn't know history. I'm constantly telling people how these lists work. Anyone can decide who they think is "best" but they need to understand how the lists work before they discuss who they think is best and then criticizing someone that went to the trouble of creating the lists. Knowledge of history is irrelevant other than correctly assessing placements. Plus the title was Oklahoma not OU. It obviously referred to OU but wasn't taken that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

Read the second post. He was saying NJ Wrestling doesn't know history. I'm constantly telling people how these lists work. Anyone can decide who they think is "best" but they need to understand how the lists work before they discuss who they think is best and then criticizing someone that went to the trouble of creating the lists. Knowledge of history is irrelevant other than correctly assessing placements. Plus the title was Oklahoma not OU. It obviously referred to OU but wasn't taken that way.

He knows history except for the part where he missed the number of AA medals by around 100.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, headache said:

The thread title says "best" wrestler in OU history. What's the point of having a thread discussing the best wrestler in OU history if we can dispute the validity of "objective" list? Can we only point out point computation errors in formulating the list? 

No, thread title says:  "Best Wrestlers in Oklahoma History

;_;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

In the post but if you go to his actual list it shows 273.

If someone said his actual list was wrong that would matter.  Instead they called into question his wrestling history based on this post being completely wrong.  Then you played white knight and said his wrestling history was right.  Maybe you should have confirmed it actually was right before being offended anyone questioned it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...