tigerfan

Jan. 17 Mizzou/ISU/UNI/ASU

Lots of intriguing matchups potentially among these 3 duals.

Who thinks O’Toole beats Valencia? Mauller has Degen and Thompson. I’m hoping Kent can prove he’s for real against Colbray. What matches interest y’all?

Didn't Thompson graduate?  I don't see O'Toole beating Valencia just yet unless he catches him and sticks him, which is a possibility.  I'm not quite sold on Kent yet.  He was on fire to start last year, and then he finished up wrestling pretty average.  Mizzou is loaded with good young talent though, so this should be a pretty good measuring stick for alot of these guys.

Edited by KCMO2

1 hour ago, tigerfan said:

Lots of intriguing matchups potentially among these 3 duals.

Who thinks O’Toole beats Valencia? Mauller has Degen and Thompson. I’m hoping Kent can prove he’s for real against Colbray. What matches interest y’all?

Carr vs Teemer has to be a good one

Colbray back up to 184 will be good for him

I like O'Toole as an upset pick over Valencia 

Mauler vs the 6'5 Degen will be interesting - He better get to his finishes quickly or Degen will tie him up and scoot around until he worms his way out on top.

125 as a whole will be interesting

285 - We will see where the freshman Schultz stands with several ranked matchups 

I like O'Toole and Schultz to leave the weekend unscathed.  Neither have proven they're top tier or second tier, although I expect them to gradually get there. O'Toole will be flashy and Schultz will not.  Wins are wins, though.

35 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I like O'Toole and Schultz to leave the weekend unscathed.  Neither have proven they're top tier or second tier, although I expect them to gradually get there. O'Toole will be flashy and Schultz will not.  Wins are wins, though.

I hope you are right on Schultz, but Elam is a pretty significant favorite in my mind. If Schultz is really AA material in such a stacked weight, ASU could make the podium. 

7 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

I hope you are right on Schultz, but Elam is a pretty significant favorite in my mind. If Schultz is really AA material in such a stacked weight, ASU could make the podium. 

I've got a feeling Schultz is going to dancing bear himself to a victory here and capitalize off of an Elam mistake for the lone takedown of the match.  Elam hasn't quite grown into 285 yet ans Schultz is all of that.

I am actually a fan of both.  I want to see results before we anoint someone as top tier, though.  That AJ Nevills loss last year bummed me out.

FWIW Wrestlestat has it as a Major via 11-1 score.

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I've got a feeling Schultz is going to dancing bear himself to a victory here and capitalize off of an Elam mistake for the lone takedown of the match.  Elam hasn't quite grown into 285 yet ans Schultz is all of that.

I am actually a fan of both.  I want to see results before we anoint someone as top tier, though.  That AJ Nevills loss last year bummed me out.

FWIW Wrestlestat has it as a Major via 11-1 score.

More likely result would be Elam taking the early lead before gassing out and barely holding on at the end.

And Wrestlestat has some head scratchers for the dual.   Teemer is 6-0 vs commons with Jacques, who is 4-2, and one of those commons is Teemer beating Jacques head-to-head last season,  Yet Wrestlestat picks Jacques.

Edited by KCMO2

8 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

More likely result would be Elam taking the early lead before gassing out and barely holding on at the end.

And Wrestlestat has some head scratchers for the dual.   Teemer is 6-0 vs commons with Jacques, who is 4-2, and one of those commons is Teemer beating Jacques head-to-head last season,  Yet Wrestlestat picks Jacques.

It is a ratings system and it goes off of total bodies of work, with more weight being given to more recent.  With Teemer coming off, to me, a head scratching loss to Thomas of Oklahoma I think it has merit.

1 hour ago, KCMO2 said:

Agreed.  I could see a pin happening(either way) if somebody gets caught on their back, but I can't see a big score.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Schultz win, as Elam loses some close ones.

Really hoped that O'Toole ended up at 157.  He looked a bit undersized at 165 and I think he'd get more bonus down a weight.

53 minutes ago, fatlaz said:

Since Mizzou already wrestles the top Big 12 teams, I wonder if their schedule will change much when they rejoin the Big 12 next year?

Do you have a link or something about them rejoining the Big 12?

1 hour ago, fatlaz said:

Anyone know where we can watch the Mizzou-Arizona State Match? (Besides Ames IA)

image.thumb.png.989181ab4068c8d93446914272f6c377.png

Mizzu has put duals not televised this year on Rokfin.Not sure if thats the plan or not but would be the only option I know of

2 hours ago, mlbruem said:

I think I heard that it is free on Rofkin - Arizona State has this on its web page

University of Missouri Logo
JAN 17 (SUN) 5:00 PM MST

#15 MISSOURI
AMES, IA
TV: ROKFIN

Won't be free Rokfin is $9.99/month.But you get everything on the platform it's worth the $.

Edit .I was wrong it will be free on Rokfin 

Edited by calot

Per Coach Smith :

Our first dual against UNI will be at 2:00pm CST and will be streamed on rokfin.com/TigerStyle  for free.  Our second dual against Iowa State will start around 4:00pm CST and will be streamed on ESPN+.  Lastly, our third dual against Arizona State will kick off around 6:00pm and will be streamed for free on rokfin.com/TigerStyle.

8 minutes ago, Show_Me said:

Per Coach Smith :

Our first dual against UNI will be at 2:00pm CST and will be streamed on rokfin.com/TigerStyle  for free.  Our second dual against Iowa State will start around 4:00pm CST and will be streamed on ESPN+.  Lastly, our third dual against Arizona State will kick off around 6:00pm and will be streamed for free on rokfin.com/TigerStyle.

That's awesome.