Sign in to follow this  
moveurfeet32

Holy Hoosiers!

This is just a beating from Illinois..Indiana just doesnt look like a D1 team right now let alone a B1G team...Every guy is out of shape and so overmatched against Illinois..Tough start to the season for Indiana.. Angel over his head here?...Can't see them winning a B1G dual this year including Maryland...Bormet and Sanderson might be facing Jail time in next 2 weeks

Bring back Joey D and be competitive!

Edited by moveurfeet32

Yea, maybe. Let’s let the season play out here for Indiana. Remember the cubbard was bare when Angel assumed responsibility. This being the third year of trying to convince potential prospects to give the program a look. He has some damn good assistants in the room now for help. Old coach ran the program down to Dll level of a roster.  5 years here at least for any coach to get situation back to a competitive level.  

21 minutes ago, southend said:

Yea, maybe. Let’s let the season play out here for Indiana. Remember the cubbard was bare when Angel assumed responsibility. This being the third year of trying to convince potential prospects to give the program a look. He has some damn good assistants in the room now for help. Old coach ran the program down to Dll level of a roster.  5 years here at least for any coach to get situation back to a competitive level.  

Got it.(Ski mask) Goldman will go down as the worst Program developer ever with McCoy (Maryland) a close 2nd

Edited by moveurfeet32

Yea maybe on that last thought of yours also. But one difference, McCoy never had any success at Maryland. Duane did have Indiana on the up swing for a short time bringing in several highly national ranked guys, that for the most part produced for a few years, unlike McCoy. The problem with Indiana is they couldt hire good assistants, no money, to help in development. Thus nobody ever got better at Indiana after they got in. Word got out and Goldman could not attract flies to the program for the last several years. Weak wennie AD let the situation fester way to long. So here we are. going up. could not get any lower. 

47 minutes ago, southend said:

Yea maybe on that last thought of yours also. But one difference, McCoy never had any success at Maryland. Duane did have Indiana on the up swing for a short time bringing in several highly national ranked guys, that for the most part produced for a few years, unlike McCoy. The problem with Indiana is they couldt hire good assistants, no money, to help in development. Thus nobody ever got better at Indiana after they got in. Word got out and Goldman could not attract flies to the program for the last several years. Weak wennie AD let the situation fester way to long. So here we are. going up. could not get any lower. 

Agree..Im wrong...Goldman had 2 NJ guys change his resume..McCoy is the leader in worst ever burying a Program 

Edited by moveurfeet32

We have to have patients with this group of Indiana coaches! You can only do so much with the guys already in the room. 2 years of recruiting ain’t going to win the bid ten! At indiana! Come on here. With Jordan , Tsirtsis and Angel, I think they can develop if they ca attract.

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

Vincenzo Joseph alluded to this in the Bashamania podcast.

More or less said that some guys looked fat and out of shape.

Let’s see what Indiana can do against Michigan State or Maryland over the next few years before the final verdict is in for the program. Comparing them with all the established big ten programs ain’t fair! Damn this is a rough crowd grading the Hoosiers against the illini!

They are definitely still on the rise. But the room was bare for the most part. And still trying to get the elite kids from the state to give the program a look. So many fled to other programs over the years it’s hard for Angel to convince them it is a different atmosphere there. But 5 years is when the heat will be on , for them to competitive with upper level wrestling schools.  

6 hours ago, southend said:

They are definitely still on the rise. But the room was bare for the most part. And still trying to get the elite kids from the state to give the program a look. So many fled to other programs over the years it’s hard for Angel to convince them it is a different atmosphere there. But 5 years is when the heat will be on , for them to competitive with upper level wrestling schools.  

I am genuinely curious. What, if anything, did you observe in IU's performance against the Illini that makes you believe "(t)hey are definitely still on the rise."?

I wonder what some of these schools have as protocol.  Athletic Departments make the schedules, but then the school itself doesn't want guys on campus for any reason.  I saw a team return to mats for a dual last Wednesday.  Day and a half back after 3 week layoff.  It was horrid.  55-0 for a team that should have won at least 2 or 3 matches.  I was on the mic struggling  to try to make it sound competitive. 

