stonerd7

Rogan podcast with JB

18 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

OK, so you named guests. Tell me precisely what Joe Rogan is promoting. Is he endorsing these people, and what are the specific views he endorses? I have heard of Alex Jones but don't know a thing about him. Never even heard of the other guy. Don't what about them Rogan agrees or does not agree with, but I support his first amendment rights to HIS POV, whatever that is.

There are people these days that wish to literally remove any and all conservative points of view from society. That isn't going to work out for either side, its just going to lead to ruin. It is the opposite of first amendment rights, its totalitarianism and I would fear that outcome worse than 99% of what they are trying to stamp out. 

I consider your response to be incomplete.  

What are you going on about? Of course he has a first amendment right to voice his opinion, even if it’s wrong. Do you think I’m trying to get the federal government to shut down his podcast? Do you understand what the first amendment is?

Rogan is responsible for who he brings on as a guest, especially when their viewpoints are known beforehand. I also wouldn’t want Rogan to bring David Duke on his podcast. Do you have an issue with that too?

I didn’t once even call for his show to be removed, let alone removed by the Feds. 

My response is incomplete, yet you won’t even look up who the people I mentioned were? 

You are arguing with the wrong person. I strongly support the first amendment. I also strongly disagree with Rogan, or anyone else, promoting ridiculous conspiracy theories or giving a platform to do so. Those aren’t contradictory. 

51 minutes ago, LordNelson said:

Don't care about Alex Jones, care about JB.  I don't put a ban on people that do interviews because they interview someone I don't like.

Who said anything about a ban? You and Tbar are making stuff up. I said I’m not a fan of his podcast and you and Tbar are going off in some ridiculous first amendment rant

7 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

What are you going on about? Of course he has a first amendment right to voice his opinion, even if it’s wrong. Do you think I’m trying to get the federal government to shut down his podcast? Do you understand what the first amendment is?

Rogan is responsible for who he brings on as a guest, especially when their viewpoints are known beforehand. I also wouldn’t want Rogan to bring David Duke on his podcast. Do you have an issue with that too?

I didn’t once even call for his show to be removed, let alone removed by the Feds. 

My response is incomplete, yet you won’t even look up who the people I mentioned were? 

You are arguing with the wrong person. I strongly support the first amendment. I also strongly disagree with Rogan, or anyone else, promoting ridiculous conspiracy theories or giving a platform to do so. Those aren’t contradictory. 

So what specifically did Rogan say that you disagree with, or shows he is "promoting ridiculous conspiracy theories"??  Better yet what did this Alex Jones person say that you disagree with...seriously would like to know as I have no idea who he is?  And you think anyone you disagree with should never get an interview or be on social media??  If so, I take it you disagree with and won't watch anyone who has interviewed a serial killer, the leader of north korea, etc??

1 hour ago, LordNelson said:

I guess you just hate Dake.  Why would Rogan have Kyle on to discuss the Olympic experience?  At least you get to feel better submitting this reply. 

Yep! You're right. It feels SOOOO flippin good to submit that supply. God it felt so good!

27 minutes ago, dman115 said:

So what specifically did Rogan say that you disagree with, or shows he is "promoting ridiculous conspiracy theories"??  Better yet what did this Alex Jones person say that you disagree with...seriously would like to know as I have no idea who he is?  And you think anyone you disagree with should never get an interview or be on social media??  If so, I take it you disagree with and won't watch anyone who has interviewed a serial killer, the leader of north korea, etc??

Joe doesnt necessarily "support" all of the conspiracies he talks about. He has talked at length about many conspiracy theories from aliens, to area 51, to the moon landings, to coronavirus, to 9/11 to illuminati type stuff. I guess it would depend on what you think the word "promote" means. If someone talks for 50 minutes about the moon landings not being real, but then ends it with "....but I dont necessarily believe that"; is that promoting conspiracies? Id say so, but I see the arguement of someone saying it doesnt. 

I dont think he should be banned or silenced though. I dont think anyone here is really saying that.

Edited by Drake_Mallard

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

OK, so you named guests. Tell me precisely what Joe Rogan is promoting. Is he endorsing these people, and what are the specific views he endorses? I have heard of Alex Jones but don't know a thing about him. Never even heard of the other guy. Don't what about them Rogan agrees or does not agree with, but I support his first amendment rights to HIS POV, whatever that is.

There are people these days that wish to literally remove any and all conservative points of view from society. That isn't going to work out for either side, its just going to lead to ruin. It is the opposite of first amendment rights, its totalitarianism and I would fear that outcome worse than 99% of what they are trying to stamp out. 

I consider your response to be incomplete.  

Stating something is false is trying to silence conservative points of view? 

What are you even talking about? Stop virtue signalling. No one is trying to silence anything ya dbag.

39 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Who said anything about a ban? You and Tbar are making stuff up. I said I’m not a fan of his podcast and you and Tbar are going off in some ridiculous first amendment rant

The "rant" as you call it, housebuye, has nothing to do with the fact you are a not a Rogan fan. If you believe that is what we have responded to then you are mistaken. It i s YOUR UNSUPPORTED CLAIM that Rogan discusses or supports false information.

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

The "rant" as you call it, housebuye, has nothing to do with the fact you are a not a Rogan fan. If you believe that is what we have responded to then you are mistaken. It i s YOUR UNSUPPORTED CLAIM that Rogan discusses or supports false information.

He needs to cite everything he says on here? 

25 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

He needs to cite everything he says on here? 

