Buckxell

Make the Spartan Ads stop!!!!

15 hours ago, Buckxell said:

Unbearable. I will be boycotting any and all Spartan events for this. Flo should not have let them rape their event, and Spartan should be ashamed of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're spare parts, bud.  Get over it.

I honestly feel everyone's pain on the ads. the folks at Flo who, like you, watch and enjoy wrestling, have no control over what ads play and when and we are forced to watch them as well. 

In this case, however, Flo did not produce the event, and had zero control over the event or the ad runs. you would have seen the same production and ads no matter what platform they event streamed on. that said, I find the anger at Spartan Combat Races a little discouraging. this is a sponsor coming from outside the wrestling space who is investing a lot of time and money into the sport. they are helping provide opportunities for post collegiate wrestlers to stay in the sport and compete. it is a very good thing for the sport that a company like Spartan Combat has taken such an active interest in promoting and developing senior level wrestling.

I'm sure Spartan Combat will welcome the constructive feedback. I agree that the ads were overkill. but I also think a little perspective and understanding is also warranted. 

I honestly feel everyone's pain on the ads. the folks at Flo who, like you, watch and enjoy wrestling, have no control over what ads play and when and we are forced to watch them as well. 
In this case, however, Flo did not produce the event, and had zero control over the event or the ad runs. you would have seen the same production and ads no matter what platform they event streamed on. that said, I find the anger at Spartan Combat Races a little discouraging. this is a sponsor coming from outside the wrestling space who is investing a lot of time and money into the sport. they are helping provide opportunities for post collegiate wrestlers to stay in the sport and compete. it is a very good thing for the sport that a company like Spartan Combat has taken such an active interest in promoting and developing senior level wrestling.
I'm sure Spartan Combat will welcome the constructive feedback. I agree that the ads were overkill. but I also think a little perspective and understanding is also warranted. 

Good points. I was watching and typing after several delicious Voodoo Ranger 9% IPA’s so I was a little too fired up about it. Pumped for the Flo card tonight!

1 hour ago, Buckxell said:

Good points. I was watching and typing after several delicious Voodoo Ranger 9% IPA’s so I was a little too fired up about it. Pumped for the Flo card tonight!

that's an excellent (and dangerous!) beverage. cheers my man!

On 1/9/2021 at 9:55 AM, Jaroslav Hasek said:

You have to admit though that spartan combat races are probably one of the dumbest forms of exercise ever invented. 

I agree though that it’s great they spend money to sponsor wrestling. 

10 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

You have to admit though that spartan combat races are probably one of the dumbest forms of exercise ever invented. 

I agree though that it’s great they spend money to sponsor wrestling. 

What is a spartan combat race?

56 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

What is a spartan combat race?

It's like a Tough Mudder.  Easiest way to explain is to look at this:

https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/which-obstacle-race-right-you/

I've done 16 Tough Mudders.  When I started I did it on my own, and now I go with people every year and it's more fun than ever.  With the Spartan races(which is WAY bigger now) it is always more intense and more difficult.  Tough Mudder used to be bigger, but I don't think so anymore.  I've only done 4 of those, although the obstaces being more difficult does make it more fun for me.  I'm no Jack Medley.  I fckn hate to run long distances.  I'd rather do calisthenics to get my conditioning up.

Oh, I love terrain/mud/obstacle races.  I think they are a great workout/test of conditioning and willpower and great camaraderie when done in a large group.  

Tough Mudder is now owned by Spartan.  Spartan's goal is to buy all of their competition but not really change the individual brands.  Tough Mudder is still basically the same product with a few tweaks.

I thought a "Spartan Combat" race was a new product based on William's post.  I thought that it sounded interesting!

On 1/8/2021 at 6:51 PM, Buckxell said:

Unbearable. I will be boycotting any and all Spartan events for this. Flo should not have let them rape their event, and Spartan should be ashamed of this.

I do not think it was "Flo's event."

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

It's like a Tough Mudder.  Easiest way to explain is to look at this:

https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/which-obstacle-race-right-you/

I've done 16 Tough Mudders.  When I started I did it on my own, and now I go with people every year and it's more fun than ever.  With the Spartan races(which is WAY bigger now) it is always more intense and more difficult.  Tough Mudder used to be bigger, but I don't think so anymore.  I've only done 4 of those, although the obstaces being more difficult does make it more fun for me.  I'm no Jack Medley.  I fckn hate to run long distances.  I'd rather do calisthenics to get my conditioning up.

I think AHamilton was being facetious.    I believe they're just called "Spartan Races," not "Spartan Combat Races."

Isn't there some sort of "league" for Spartan races that pays money?  I'm sure wrestlers fit a lot of their target audience.

But apparently "Spartan" is now selling wrestling/jiu jitsu gear and will be hosting a wrestling tourament - yay, another "Nationals"!

Edited by 1032004