10 hours ago, Henry said:

I am genuinely curious. What, if anything, did you observe in IU's performance against the Illini that makes you believe "(t)hey are definitely still on the rise."?

I did explain that Indiana was taken to the wood shed Sunday. I also pointed out that Comparing an established program, Illinois, with a program that is starting in year 3, Indiana, Is not the basis to dis the program. Because they got lambasted does not necessarily correspond with not on the rise. You ,and many ,fail to realize the disarray the program was in with Goldman in charge. But take my word for it Angel has done more in 2 years hiring good assistants, trying to bring in decent transfers, attending lots of  high school events, communicating with HS coaches etc. than Goldman did in 10 years. Duane had Dll level talent for the most part , the last 4-5 years he was there. You don’t go from that and expect to look fantastic with a good established Big Ten program. 
Look, Indiana laid an egg Sunday, but let’s let the whole season be a measuring stick for Indiana not one dual.   

While not on the level of the elite PSU/Iowa/OSU etc, don't discount the improvement of Illinois as a strong factor toward the result. Each has made improvements toward their desired goals, but those goals are not anywhere near the same. IL is looking to qualify a majority of its team and have multiple AAs; Indiana is looking to have multiple qualifiers and a podium would be considered a great success. I think Indiana is on the right path considering it's basically MSU-south as far as admin support goes.

For Indiana, the podium is like winning it all for the Elite schools. Well said bnwtwg . Bringing in transfers has helped tremendously to toughen the practice room up.
A few years ago the podium was a pipe dream. But man, it’s hard to break through and land 1 of the guy’s in Indiana ,that Ohio state wants or Michigan wants or Penn state wants or even for that matter , Northwestern wants.
This is how low the program got.

On 1/10/2021 at 2:08 PM, moveurfeet32 said:

This is just a beating from Illinois..Indiana just doesnt look like a D1 team right now let alone a B1G team...Every guy is out of shape and so overmatched against Illinois..Tough start to the season for Indiana.. Angel over his head here?...Can't see them winning a B1G dual this year including Maryland...Bormet and Sanderson might be facing Jail time in next 2 weeks

Bring back Joey D and be competitive!

Moveurfeet32, 

Indiana goes from the Frying Pan , Illinois, and into the Fire, Michigan on Sunday. 
Michigan’s line up looks brutal!

3 hours ago, southend said:

Moveurfeet32, 

Indiana goes from the Frying Pan , Illinois, and into the Fire, Michigan on Sunday. 
Michigan’s line up looks brutal!

My prediction: Montini Catholic 51, Indiana 0. Only two guys miss out on bonus points and Bormet makes them do sprints during the jv matches because the spread was 51.5 and prominent boosters bet big $ to cover

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

My prediction: Montini Catholic 51, Indiana 0. Only two guys miss out on bonus points and Bormet makes them do sprints during the jv matches because the spread was 51.5 and prominent boosters bet big $ to cover

And that’s even if you throw Jordan and Tsirtsis into the line up!

On 1/10/2021 at 3:28 PM, moveurfeet32 said:

Got it.(Ski mask) Goldman will go down as the worst Program developer ever with McCoy (Maryland) a close 2nd

McCoy was way worse than Goldman.

19 hours ago, BLT said:

McCoy was way worse than Goldman.

I’m not privy to the Maryland situation, but at indiana it was a double edged sword. The AD dropped the ball on the program and  with no malice on Duanes part, didn’t resign soon enough, thinking he could get the mojo going again for the program. Getting rid of a coach that had run a clean program for 30 years wasn’t on top of ADs list .  And they knew nothing about the sport.  Without continued pressure to Fred Glass AD at the time ,and president McRobbie , who knows how long it would have continued.  But finally they got on board and did the best they could do, Goldman resigned. And Without having to shop, elevated Angel to headmaster.  

On 1/13/2021 at 10:43 AM, bnwtwg said:

I’m with you on this, zero chance Indiana breaks through with a score in this one. Even if wolves clear their bench.