Sign in to follow this  
moveurfeet32

#2 Michigan at #10 Rutgers Friday @7pm Big 10 Network tv

4 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Wasn't long ago he was the #1 recruit in USA (all weights) included

You have a link to that? And even if true, which I am somewhat skeptical of, how does that relate to the current environment where he isn't ranked by anyone and nobody talks about him? 

Btw, if you want to talk about him that's fine. I'd start with the fact he beat your Rutgers 125 in high school, and he also beat the guy that just pinned your RU 125. Yeah, he beat that guy in h.s. too. I know its college now, that's why nobody has brought him up. 

42 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

You have a link to that? And even if true, which I am somewhat skeptical of, how does that relate to the current environment where he isn't ranked by anyone and nobody talks about him? 

Btw, if you want to talk about him that's fine. I'd start with the fact he beat your Rutgers 125 in high school, and he also beat the guy that just pinned your RU 125. Yeah, he beat that guy in h.s. too. I know its college now, that's why nobody has brought him up. 

Howard beat Ragusin?  Folk or Free?

47 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

https://www.blackshoediaries.com/2018/12/5/18127748/penn-state-wrestling-robbie-howard-recruit-bergen-catholic-133

2 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

You gotta say he's "over rated" today even though he isn't even ranked  by virtually anyone of consequence right now because of an old 2018 TOM recruit ranking?  

Edited by TBar1977

4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

So an Open Mat ranking from 2018 is still bothering you? 

Not at all...Just said I think he was overated...Pretty sure he was #1 recruit overall on Flo at one time also..I guess we'll find out in next couple of years how this plays out

Edited by moveurfeet32

Just now, moveurfeet32 said:

Not at all...Just said I think he was overated...Pretty sure he was #1 recruit overall on Flo at one time..I guess we'll find out in next couple of years how this plays out

Fair enough. He's a 3x NJ State Champ and 3x Cadet World team member so he must be pretty good, but just watching him wrestle suggests he's pretty good. 

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Fair enough. He's a 3x NJ State Champ and 3x Cadet World team member so he must be pretty good, but just watching him wrestle suggests he's pretty good. 

Of coarse he's very good with a great resume but he only won 2 NJ Titles...Just not a fan after how he treated his State University

8 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Of coarse he's very good with a great resume but he only won 2 NJ Titles...Just not a fan after how he treated his State University

OK. I thought he had 3x. No big deal. How did he do wrong to RU? By choosing PSU? 

When he was the #1 overall recruit he and his assistant coach laughed about even giving RU a visit and Big Timed them on social media (before RU had 2 National Champs in same year)...After that he was losing to a sophomore...Also left his shoes on center mat in AC after his Senior year championship...No NJ Wrestler ever did that...NJ has had tons of 2x Champs but I think he thinks he was one of NJ Best ever...Nothing wrong with choosing PSU...Frank The Tank Molinaro (3x NJ Champ) is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time 

Edited by moveurfeet32

10 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

When he was the #1 overall recruit he and his assistant coach laughed about even giving RU a visit and Big Timed them on social media (before RU had 2 National Champs in same year)...After that he was losing to a sophomore...Also left his shoes on center mat in AC after his Senior year championship...No NJ Wrestler ever did that...NJ has had tons of 2x Champs but I think he thinks he was one of NJ Best ever...Nothing wrong with choosing PSU...Frank The Tank Molinaro (3x NJ Champ) is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time 

Would you liken him to a "Villain" type character? Some PSU fans have done this and they think its good for the program to finally have a bad boy to root for. 

In fairness, Robbie did have a lot of injuries and he did make 4 finals appearances. I think he might be better than you give him credit for. 

Everybody has injuries...Cheer for all NJ guys who wrestle around the country but not for him...I guess we'll see how this plays out...Penn State fans must be cautious because he's another 125lber from Bergen Catholic and things got very ugly with the last 125lber from Bergen Catholic

Edited by moveurfeet32

1 hour ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Are you referring to this?

2 hours ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Everybody has injuries...Cheer for all NJ guys who wrestle around the country but not for him...I guess we'll see how this plays out...Penn State fans must be cautious because he's another 125lber from Bergen Catholic and things got very ugly with the last 125lber from Bergen Catholic

Howard has nothing to do with Suriano from what I can tell since they seem to have completely different personalities. 

Edited by TBar1977

21 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Are you referring to this?

Exactly...thats just one of them...He tried to clown RU there...Remember this is before RU EVER had a National Champ..He never even sniffed an RU offer and thats fine but for him and his asst. coach to badmouth RU because He's too good for them left a bad taste in my mouth...Of coarse Iowa program is amazing but RU Wrestling are way above Iowa facilities and I think he should have at least given his Home State University a look

Edited by moveurfeet32