Mphillips

B1G schedule

9 hours ago, aknipp said:

So no non-conference matches? Guess it's like football.

No open tournaments this year I guess. 

B1G has 18% of all d1 wrestling teams, so it makes sense to skip non-conference duals and opens. I’m just happy a wrestling season is happening at all this year. I hope the athletes are able to prioritize their safety above all else, especially with a vaccine just around the corner.

8 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

B1G has 18% of all d1 wrestling teams, so it makes sense to skip non-conference duals and opens. I’m just happy a wrestling season is happening at all this year. I hope the athletes are able to prioritize their safety above all else, especially with a vaccine just around the corner.

Certainly understand and don't disagree.  But I love that in wrestling, backups and redshirts can go to open tournaments and compete instead of being a practice dummy for the starters.

But then I guess guys can go unattached to open tournaments if there are any. I'm doubtful there will be many if at all. 

11 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Locations don’t really matter if no fans allowed though

I don’t know...

when you’re talking about tight matches, close dual meets, impacts on seeds and brackets come tournament time....I’d rather be in my home gym and own bed than a bus and hotel room. 

Relieved to see a commitment. It’s out there and we can breathe a sigh of relief. 

I tell you, the big advantage of the no opens and no non conference matches is that fewer wrestlers will test positive for covid and miss nationals. The less travel and less mixing the less risk. 

Over on Rivals/BWI there’s some speculation, founded or not, that teams might bring their entire lineups and do what HS teams do. Get everyone out there. Varsity would be the televised event, but I could definitely envision coaches wanting to get their guys some reps.

It would be kind of funny to see Tom Brands or Jake Varner in a ref shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as they don't do the mop between every match bs like many schools are doing. Basketball isn't mopping floors or disinfecting after 7 minutes...wrestle 5 break 5 more

4 hours ago, Le duke said:

Over on Rivals/BWI there’s some speculation, founded or not, that teams might bring their entire lineups and do what HS teams do. Get everyone out there. Varsity would be the televised event, but I could definitely envision coaches wanting to get their guys some reps.

It would be kind of funny to see Tom Brands or Jake Varner in a ref shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Le duke, the B1G is allowing for expanded travel limits for this season to allow for such exhibition matches.

1 hour ago, Swayz said:

As long as they don't do the mop between every match bs like many schools are doing. Basketball isn't mopping floors or disinfecting after 7 minutes...wrestle 5 break 5 more

Well, if they do, remember basketball doesn't really spend time with faces on the floor.

17 hours ago, Swayz said:

This kinda makes sense but the wait time for drying would definitely be a pain.   I know some schools are using those UV light things though (which have been around for several years) which might speed it up a little.

Maybe all the guys should wear Kenshield foam before and boom go at it.   I believe about 90pct of teams aren't mopping between matches from what I saw this weekend and have seen this season.   Exposure is 15 minutes close proximity to someone.  If a match is 33 seconds we don't need to mop the mat...plus most of the stuff used needs to set for 15 minutes alone before being mopped. Then using leaf blowers, which blow the air around....not super intelligent in terms of "viral" management.