klehner

Spartan Combat RTC vs. a bunch of guys?

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6849149-spartan-combat-rtc-throwing-down-on-jan-8

Ashnault tweeted that in addition to these matches, there are Kennedy Monday vs. Julian Ramirez and Vito Arujau vs. TBD (I believe Vito holds the historical advantage against TBD).

In addition, a bunch of the not-currently-enrolled Cornell team will be there, according to Rob Koll.  Names mentioned were Saunders, La Joie, Foca, Darmstadt, Fernandes (IIRC).

26 minutes ago, Gantry said:

I think I'm most looking forward to Macchiavello vs Dean - two dudes who are as hard nosed as you get.  Mach will have quite the size advantage though...

I am, as well, although I do think Dean wins this one.

This is one of those matches that makes me wonder where Dean's mind is as far as weight goes.  He hasn't actually made 86 kilos (189lbs) yet.  He's been as low as 195lbs for the recent events.  Does he go for 97 keggers and give his brother what he feels is his due opportunity at 86 keggers?

What happens if Deaner comes out and smashes Macch?  Do we consider Dean our #3 guy at 97 then?

I am, as well, although I do think Dean wins this one.
This is one of those matches that makes me wonder where Dean's mind is as far as weight goes.  He hasn't actually made 86 kilos (189lbs) yet.  He's been as low as 195lbs for the recent events.  Does he go for 97 keggers and give his brother what he feels is his due opportunity at 86 keggers?
What happens if Deaner comes out and smashes Macch?  Do we consider Dean our #3 guy at 97 then?

Max Dean isn’t even in the top 10 nationally at 86kg. I’m not sure why Gabe would clear out for him if he can make the weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Le duke said:

Max Dean isn’t even in the top 10 nationally at 86kg. I’m not sure why Gabe would clear out for him if he can make the weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't make sense, no.  I agree.

Gabe initially stated, although plans may have changed, that his focus was coach-first to his brother, then competitor.

Also, we haven't seen him cut those last 6lbs yet.  He may not like it, and if he comes out and beats on Macch(which I don't think will happen), then we may see him give 97 a geaux.

All this said, if I were a betting man I would bet, regardless of outcome against Macch, that we have less than 5% chance that we see Gaber at 97kg.

47 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

It doesn't make sense, no.  I agree.

Gabe initially stated, although plans may have changed, that his focus was coach-first to his brother, then competitor.

Also, we haven't seen him cut those last 6lbs yet.  He may not like it, and if he comes out and beats on Macch(which I don't think will happen), then we may see him give 97 a geaux.

All this said, if I were a betting man I would bet, regardless of outcome against Macch, that we have less than 5% chance that we see Gaber at 97kg.

Karam Gaber?