Sign in to follow this  
Glane18

Jordan Burroughs moving to PA next year?

Maybe I'm totally out of the loop on this, but JB said he's moving to PA next year on the Joe Rogan Podcast.  This was my first time hearing about this.  He never mentioned that he wants to coach D1 and talked about opening some sort of training facility, but I'd be shocked if he completely steps away.  Anybody know of his plans in PA?  

If he beats Dake and wins gold I can't imagine him sticking with a cycle for another 4 years. I could see him taking a year or two off and keeping himself in shape without the grind of wrestling and trying again in 2024. But I think if he wins another Olympic gold he's out. He goes out on top and transitions into coaching at an RTC close to home. 

11 hours ago, TripNSweep said:

If he beats Dake and wins gold I can't imagine him sticking with a cycle for another 4 years. I could see him taking a year or two off and keeping himself in shape without the grind of wrestling and trying again in 2024. But I think if he wins another Olympic gold he's out. He goes out on top and transitions into coaching at an RTC close to home. 

I could see this. I would guess no matter what happens this year he takes ‘22 off. Takes a shot at the team in ‘23 in run up to Paris. 

If Burroughs intends to compete through 2024, I don't see him taking any years off. He essentially doesn't have to wrestle at all except for the Trials and Worlds/Olympics if he doesn't want to (assuming he medals at Worlds/Olympics). Plus more hardware adds to his legacy.

23 hours ago, TripNSweep said:

Well there’s only going to be 3 years between the Olympics

He's going to Penn (Philly) to take over for Meatball Slay who has done absolutely nothing there (just a joke of a hire to Penn/horrible hire) ...JB will build this Program immediately

Edited by moveurfeet32

22 hours ago, moveurfeet32 said:

He's going to Penn (Philly) to take over for Meatball Slay who has done absolutely nothing there (just a joke of a hire to Penn/horrible hire) ...JB will build this Program immediately

He’s done an awesome job with the RTC there. Now that he has that, look for the college program to take off. It takes time to build a program 

1 hour ago, Eagle26 said:

He’s done an awesome job with the RTC there. Now that he has that, look for the college program to take off. It takes time to build a program 

The College Programs will benefit because JB was hired...Not because of Slay

1 hour ago, moveurfeet32 said:

The College Programs will benefit because JB was hired...Not because of Slay

I agree Burroughs will have the biggest impact but you have to consider who got him there, and the fact that he brought in a lot of other top guys like Hall, McKenna, and Lizak

On 1/16/2021 at 6:27 PM, Eagle26 said:

I agree Burroughs will have the biggest impact but you have to consider who got him there, and the fact that he brought in a lot of other top guys like Hall, McKenna, and Lizak

I don't think Slay had anything to do with JB going there...JB whos from right over the bridge in Jersey called all those shots and the Big donors at UPENN jumped on bringing JB in...Slay has done pretty much nothing since he started after all the fan fair of his hire years ago

Edited by moveurfeet32

On 1/15/2021 at 5:49 PM, moveurfeet32 said:

Comedy at its finest

17 hours ago, moveurfeet32 said:

I don't think Slay had anything to do with JB going there...JB whos from right over the bridge in Jersey called all those shots and the Big donors at UPENN jumped on bringing JB in...Slay has done pretty much nothing since he started after all the fan fair of his hire years ago

I honestly don’t know what the driving force to get JB there was, and it sounds like you are just guessing too. I would assume Slay had at least some part in it. He is obviously a freestyle guy and it appears he is taking the approach of building a great RTC and then the college guys will follow. It has taken longer than we hoped but appears to be working now. I understand it takes to build a program... it took my staff a lot longer than we thought to help our HS program turn around. I’m probably a little more forgiving to the coach because of this, but I feel like we are never patient enough with a new coach trying to build a culture and program. 

46 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

I honestly don’t know what the driving force to get JB there was, and it sounds like you are just guessing too. I would assume Slay had at least some part in it. He is obviously a freestyle guy and it appears he is taking the approach of building a great RTC and then the college guys will follow.

Well Slay is the RTC coach not the college coach so...

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Well Slay is the RTC coach not the college coach so...

That’s a valid point lol. Nonetheless, I think the RTCs purpose are more about helping the colleges. Maybe I misinterpreted but it seemed moveurfeet was concerned that Slay hasn’t helped UPenn and I was just trying to point out the RTC has improved which in turn should help UPenn and Drexel. 

1 minute ago, Eagle26 said:

That’s a valid point lol. Nonetheless, I think the RTCs purpose are more about helping the colleges. Maybe I misinterpreted but it seemed moveurfeet was concerned that Slay hasn’t helped UPenn and I was just trying to point out the RTC has improved which in turn should help UPenn and Drexel. 

ahh ... surely you aren't suggesting its all about cheating? :0