nom

Spartan vs Wolfpack

Some poor guy got to wrestle Darmstadt in the first match, and Max Dean in the last match.  He didn't get two minutes of wrestling in.

Lewis Fernandes is a force of nature.  Has to work on his defense a bit.

Foca/Ramirez/Cardenas are very good.

Thanks for that .... weirdly, I turned on the flo app on roku and they started showing the preliminary matches at 7pm.  So I have the prelim matches going on the TV while I watch the main card matches on the computer.  

Vito rolls  ... 11-0 tech ... 

Gabe Dean wins 5-5 based on a 4 point move.  Which was Mach pulling Gabe over off a Gabe shot but no change in direction no stop of momentum .... Dean 4.  Seemed like the right call.  Mach got a TD at the very end to get the 5-5 score but not enough.

1 minute ago, nom said:

Yianni destroys Ashnault -- 10-0 .... final move was a big lift in air and put to back.

Question : Yianni was up 5-0 before the final move. Looked like four points. Why did the score jump to 10-0?

2 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

Question : Yianni was up 5-0 before the final move. Looked like four points. Why did the score jump to 10-0?

It was 6-0.  Was not clear but I think Ashnault was on the clock right before and he didn't score so a point was put on the board 10 seconds before the 4 pointer.  

41 minutes ago, nom said:

Dake 11-0 TF.  McFadden making to the 2nd period was a victory in a way.

Why would Dake want to tech him in the first period? Isn’t the goal getting some work in against an unfamiliar opponent? This isnt high school where you want to embarrass your opponent at home and then go under the bleachers with your girlfriend. :)

Vito.  Wow -- that last scoring flurry, a smoother than smooth elbow pass to a lace.  He has just extraordinary skills (Captain Obvious here).  Watching from afar, you get the feeling that he and Yianni feed off each other in an extraordinarily productive way in that room.  

13 hours ago, Major Kong said:

Is this in the event room at a Holiday Inn? I hope they don't have to stop early because there's a wedding booked.

Several of the flo events have been at hotels.  I don't mind it, also smart of hotels whose business is way down right now.

However this particular room seemed too small.    The walls were way too close to the circle, especially in FS where they can keep wrestling outside of it

14 hours ago, nom said:

It was 6-0.  Was not clear but I think Ashnault was on the clock right before and he didn't score so a point was put on the board 10 seconds before the 4 pointer.  

Thanks nom. Clears it up. 

22 hours ago, CJE64 said:

Why would Dake want to tech him in the first period? Isn’t the goal getting some work in against an unfamiliar opponent? This isnt high school where you want to embarrass your opponent at home and then go under the bleachers with your girlfriend. :)

It appeared there were no bleachers ... so sure ... appears Dake made the correct decision.  ;)

On 1/8/2021 at 6:59 PM, nom said:

I missed the undercard.  Anything of interest happen?

Watching the undercard again, I picked up the following from Koll:

Hunter Richard will be back as a senior next year.

Colton Yapoujian will be a freshman next year.

Brendan Furman is having surgery for both ACLs (ouch).

Dom Lajoie cut a lot of weight to make 125 last year.

Dan Koll is 5'10".

Lewis Fernandes is 245 right now.

Scratch weight for Dake's bout was 81kg, so Dake was way underweight (considering he'll be at 74kg next week). 

Same for Dean, of course.

10 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Several of the flo events have been at hotels.  I don't mind it, also smart of hotels whose business is way down right now.

However this particular room seemed too small.    The walls were way too close to the circle, especially in FS where they can keep wrestling outside of it

Agree with all this and will use it as an opportunity to complain about the scorers tables at the NCAAs, which I think are even worse. Instead of a flat wall, they have a more dangerous edge.  And there you have guys fighting to be AAs and are much less likely to back off at all given the stakes.  And this is a pandemic where people have to improvise and are more likely to be stuck with limited options.  Doesn't make the hazard yesterday ok, but to me it emphasizes the problem at NCAAs, where every year I see scary hits and near misses at the tables.