VakAttack

New FloFilm: 'Toughest Bracket Ever'

19 hours ago, nom said:

That Metcalf singlet grab in quarters —woah!  I didn’t recall that coming up way back.  But I’m sure my memory is rusty.

Me, neither.  And as close as the match was at that point in time it may have made a difference.  Palmer was close to the takedown.  Maybe he didn’t know about why he may not have gotten behind until pointed out on video later.

But Metcalf was awesome and the effect of the grab is conjecture.

On 1/29/2021 at 5:52 AM, Sstern said:

Me, neither.  And as close as the match was at that point in time it may have made a difference.  Palmer was close to the takedown.  Maybe he didn’t know about why he may not have gotten behind until pointed out on video later.

But Metcalf was awesome and the effect of the grab is conjecture.

The effect of the grab is conjecture? Despite it it being literally the thing that prevented a Palmer score? 

Without the singlet grab the match turns into a 4-3 Palmer match. Now, can one legitimately argue Metcalf would’ve escaped and won 6-4/6-5 in regulation or OT? Most certainly. 

Of course scoring the go ahead takedown in a 3-2 match could make a difference 

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

I want to hear all their opinions on everybody!  Instead we only got one of them talking about one of the others.

Flo seems to have changed its storytelling method in recent films.  Previously the focus was on participants and people involved with them telling the story.  Now they have gone to the talking head thing where Flo personnel tell a lot of the story/give their analysis/opinions. 

I have a good opinion of those Flo people, but I do not like that approach and I feel it has weakened the films.

The first time I noticed it was on their Penn State series.  It started with Flo people pontificating and I didn't get past the first minute or two.  Now that I know that this is what you get if you want to watch a Flo film I'll just hold my nose and watch.  

13 minutes ago, drag it said:

Flo seems to have changed its storytelling method in recent films.  Previously the focus was on participants and people involved with them telling the story.  Now they have gone to the talking head thing where Flo personnel tell a lot of the story/give their analysis/opinions. 

I have a good opinion of those Flo people, but I do not like that approach and I feel it has weakened the films.

The first time I noticed it was on their Penn State series.  It started with Flo people pontificating and I didn't get past the first minute or two.  Now that I know that this is what you get if you want to watch a Flo film I'll just hold my nose and watch.  

The Penn State film I feel like their hand was forced because those guys are so tight-lipped.  This one I agree could have used more of the participants.  This is kind of in-line with modern sports documentaries, I guess, that have the talking heads going throughout.

3 hours ago, VakAttack said:

The Penn State film I feel like their hand was forced because those guys are so tight-lipped.  This one I agree could have used more of the participants.  This is kind of in-line with modern sports documentaries, I guess, that have the talking heads going throughout.

I truly wonder if Cael has ever called up Bill Bellichick or vice versa to pick each others brains.  The tight-lipped Cael is right out of the Bellichick playbook.  Both also are probably likely to want to hear from fellow coaching icons, even from different sports.