stonerd7

Rogan podcast with JB

Just saw that a new Joe Rogan podcast came out today with Jordan...3 hours long....it might not be eyeballs watching on ESPN/tv in March, but this will have way more ears listening...starting it right now!

Though I’m a long term MMA fan I’ve never really got into the Rogan podcast.  That being said Rogan’s often in the running for the overall top podcast in listener numbers from month to month, so great exposure for JB and wrestling. 

Edited by MadMardigain

37 minutes ago, jchapman said:

What about JB being on NBC winning Olympic Gold?

Nope. The only people who cared when JB won Olympic gold are wrestling fans. The JRE is literally the most popular podcast in the world. Millions of people have now been introduced to JB and wrestling that otherwise would not have.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

JB did great. Represented himself very well. Thank god he is the accepted voice of our olympic sport in a lot of ways.... If that were Dake, the entire podcast would have devolved into conspiracy theories, and if you are a frequent Rogan listener, you known exactly what Im talking about. Thankfully JB is interesting enough not to let that happen.

2 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Nope. The only people who cared when JB won Olympic gold are wrestling fans. The JRE is literally the most popular podcast in the world. Millions of people have now been introduced to JB and wrestling that otherwise would not have.

He was on NBC with millions of people watching.  Multiple times.  Good morning America, etc.  

Edited by jchapman

He’s not wrong. There probably isn’t much crossover on a venn diagram between Rogan listeners and GMA watchers - I think it’s fair to say this did expose Burroughs to a group of people who may not have known anything about him or heard of him. He won Olympic gold nine years ago and those spots aren’t fresh in the minds of too many.

I’m about halfway through the episode and I’m grateful he’s such a great ambassador for the sport.

On 1/9/2021 at 10:26 AM, jchapman said:

He was on NBC with millions of people watching.  Multiple times.  Good morning America, etc.  

I would say NBC and Good Morning America have a smaller reach/impact on pop culture than JRE. NBC and GMA didnt have a sitdown 1 on 1, 3 hour conversation analyzing the life of a wrestler and was like a quick shoutout/props. The podcast brought more attention to wrestling than anything else.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

4 minutes ago, jchapman said:

The Joe Rogan podcast describes JB as a four-time Olympic Gold medalist.  Is it common that he over-inflates the credentials of his guests?  

Or the individual who writes the show notes isn't exactly down on the sport enough to know the difference. 

8 hours ago, jchapman said:

The Joe Rogan podcast describes JB as a four-time Olympic Gold medalist.  Is it common that he over-inflates the credentials of his guests?  

It isn’t a Rogan specific issue. I’m not a fan of his podcast (partially Bc most of it discusses false information), but they didn’t inflate the credentials deliberately. 

It isn’t a Rogan specific issue. I’m not a fan of his podcast (partially Bc most of it discusses false information), but they didn’t inflate the credentials deliberately. 

He’s got nearly 1600 episodes, saying “most of it discusses false information” isn’t accurate. I pick and choose my episodes based on the guests, but he’s had a large net of guests and some are wildly whacked out of their minds, while others are highly intelligent and educated.

He’s not for everyone, but a handful of polarizing guests doesn’t make “most” of his 1,591 episodes centered around discussing false information.

1 hour ago, JasonBryant said:

He’s got nearly 1600 episodes, saying “most of it discusses false information” isn’t accurate. I pick and choose my episodes based on the guests, but he’s had a large net of guests and some are wildly whacked out of their minds, while others are highly intelligent and educated.

He’s not for everyone, but a handful of polarizing guests doesn’t make “most” of his 1,591 episodes centered around discussing false information.

I’m not just talking about when he has Alex Jones in there. He also pushes a lot of bro science and other pseudo science bs. 

It’s not literally most of the time they speak, but it’s common

On 1/12/2021 at 7:39 AM, Housebuye said:

I don't even listen to Rogan's podcast, but I would not be willing to accept your premise as accurate without specifics. For someone like me who is unwilling to accept your premise just because you say it is so (As you know, I am skeptical of many claims people make), you should easily be able to point to 3 of his podcasts and cite the time of and nature of the false information. Btw, I presume you to mean he "promotes" false information even though you wrote he "discusses" false information. 

Agree TBar.  It is very difficult these days to discern false information as it is coming out of all facets of society's delivery.  Scary times. Common tactic of the self righteous these days to call out someone's sources without providing any of their own.  

It's media sources trying to steal clicks and viewers.

Regardless, JB did well on the podcast because he is a great dude. 

55 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I don't even listen to Rogan's podcast, but I would not be willing to accept your premise as accurate without specifics. For someone like me who is unwilling to accept your premise just because you say it is so (As you know, I am skeptical of many claims people make), you should easily be able to point to 3 of his podcasts and cite the time of and nature of the false information. Btw, I presume you to mean he "promotes" false information even though you wrote he "discusses" false information. 

You clearly don’t listen to his podcast. He had Alex Jones on there. He had Eddie Bravo on there many times. He has had dozens of insane conspiracy theorists with no basis in reality. This isn’t a controversial take. 

On 1/9/2021 at 11:46 AM, Drake_Mallard said:

JB did great. Represented himself very well. Thank god he is the accepted voice of our olympic sport in a lot of ways.... If that were Dake, the entire podcast would have devolved into conspiracy theories, and if you are a frequent Rogan listener, you known exactly what Im talking about. Thankfully JB is interesting enough not to let that happen.

I guess you just hate Dake.  Why would Rogan have Kyle on to discuss the Olympic experience?  At least you get to feel better submitting this reply. 

1 minute ago, LordNelson said:

Agree TBar.  It is very difficult these days to discern false information as it is coming out of all facets of society's delivery.  Scary times. Common tactic of the self righteous these days to call out someone's sources without providing any of their own.  

It's media sources trying to steal clicks and viewers.

Regardless, JB did well on the podcast because he is a great dude. 

So you think Alex Jones spouts truth? Give me a break dude. 

30 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

You clearly don’t listen to his podcast. He had Alex Jones on there. He had Eddie Bravo on there many times. He has had dozens of insane conspiracy theorists with no basis in reality. This isn’t a controversial take. 

OK, so you named guests. Tell me precisely what Joe Rogan is promoting. Is he endorsing these people, and what are the specific views he endorses? I have heard of Alex Jones but don't know a thing about him. Never even heard of the other guy. Don't what about them Rogan agrees or does not agree with, but I support his first amendment rights to HIS POV, whatever that is.

There are people these days that wish to literally remove any and all conservative points of view from society. That isn't going to work out for either side, its just going to lead to ruin. It is the opposite of first amendment rights, its totalitarianism and I would fear that outcome worse than 99% of what they are trying to stamp out. 

I consider your response to be incomplete.  

Edited by TBar1977