gowrestle

Suriano to Arizona

7 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

Someone used my “Sorry-ano” moniker. Nice!

Did Daddy also move to AZ? Wonder how it will be before Dad gets p*ssed at Zeke Jones and Little Nicky crawls back to NJ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zeke doesn't coach Sunkist. Mark Perry does.

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

Its kinda funny that people are so over Suriano's drama that this topic can't get any traction.

Nothing additional to add, just enjoying the recollection that at one time there were no less than eight unique topics on the first page of this very board discussing Nick's imminent departure from Penn State.

7 hours ago, JHRoseWrestling said:

Nothing additional to add, just enjoying the recollection that at one time there were no less than eight unique topics on the first page of this very board discussing Nick's imminent departure from Penn State.

That was a pretty crazy move. He had an amazing season and only missed ncaas due to injury. PSU still won even without him. He basically ensured PSU was going to win at least until he graduated. 

then he left and went to a much worse program

19 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

CP on FRL saying he is in fact enrolled at Rutgers and he thinks he will wrestle 

There's an article on the front page of today's The Record sports section by Jeff Metcalfe and Steven Falk  titled"Suriano  Likely Not At Rutgers This Season".

(Sorry,can't get the article to link)

According to the article,he's training at the Sunkist Kids Regional Training Center in Tempe.

Edited by rpbobcat

12 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

There's an article on the front page of today's The Record sports section by Jeff Metcalfe and Steven Falk  titled"Suriano  Likely Not At Rutgers This Season".

(Sorry,can't get the article to link)

According to the article,he's training at the Sunkist Kids Regional Training Center in Tempe.

I don’t know if I’ve seen that specific one but yes those are the reports.  Technically both could be true (him being in AZ and enrolled at Rutgers) if he is taking online classes right?

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I don’t know if I’ve seen that specific one but yes those are the reports.  Technically both could be true (him being in AZ and enrolled at Rutgers) if he is taking online classes right?

Technically yes....but that would all but eliminate him from putting on a Rutgers singlet this year. I don't see a coach letting a guy train somewhere else then show up on match day. Unless he is training there temporarily, then goes back to Rutgers for the season. . If's he's taking classes at Rutgers it's probably to finish his degree would be my guess. 

As a side note, what other programs/clubs did Suriano have an option to go to? Why Sunkist?  

2 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Technically yes....but that would all but eliminate him from putting on a Rutgers singlet this year. I don't see a coach letting a guy train somewhere else then show up on match day. Unless he is training there temporarily, then goes back to Rutgers for the season. . If's he's taking classes at Rutgers it's probably to finish his degree would be my guess. 

As a side note, what other programs/clubs did Suriano have an option to go to? Why Sunkist?  

More opportunity to be shirtless outside.

36 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Burned bridges at NLWC and NJRTC, and refuses to be anywhere that has a competitive 57kg. That doesn't leave too many options.

Has a competitive 57 kg that doesn’t compete for US?  Supposedly Micic had been training at Sunkist as well

2 hours ago, Idaho said:

Pyles also brought up the possibility of him maybe just coming back for B10’s...

49 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Has a competitive 57 kg that doesn’t compete for US?  Supposedly Micic had been training at Sunkist as well

Micic trains at Sunkist too apparently. And has already qualified for the Olympics. Sounds like a really good situation.