34 minutes ago, IronChef said:

If you're going to make corny jokes, at least get your story straight. Slay didn't get another match after he lost in the Olympic finals.

Get your own story straight. That wasn't the statement made. It was that you couldn't win gold after losing a match.

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

Oh, my bad. I guess I meant under current rules.

For all that it mattered, it was under current rules. Yes, they did do pools- that's where Slay beat Saitiev. Under much older rules that could have ended up similar to Smith with Saitiev still winning. But here the Slay-Leopold match was the gold medal match. Admittedly, it wasn't quite the scenario you were hinting at. Essentially, here the match was removed from existence.

12 minutes ago, IronChef said:

Seems like you quoted the wrong post then.

No, but I see what you mean. It was saying you can't win gold after losing but it did say even if you get another match- which could mean whether or not. He didn't get another match after losing but wouldn't have gotten another after winning either. But I get you.

On 1/8/2021 at 11:04 AM, AnklePicker said:

You think, even though he'd have a chance to win 50k up a weight by winning a world title?  I don't necessarily disagree and I could see Burroughs taking over for Reina at Penn perhaps after he retires or set up a top notch club in the tri state area but he seems determined to continue even after this year.  

He wants to open an MMA facility