Plasmodium

JB and DT moved to Lincoln.....

Just now, VakAttack said:

Wow. I'm a little shocked by DTs performance. I think it was just too much respect. Taylor wins 4-4 on criteria.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It feels like he could have kept going back to that knee pull with success, but didn't. Really surprised he didn't finish the first time. He's usually automatic. Played with fire a bit. Was definitely in complete control regardless of the final score. 

Kind of surprised by that third point for JB. Replay right after the match showed DT with his knees on the mat when the push out occurred.

DT was way too cautious, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i can not stand DT typically... great wrestler... so smarmy...

but...

that post match interview was a step forward for him...

DT seemed to be wrestling a little tight...

good match... no complaints...

Just now, Eagle26 said:

Impressed that Burroughs almost beat him! I think that loss looks better for him than the win did for Taylor. 

No doubt about that. If Burroughs ever retires, we need him to learn how to teach Sports Psych to USAWrestling forever, maybe starting with DT.

53 minutes ago, GoNotQuietly said:

"All grand amplitude throws executed in a standing position which bring the defending wrestler to a direct and immediate danger position."

Amplitude was there, but didn't land in danger.

But he got 4 ... doesn't that mean he landed in danger?

I expected DT to win.  And he did ... but ... felt like I was expecting more from DT.  And mindset of defense defense defense for the last 2 minutes .. I wonder if his head was in the right place.  Didn't seem like the typical DT.  That said, much better that he won.

1 minute ago, GoNotQuietly said:

"4 points...

...To the wrestler who executes a grand amplitude hold which does not place the opponent in a direct and immediate danger position."

Interesting!!  Thank you!  I'll need to rewatch.

5 minutes ago, powershouse said:

DT even said that four years ago he would have found a way to lose. Mental breakthrough for him.
The 20? pound advantage helped keep JB at bay.

JB weighed in at 181 and per his admission has not started his descent to 163. DT a little under 189. I get DT had a few hours to rehydrate, but it wasn't 20 lbs. Definitely a noticeably size advantage, but the weigh-in weight is closer to the wrestling weight now than it was when Dake wrestled Cox with the old weigh-in rules. 

1 minute ago, nom said:

I expected DT to win.  And he did ... but ... felt like I was expecting more from DT.  And mindset of defense defense defense for the last 2 minutes .. I wonder if his head was in the right place.  Didn't seem like the typical DT.  That said, much better that he won.

Isn't this the same assessment we've heard every time in the past when Taylor has wrestled Dake or that match against Cox?