VakAttack

Penn State line up won't have Nick Lee and/or Kerkvleit?

12 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

1.5% of your alpha weight per week, not 1.5lbs and i believe its 7% body fat atleast for high school it is.

Again, memory is fuzzy on the 1.5 so my mistake, and I again am sure there were changes, but I do believe it's 5% in NCAA as stated in the post below, and that for sure I remember, is what it was back then at least.

12 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

1.5% of your alpha weight per week, not 1.5lbs and i believe its 7% body fat atleast for high school it is.

Ok, I decided to quit going by memory and just looked it up.  It is the 1.5% like you said, but yes the body fat is 5%.  Thanks for the correction.

Interesting that aside for Bo Pipher and Matt Lee, who both are 149/157, that Austin Boone (NOT Angus Arthur) is the only 157lber.  I would love to see him go right away.

Edited by nhs67
With the understanding that Berge is the starter.

31 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Interesting that aside for Bo Pipher and Matt Lee, who both are 149/157, that Angus Arthur is the only 157lber.  I would love to see him go right away.

Did you mean Aurelius Dunbar? The only Angus Arthur I can find wrestled for Michigan State a number of years ago.

55 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Did you mean Aurelius Dunbar? The only Angus Arthur I can find wrestled for Michigan State a number of years ago.

Bugger.  Nope.  I meant Austin Boone.  Both had similar career trajectories with similar styles and were Lowell kids under Dean growing up(although Arthur got BIIIG).  Facepalm moment.  Had a bunch if those this week already... only Tuesday.

48 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Wait till he tells you about the keggers...

kg = keggers

When speaking, verbally, it is easier for the couch potater to say 'keggers' than 'kay gee' or 'key low grams' and infinitely cooler sounding than 'key lows' does.

Just a FYI @Wrestleknownothing

5 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Penn State's Roster was posted this morning. 149 probably needs some settling, but the rest of the starting line up should be pretty easy to figure out. 

https://gopsusports.com/sports/wrestling/roster

Buckle up!  I'm a little surprised that Nick Lee is at 141, just because I thought for team purposes Bartlett would be better at 141 than 149, and Lee might want some more size before transitioning to freestyle.  Question marks for Pen State at 125 (how good will Howard be right out the gate), 149 (although I think Bartlett will be good), 157 (who's going?), 165 (how good is Joe Lee?), 174 (technically....I don't really think this is a question, I think Starocci is at worst top 4) and 197 (Beard wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire last year).  Their top end talent is always so great, and nobody can doubt the development of high end talent at Penn State, they're the best in the biz right now.

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Buckle up!  I'm a little surprised that Nick Lee is at 141, just because I thought for team purposes Bartlett would be better at 141 than 149, and Lee might want some more size before transitioning to freestyle.  Question marks for Pen State at 125 (how good will Howard be right out the gate), 149 (although I think Bartlett will be good), 157 (who's going?), 165 (how good is Joe Lee?), 174 (technically....I don't really think this is a question, I think Starocci is at worst top 4) and 197 (Beard wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire last year).  Their top end talent is always so great, and nobody can doubt the development of high end talent at Penn State, they're the best in the biz right now.

It should be exciting no matter what happens. Just glad wrestling is back. 

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

So there's now a ton of rumblings that Kerk is out for the season after some sort of surgery.  Huge bummer, the kid is a star and there are rumors he doesn't really want to do the 4 years of college wrestling anyway.

Horrible break for him, if true. 

So there's now a ton of rumblings that Kerk is out for the season after some sort of surgery.  Huge bummer, the kid is a star and there are rumors he doesn't really want to do the 4 years of college wrestling anyway.

Rumblings? You can do better than that. 

From BWI:

"Not where I heard it from. I will say I obviously did not see Kerk on the operating table, but I believe my source. I heard this news sometime last week and waited until I seen more smoke in the sky. So either my source told the same lie to the fella talking to willie. Or, it’s finally gotten out and it’s the truth."

Is that the rumbler?