VakAttack

New FloFilm: 'Toughest Bracket Ever'

I don't know if it's been previously announced, but just saw an ad for it during the current broadcast.  I feel like it was made for old school posters, haha.  Looks like they got all or most of the participants to give interviews.  My understanding of the interpersonal dynamics is that neither Caldwell (obviously) or Palmer like Metcalf, still to this day.  I doubt Bubba's a fan either.  Could be some salty talk going on.  I'm super here for it.

Haven’t seen the info for this yet but would love to see a series of Flo shows highlighting a tough NCAA bracket with behind the scenes video and present day interviews of the participants with in match highlights.  The “pull the curtain back” documentary style films With the drama building as wrestlers advance seems like a great series to make.  Very similar feeling to the Minnesota NCAA run film. 

On 1/9/2021 at 7:17 PM, VakAttack said:

I don't know if it's been previously announced, but just saw an ad for it during the current broadcast.  I feel like it was made for old school posters, haha.  Looks like they got all or most of the participants to give interviews.  My understanding of the interpersonal dynamics is that neither Caldwell (obviously) or Palmer like Metcalf, still to this day.  I doubt Bubba's a fan either.  Could be some salty talk going on.  I'm super here for it.

I feel like we created the film for them from the last 12 years of threads on the toughest bracket. Will our names show up in the credits? 

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

I feel like we created the film for them from the last 12 years of threads on the toughest bracket. Will our names show up in the credits? 

You will recieve a check everytime someone watches or perhaps they will pay you in magic flocoin. 

2 hours ago, ionel said:

You will recieve a check everytime someone watches or perhaps they will pay you in magic flocoin. 

Yeah but how long will it take to get my flo coin credited back after I cancel? 

I’m a bit confused. Is there a part 2?   Just watched what I could find ... it reviews the quarter finals but then stops. A bit of a reference to semis and little to nothing about backside battles.  Nothing on the finals match.  

Nice job with what is there ... and getting the interviews.

59 minutes ago, nom said:

I’m a bit confused. Is there a part 2?   Just watched what I could find ... it reviews the quarter finals but then stops. A bit of a reference to semis and little to nothing about backside battles.  Nothing on the finals match.  

Nice job with what is there ... and getting the interviews.

It will have multiple parts.  Not sure how many.

I like how Flo did it.  Lance calls it out.  They ask Metcalf who was CLEARLY sheepish about it. And then the zoom and pause on the replay.  Nailed.  Wow.

End justifies the means I guess.

23 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Episode 1 is out.  My first distinct observation:  Josh Churella appears to have aged 30 years since 2008.

I've saw him recently, and I think he still looks great!!!  Married, with I believe three sons....beautiful family!!!!

Anyone else have a case for another similarly tough bracket. Would love to see a few more chapters of this series.  I’m sure they won’t have much background footage for anything too old, but their drill maybe enough footage and interviews to put together some more.  

22 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

Anyone else have a case for another similarly tough bracket. Would love to see a few more chapters of this series.  I’m sure they won’t have much background footage for anything too old, but their drill maybe enough footage and interviews to put together some more.  

the biggest hurdles to future films on the subject are availability of athletes involved and cost of archive videos. video from ESPN et al is very expensive. 

definitely interested in hearing all opinions about brackets that rival this one in toughness. even if it doesnt result in a film, it'll be fun to discuss here or anywhere else too.