Sign in to follow this  
Aviator12

Carson Karchla

11 minutes ago, Mojocrooksy said:

At least he doesn't lose a year of eligibility.  Was really looking forward to watching him in the Buckeye singlet this year.

It’s a huge loss for the team, and for Kharchla. This is a major development year for him. I feel really bad. From all accounts, he is a great guy with ridiculous potential. 

28 minutes ago, Mojocrooksy said:

Did this happen at practice or before the wrestle offs?

Didn't wrestle off. Must have happened in practice.  

If Smith can get to '65' he may have a spot. If not I believe we'll see him wrestle off at '74.'

1 hour ago, Mojocrooksy said:

At least he doesn't lose a year of eligibility.  Was really looking forward to watching him in the Buckeye singlet this year.

With it happening in January he may miss part of next season depending on his recover. 

2 hours ago, Mojocrooksy said:

Haven't we been through this a bunch of times?

Absolutely zero athletes lose a year of eligibility this year regardless of how many matches they do or don't wrestle.  It is a 'freebie' year the NCAA handed out to make up for screwing over last year's seniors.

16 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Absolutely zero athletes lose a year of eligibility this year regardless of how many matches they do or don't wrestle.  It is a 'freebie' year the NCAA handed out to make up for screwing over last year's seniors.

I’m confused. The post you quoted said he doesn’t lose a year of eligibility. You are just agreeing with him. 

17 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I think that is exactly what Idaho was stating.

Eh, nah.  Same guy has had to have the talk to more than once the last few weeks.  So you three toons who haven't posted in... forever... can bugger off.

Interesting you came out of the woodworking out of nowhere there... reminds me if when PD2 used to swap between several accounts to try to convince us all he wasn't bat$HlT.

Henry's original response has merit, though.  I did read it assuming he had simply 'forgot' again.

20 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Eh, nah.  Same guy has had to have the talk to more than once the last few weeks.  So you three toons who haven't posted in... forever... can bugger off.

Interesting you came out of the woodworking out of nowhere there... reminds me if when PD2 used to swap between several accounts to try to convince us all he wasn't bat$HlT.

Henry's original response has merit, though.  I did read it assuming he had simply 'forgot' again.

Cool story.

2 hours ago, Henry said:

It's the disease of the internet. Some people are so eager to correct others and pick fights that their brain alters everything they read.

Spot uckingfa on. I like to call them Internet Tough Guys.

12 hours ago, Idaho said:

With it happening in January he may miss part of next season depending on his recover. 

He shouldn't.  I'm an out of shape 39 year old who had his 2nd ACL tear in the past 5 years.  I had surgery in late May and I'm a few weeks away from full clearance.  It's an 8 month injury these days.  He should be completely fine for next season.

5 hours ago, boconnell said:

He shouldn't.  I'm an out of shape 39 year old who had his 2nd ACL tear in the past 5 years.  I had surgery in late May and I'm a few weeks away from full clearance.  It's an 8 month injury these days.  He should be completely fine for next season.

And elite athletes tend to be able to go through a more rigorous recovery plan, as well.

12 hours ago, Henry said:

Cool story.

Meh.

11 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

Spot uckingfa on. I like to call them Internet Tough Guys.

Meh.  Everyone on this forum aside for Jason Bryant fits the definition. 

11 hours ago, Mphillips said:

Potential Outrage Syndrome

I see what you did there.  Keep it up.

12 hours ago, boconnell said:

6 hours ago, nhs67 said:

And elite athletes tend to be able to go through a more rigorous recovery plan, as well.

True - his recovery will be quicker barring setbacks but his definition of "full clearance" would be different than us old guys. Full clearance = walk to frig vs Full Clearance = insane workouts.

BTW - did you guys hear that he isn't losing a year of eligibility? ;) 

3 hours ago, Idaho said:

True - his recovery will be quicker barring setbacks but his definition of "full clearance" would be different than us old guys. Full clearance = walk to frig vs Full Clearance = insane workouts.

BTW - did you guys hear that he isn't losing a year of eligibility? ;) 

I was able to walk to the fridge all the way back at 7 months ;)