Sign in to follow this  
Aviator12

Carson Karchla

I would expect him to return in plenty of time for next season. He’s 10 1/2 months away from the first competition of the year, and those are usually just open tournaments. If he was a basketball player, it might be a different story, but wrestling isn’t the same strain on that particular ligament.

David Taylor went from torn ACL in May to Pan Am qualifier champ in March. That’s a similar timeline to having Karchla ready to go in November.

Didn’t Yianni wrestle the NCAA finals with a torn ACL and come back to wrestle the following November?

2 hours ago, IronChef said:

I would expect him to return in plenty of time for next season. He’s 10 1/2 months away from the first competition of the year, and those are usually just open tournaments. If he was a basketball player, it might be a different story, but wrestling isn’t the same strain on that particular ligament.

David Taylor went from torn ACL in May to Pan Am qualifier champ in March. That’s a similar timeline to having Karchla ready to go in November.

Didn’t Yianni wrestle the NCAA finals with a torn ACL and come back to wrestle the following November?

Captain Kerk still has a torn ACL.  Marinelli maybe, too?

On 1/12/2021 at 4:03 AM, nhs67 said:

And elite athletes tend to be able to go through a more rigorous recovery plan, as well.

Meh.

Meh.  Everyone on this forum aside for Jason Bryant fits the definition. 

I see what you did there.  Keep it up.

Nah

On 1/12/2021 at 7:36 PM, AHamilton said:

Captain Kerk still has a torn ACL.  Marinelli maybe, too?

NaTo tore his ACL and finished the season. Shak barely showed up at B1Gs/ NCAAs with a torn ACL a couple years ago. I always wondered if Nolf tore his MCL or ACL when he won on one leg. And those are just the big names off the top of my head. So many guys pushed through blown out knees if they were upperclassmen and it's still happening today. I was scoffed at in another thread when I pointed it out.