The_MO_Godfather

Mizzou Lineup

Best guess at Mizzou’s lineup after the Black & Gold. Very exciting to have such a young team of studs! Thoughts?

125: Connor Brown

133: Matt Schmitt

141: Allan Hart

149: Brock Mauller

157: Keegan O’Toole

165: Peyton Mocco (can Jacques beat Mocco?)

174: Jeremiah Kent

184: Colton Hawks

197: Rocky Elam

Hwt: Zack Elam

I think Mauller and both Elams are very likely to AA. 

Otoole, Hart and maybe Brown could sneak on the podium too. 

Mizzou is always fun to follow. They always randomly have a guy or two come out of nowhere. They don’t always AA, but they are good for some upsets

Here is wrestlestats dual comparison and prediction for the North Dakota St match

Dual Comparison Missouri vs North Dakota State | WrestleStat

Same for South Dakota State Match

Dual Comparison Missouri vs South Dakota State | WrestleStat

Again for Oregon State

Dual Comparison Missouri vs Oregon State | WrestleStat

2 hours ago, mlbruem said:

Here is wrestlestats dual comparison and prediction for the North Dakota St match

Again for Oregon State

The Oregon state lineup could look very different than wrestle stats projection. 

Seeding will be interesting this year given only 10-15 matches this year with the conference.  Isn't the match minimum like 3-4? I know it was posted in a another thread. 

The classic "Ducking" threads will be even more prevalent this season. 

13 hours ago, mlbruem said:

Again for Oregon State

Curious about your thoughts on the lineup since you’re an insider, if you don’t mind sharing...

My guess at the lineup:

125- Connor Brown (we could see some other guys wrestle here depending on how difficult it is for Brown to make 125 all season, even with it being shortened)

133- Matt Schmitt

141- Allan Hart/Josh Edmond (Hart won the scrimmage, but the match was close. So I think there could be some interchangeability here)

149- Brock Mauller

157- Keegan O'Toole (I don't have any inside info, but I have a hard time thinking that if O'Toole wasn't beating Jacques he wouldn't be bulking up to 165)

165- Jarrett Jacques (If Jacques doesn't hold down the 157 spot, I think he bumps up and takes the spot from Mocco)

174- Jeremiah Kent

184- Colton Hawks/Canten Marriott (Hawks won the scrimmage, but the match was close. So I think there could be some interchangeability here)

197- Rocky Elam

285- Zach Elam

I think that best case scenario, Mizzou has 6 AA's, with 1 title contender (Mauller). Most realistically, we're looking at 4 AA's, but who knows with this season which will be very unpredictable.

My guess at what the lineup will look like, with no injuries, come MACs:

125: Brown

133: Schmitt

141: Edmond-Rumor is the Edmond is nursing an injury and wrestled anyways.  If he gets healthy, I think he wins the spot by conferences)

149: Mauller

157: O'Toole-This guy has the moxxy to win 157 this year.   Yes I know that means beating Deakin and Hidlay.

165/174: Jacques/Mocco-I think the winner between the two takes 165 and the other ends up going up.  Keep in mind that both of these guys have been wrestling 74kg for freestyle, so 174 isn't too out of the question for them.

184: Kent-Rumblings are that they know Kent at 184 this year is what is best for the team.  That doesn't mean he won't drop to 174 next season.

197: Elam

285: Elam

I think that lineup could get them 8-10 qualifiers this year, providing they still bring 33 to NCAAs(how many are they bringing, btw?).

I also think this lineup easily wins the MAC.

4 hours ago, Housebuye said:

I think both AA. I also think going into NCAAs, they will be seeded top 5 (assuming they’re hit ranked guys this season)

I agree and it looks like both guys will face enough top guys to have a strong resume.  O'Toole should hit Franek (NDSU) this weekend and Carr (ISU) and Teemer (ASU) on Jan 17th.  He'd also have Sheets (OkSt) and Dellavecchia (Rider; twice including MACs) later in the season.  Depending on the ranking service, that's 2 guys in the top 5 and 3 more in the top 15. 

Elam should get Noah Adams (WVU), Tanner Sloan (SDSU; this weekend), Bulsak (Clarion at MACs), Norfleet (ASU), Coleman (ISU), and Holschlag (UNI).  The number 1 guy, another top 7 guy, and 4 more in the top 15.

Hopefully it doesn't happen, but COVID or injury will probably cause some of these guys to miss each other.  On the flip side, maybe there will be fewer 'ducks' to protect seed with so few available matches.  

On 12/30/2020 at 12:54 PM, nhs67 said:

My guess at what the lineup will look like, with no injuries, come MACs:

125: Brown

133: Schmitt

141: Edmond-Rumor is the Edmond is nursing an injury and wrestled anyways.  If he gets healthy, I think he wins the spot by conferences)

149: Mauller

157: O'Toole-This guy has the moxxy to win 157 this year.   Yes I know that means beating Deakin and Hidlay.

165/174: Jacques/Mocco-I think the winner between the two takes 165 and the other ends up going up.  Keep in mind that both of these guys have been wrestling 74kg for freestyle, so 174 isn't too out of the question for them.

184: Kent-Rumblings are that they know Kent at 184 this year is what is best for the team.  That doesn't mean he won't drop to 174 next season.

197: Elam

285: Elam

I think that lineup could get them 8-10 qualifiers this year, providing they still bring 33 to NCAAs(how many are they bringing, btw?).

I also think this lineup easily wins the MAC.

74kg is 163. I don’t think Jacques or Mocco are close to big enough for 174. 

In this thread I said I think OToole AAs, but he isn’t winning it. He is a true freshman. Carr’s finishes are too quick, and Hidlay and Deakin are way too big and powerful for Otoole right now. He is a kid still. 

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

74kg is 163. I don’t think Jacques or Mocco are close to big enough for 174. 

In this thread I said I think OToole AAs, but he isn’t winning it. He is a true freshman. Carr’s finishes are too quick, and Hidlay and Deakin are way too big and powerful for Otoole right now. He is a kid still. 

So was Kyle Dake...

On 12/28/2020 at 9:58 AM, The_MO_Godfather said:

Best guess at Mizzou’s lineup after the Black & Gold. Very exciting to have such a young team of studs! Thoughts?

125: Connor Brown

133: Matt Schmitt

141: Allan Hart

149: Brock Mauller

157: Keegan O’Toole

165: Peyton Mocco (can Jacques beat Mocco?)

174: Jeremiah Kent

184: Colton Hawks

197: Rocky Elam

Hwt: Zack Elam

With the Missouri lineup you cited here WrestleStat projects the Jan. 17th dual vs Arizona State with ASU winning 25-14 over Missouri.

https://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/dual/4/arizona-state/43/missouri