Bronco

Arizona State vs. Little Rock - No live stream apparently

Advertised on both ASU and Little Rock sites that there would be live stream of this dual match.  First match is already over an no live stream yet

Courtney won the first match at 125 over Carson 15-11.   Arizona State up 3-0

Thanks Jason.  Their video stream finally came on but it was definitely NOT live as there was nothing going on on either of the two mats.  Then it went off after about 1 or 2 minutes.  Two matches are already over .

ASU's Cory Crooks wins 9-3 at 149 lbs - ASU now leads 13-0 after first four matches.

Have to give a little credit to Little Rock tho - as so far they have given up only 1 bonus point.  However now the strength of the ASU lineup gets to earn more of those bonus points with Teemer at 157 - Valencia at 165 as well as Norfleet at 197 and Schultz at 285.

Edited by Bronco

17 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Not a ton to take away from this dual, for obvious reasons. But worth noting that Julian Chlebove lost 21-8 in an exhibition match up at 149.

Did Raimo wrestle?

27 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Not a ton to take away from this dual, for obvious reasons. But worth noting that Julian Chlebove lost 21-8 in an exhibition match up at 149.

I tried to watch the first two rounds of the "other 19" matches (wrestling on two mats) but it was difficult to follow either match and the announcers rarely gave any scores after the first two matches.   Did you watch all 19 of the other matches?

2 hours ago, Bronco said:

Schultz wins 2-0 at 285 lbs.  Final score of the dual meet is ASU 39 - Little Rock 3

Announcers said they will take a 30 minute break and then be back for "about 19" more matches.

Thanks for the updates.

42 minutes ago, Bronco said:

I tried to watch the first two rounds of the "other 19" matches (wrestling on two mats) but it was difficult to follow either match and the announcers rarely gave any scores after the first two matches.   Did you watch all 19 of the other matches?

You're right, was very difficult to follow. I wasn't able to watch all 19 matches, but between ASUs twitter updates, and what was streamed I think I got most of the match results. As far as I know, the only notable wrestlers who didn't compete in the dual but competed in exhibitions were Chlebove and Vasquez. Chlebove lost 21-8 to Prewitt, and Vasquez beat Joey Bianchi 12-6. From what I know, none of Raimo, Munoz, or Belton competed at all. 

Extra matches included. 

Brandon Courtney (Arizona State) over Jayden Carson(Little Rock) (Dec 15-11)

Michael McGee (Arizona State) over Paul Bianchi(Little Rock) (MD 10-2)

Peter LiPari (Arizona State) over Conner Ward (Little Rock) (Dec 6-0)

Cory Crooks (Arizona State) over Kyle Prewitt (Little Rock) (Dec 9-3)

Jacori Teemer (Arizona State) over James Aziere (Little Rock) (Fall 0:38)

Anthony Valencia (Arizona State) over Alexander Hernandez (Little Rock) (TF 20-3 5:21)

Triston Wills (Little Rock) over Zane Coleman (Arizona State) (Dec 7-1)

Cade Belshay (Arizona State) over Zane Davis (Little Rock) (Fall 0:37)

Kordell Norfleet (Arizona State) over James Johnson(Little Rock) (Fall 1:41)

Cohlton Schultz (Arizona State) over gabriel beyer (Little Rock) (Dec 2-0)

Extra: Brandon Courtney(Arizona State) over Hasan Krigger (Little Rock) (TF 24-8 7:00)

Extra: Michael McGee (Arizona State) over Jaylen Carson (Little Rock) (MD 19-5)

Extra: Kyle Prewitt (Little Rock) over Julian Chlebove (Arizona State) (MD 21-8)

Extra: Jesse Vasquez(Arizona State) over Joseph Bianchi (Little Rock) (Dec 12-6)

Extra: Cory Crooks (Arizona State) over Joseph Bianchi (Little Rock) (Dec 3-1)

Extra: Anthony Valencia(Arizona State) over Zeke Beach (Little Rock) (Fall 0:37)

Extra: tanner mendoza (Little Rock) over Ryan Moltz (Arizona State) (Dec 9-3)

Extra: tanner mendoza (Little Rock) over Alejandro Torres(Arizona State) (Dec 6-5)

Extra: Triston Wills (Little Rock) over Ryan Moltz (Arizona State) (TF 17-1 2:55)

Extra: James Johnson (Little Rock) over David Palosika (Arizona State) (MD 14-1)

Extra: Brooks Sacharczyk (Little Rock) over David Palosika (Arizona State) (MD 16-3)

Extra: Kordell Norfleet(Arizona State) over Brooks Sacharczyk (Little Rock) (TF 20-4 5:20)

Extra: josiah hill (Little Rock) over Chad Porter (Arizona State) (MD 10-2)

Extra: gabriel beyer (Little Rock) over Chad Porter(Arizona State) (Dec 4-1)

Extra: Cohlton Schultz (Arizona State) over josiah hill(Little Rock) (Fall 1:11)
Edited by Idaho

1 hour ago, RegularStalling said:

You're right, was very difficult to follow. I wasn't able to watch all 19 matches, but between ASUs twitter updates, and what was streamed I think I got most of the match results. As far as I know, the only notable wrestlers who didn't compete in the dual but competed in exhibitions were Chlebove and Vasquez. Chlebove lost 21-8 to Prewitt, and Vasquez beat Joey Bianchi 12-6. From what I know, none of Raimo, Munoz, or Belton competed at all. 

What’s up with Chlebove. So disappointing. Surprised we didn’t see Belton today. 

1 hour ago, gobraves101905 said:

What’s up with Chlebove. So disappointing. Surprised we didn’t see Belton today. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's partially a weight issue. He certified at over 165 pounds in early fall, and wrestled at 149 pounds today. I'm hoping he regains form when, and if he settles into 141. But after today and his recent performance at Junior Nationals, I can't say I'm confident. Belton not wrestling on the other hand was a bummer. He really was a pleasant surprise at Junior Nationals.

Edited by RegularStalling

3 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's partially a weight issue. He certified at over 165 pounds in early fall, and wrestled at 149 pounds today. I'm hoping he regains form when, and if he settles into 141. But after today and his recent performance at Junior Nationals, I can't say I'm confident. Belton not wrestling on the other hand was a bummer. He really was a pleasant surprise at Junior Nationals.

You’re not on a limb...