BigTenFanboy

Hey Flo! You should broadcast JB vs DT on YouTube for FREE!

Hey Flo! If you want to grow the sport's viewer base broadcast JB vs DT on Youtube for free! There was free promotion of the event on JRE and non-wrestling Rogan fans could tune in. What better opportunity to expose the sport to the world than to broadcast the event on the largest video streaming platform in the WORLD. Monitize the video to make some revenue and who knows if you do a good enough job you may create some wrestlng fans which can lead to more subscribers/bigger renevue streams.   

Edited by BigTenFanboy

18 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Hey Flo! If you want to grow the sport's viewer base broadcast JB vs DT on Youtube for free! There was free promotion of the event on JRE and non-wrestling Rogan fans could tune in. What better opportunity to expose the sport to the world than to broadcast the event on the largest video streaming platform in the WORLD. Monitize the video to make some revenue and who knows if you do a good enough job you may create some wrestlng fans which can lead to more subscribers/bigger renevue streams.   

Hey BigTenFanboy!  If you want to grow the sport's viewer base why don't you convince the BigTen Network to put all their 2021 content on YouTube for free.  What better opportunity to expose the sport to the world than to broadcast the events on the largest video streaming platform in the WORLD.  As a Fanboy of I'm sure they will listen to you.  ;)

43 minutes ago, ionel said:

Hey BigTenFanboy!  If you want to grow the sport's viewer base why don't you convince the BigTen Network to put all their 2021 content on YouTube for free.  What better opportunity to expose the sport to the world than to broadcast the events on the largest video streaming platform in the WORLD.  As a Fanboy of I'm sure they will listen to you.  ;)

BTN puts most of their big matches on youtube within 24 hours.  Which is probably the best of both worlds IMO.   Available for free eventually, but if you want it live you need to pay up.

I like BigTenFanboy, but that was funny.

2 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

My takeaway from this is something we have all known for awhile...BTFB can't afford a flo subscription.

Maybe if BTN wasn't overcharging for their service he'd have enough coin to afford Flo.  Perhaps he could ask BTN to lower their price?  Surely they'd do it for their fanboy.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:)

3 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

My takeaway from this is something we have all known for awhile...BTFB can't afford a flo subscription.

3 hours ago, ionel said:

Maybe if BTN wasn't overcharging for their service he'd have enough coin to afford Flo.  Perhaps he could ask BTN to lower their price?  Surely they'd do it for their fanboy.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:)

20210112-001555.jpg

20210112-001618.jpg

5 hours ago, ionel said:

I asked.. and look what i found on YouTube! I guess it pays to be a fanboy!

we put a ton of content on our youtube page, all for free. matches, FRL, highlights, technique, even full length FloFilms. feel free to tell folks looking to dip their toe in the sport to check it out! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0OFPvrlWV-FiAVIYjBHkQg

Not sure if we're doing it for this event but we'll often live stream the first match or two of these events. We did it for the Gray vs Mensah-Stock card on Saturday. Putting it all up for free, live, on Youtube though is not going to happen. maybe one day, but I doubt it! 

1 hour ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

we put a ton of content on our youtube page, all for free. matches, FRL, highlights, technique, even full length FloFilms. feel free to tell folks looking to dip their toe in the sport to check it out! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0OFPvrlWV-FiAVIYjBHkQg

Not sure if we're doing it for this event but we'll often live stream the first match or two of these events. We did it for the Gray vs Mensah-Stock card on Saturday. Putting it all up for free, live, on Youtube though is not going to happen. maybe one day, but I doubt it! 

Be very careful, BTfb is thinking about starting a competing service, he will charge no monthly or annual fee and will put all content live on YouTube.  High school and college programs will double in 5 years and BTfb will have more than doubled his business and market footprint.   ;_;

I don’t think BTFs suggestion is quite as crazy as it sounds. The calculus is whether you get more subs signing up to watch the match versus more subs signing up after watching an awesome production which raises your profile. They can do ad monetization either way, depending on ongoing agreements with sponsors. I would say their marketing team probably knows best, but considering JB just went on the most popular podcast in the world and they didn’t pay him to name drop Flo every five minutes, I’m not so sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, GoNotQuietly said:

The calculus is whether you get more subs signing up to watch the match versus more subs signing up after watching an awesome production which raises your profile. 

This is true, but I question if there are people out there who a) would be willing to pay $150 a year to see wrestling, b) are interested in the match, and c) have never heard of Flo.

12 hours ago, GoNotQuietly said:

I don’t think BTFs suggestion is quite as crazy as it sounds. The calculus is whether you get more subs signing up to watch the match versus more subs signing up after watching an awesome production which raises your profile. They can do ad monetization either way, depending on ongoing agreements with sponsors. I would say their marketing team probably knows best, but considering JB just went on the most popular podcast in the world and they didn’t pay him to name drop Flo every five minutes, I’m not so sure.

Too many boomers here to understand what you just wrote.

19 hours ago, nom said:

I’m sure the cost of this event is near 0 for Flo.  Right?  Not paying JB or DT .. right?  Just like a college dual match.

It is going to get broadcast anyway.  It is the like subway.  Sure, it costs money to run it.  But if I jump the turnstile and hop on, it is not costing anybody a damn dime,  since it is going whether I am or not.

@Plasmodium huh?  Are you justifying pirating the stream or are you saying that this logic supports the idea of a company giving away product with a significant cost to them?  Can’t quite tell.  

Either way, I’m glad you aren’t a decision maker at my company.

And to the post above about whether giving it away for free will result in more subscribers down the road ... if there was a good way to measure that, it would be a an interesting experiment.  But during these times I’m betting the numbers will be swamped by many other things.  OTT and Covid going away / wrestling activity hearing up are examples.  

Another key aspect to consider ... I bet that Flo has a real problem with Subscription renewals. Just has not been enough going on.  No B1G duals ....

They are trying to put on events that convince folks to renew.  If they give away the biggest events, well, why renew?

17 hours ago, IronChef said:

This is true, but I question if there are people out there who a) would be willing to pay $150 a year to see wrestling, b) are interested in the match, and c) have never heard of Flo.

32 minutes ago, nom said:

Another key aspect to consider ... I bet that Flo has a real problem with Subscription renewals. Just has not been enough going on.  No B1G duals ....

They are trying to put on events that convince folks to renew.  If they give away the biggest events, well, why renew?

Yeah I think these 2 things go hand in hand.  This event may be more about retaining current subscribers than getting new ones.

18 hours ago, GoNotQuietly said:

I would say their marketing team probably knows best, but considering JB just went on the most popular podcast in the world and they didn’t pay him to name drop Flo every five minutes, I’m not so sure.

Just listened and I noticed this as well.   Did he even say Flo at all?  The thing was 3 hours long and I think he only talked about the Taylor match for like 2 minutes (don’t get me wrong I enjoyed it though).

On 1/11/2021 at 9:45 PM, BigTenFanboy said:

Quite the businessman, I see.  And what's your suggestion on how to pay the athletes?