Only if he wants to have credibility. It would be quite easy to cite many things to support the obvious claim that powerful people are trying to silence conservatives. If housebuye wants anyone to believe Joe Rogan is what he implies is that case, then simply support the claim. 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Only if he wants to have credibility. It would be quite easy to cite many things to support the obvious claim that powerful people are trying to silence conservatives. If housebuye wants anyone to believe Joe Rogan is what he implies is that case, then simply support the claim. 

So you are arguing that people are trying to silence conservatives because they are conservative? Can you support that claim? Even in this case, Housebuye is not trying to silence Rogan at all. He said he stopped listening because he thought Joe started talking too much about unsubstantiated bs. Thats his right.

Your complaining about "silencing" is a complete nonsequiter. No one said anything about that at all. He didnt even say it was Joe's conservative positions that were the issues. You are just too busy trying to paint every conservative as a victim. Victim standing and outrage; thats all you are good for anymore Tbar.

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

If housebuye wants anyone to believe Joe Rogan is what he implies is that case, then simply support the claim. 

If you dont believe him, fine. If he doesnt feel the need to convince you thats up to him. I wouldn't waste my time if I were him. Pretty much any one that listens to Rogan knows what housebuye is saying. Hell, go to the Joe Rogan subreddit. Most of Joe Rogans biggest fans agree with what housebuye is saying. 

Edited by Drake_Mallard

3 hours ago, Drake_Mallard said:

So you are arguing that people are trying to silence conservatives because they are conservative? Can you support that claim? Even in this case, Housebuye is not trying to silence Rogan at all. He said he stopped listening because he thought Joe started talking too much about unsubstantiated bs. Thats his right.

Your complaining about "silencing" is a complete nonsequiter. No one said anything about that at all. He didnt even say it was Joe's conservative positions that were the issues. You are just too busy trying to paint every conservative as a victim. Victim standing and outrage; thats all you are good for anymore Tbar.

One, it would be quite easy to illustrate conservatives being silenced. Two, mostly when that happens it begins by de legitimizing them by calling into question their character, their motive, their point of view, or any other negative thing that can perhaps be heaped upon them. This goes on all the time, and yes it would be quite easy to illustrate.

Am I going to provide links for you? Nope. Waste of time. 

11 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

it begins by de legitimizing them by calling into question their character, their motive, their point of view, or any other negative thing that can perhaps be heaped upon them.

^ this is not silencing.

It sounds like you are just very sensitive to criticisms of conservatives.... victim.

Edited by Drake_Mallard

^ this is not silencing.

It sounds like you are just very sensitive to criticisms of conservatives.... victim.
There's enough evidence of conservative platforms being demonetized and even removed from their existing platforms.

Does that fit your definition of "silencing?"

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

There's enough evidence of conservative platforms being demonetized and even removed from their existing platforms.

I think what I would call private sector companies making business decisions is . . . capitalism.    

7 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Ok bud. I gave examples and you said you didn’t know who they were, and wouldn’t look them up.  Look up Alex Jones. Let me know if he is someone that spreads false information. 

2 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Well shucks, I wonder if it could be something they said and not just that they are "conservative"? 

Anyone else find it ironic that the far left posters on here are trying to claim someone is playing the victim card??

As for the "silencing" part...you have got to be absolutely kidding yourself if you think the left isn't trying to, and has succeeded in some cases, to silence the conservative voices and thoughts.  And typical hypocritic behavior to turn around and say someone is playing the "victim" card, or that it is "just capitalism", or "I wonder if it is something they said and not just that they are conservative?"  I can't even begin to imagine what the outrage would have been like if it were a lefty politician that was banned for life on social media sites...by the way how many of those lefty politicians "incited violence" when people were attacking police stations and court houses and burning down cities...how many people died from those riots???  Funny...no outrage from you lefites then.  And then to turn around and claim that there isn't conservative "silencing" going on from the liberal media and social media is totally a##$nine and quite frankly week.  Why don't some of you do us all a favor and just be honest and say you agree with "silencing" ideas and thoughts you disagree with than to play the stupid game of attacking the people who call it out....freaking hypocrites!

By the way...I think silencing of anyone is 10000% WRONG!!!  I also think that rioting, no matter what the reason, is 10000% WRONG!!!  

Edited by dman115

1 hour ago, dman115 said:

Anyone else find it ironic that the far left posters on here are trying to claim someone is playing the victim card??

As for the "silencing" part...you have got to be absolutely kidding yourself if you think the left isn't trying to, and has succeeded in some cases, to silence the conservative voices and thoughts.  And typical hypocritic behavior to turn around and say someone is playing the "victim" card, or that it is "just capitalism", or "I wonder if it is something they said and not just that they are conservative?"  I can't even begin to imagine what the outrage would have been like if it were a lefty politician that was banned for life on social media sites...by the way how many of those lefty politicians "incited violence" when people were attacking police stations and court houses and burning down cities...how many people died from those riots???  Funny...no outrage from you lefites then.  And then to turn around and claim that there isn't conservative "silencing" going on from the liberal media and social media is totally a##$nine and quite frankly week.  Why don't some of you do us all a favor and just be honest and say you agree with "silencing" ideas and thoughts you disagree with than to play the stupid game of attacking the people who call it out....freaking hypocrites!

By the way...I think silencing of anyone is 10000% WRONG!!!  I also think that rioting, no matter what the reason, is 10000% WRONG!!!  

Just to keep everyone up to date, this was started because housebuye said he personally didnt care for Rogan as much as he used to because he didnt think he was factual. ^this is the kind of response you get from some awfully thin skinned posters.