TBar1977

Nebraska vs Iowa

Can Nebraska win any matches vs Iowa? I think they at least have a shot in 3 different weights, and a 4th match could be more competitive than some might think. 

174 #1 Michael Kemerer vs Mikey Labriola - these guys had a good match last year with Kemerer prevailing. Kemerer is the obvious favorite, but Labriola can pull off an upset. In other words, he has a lot more than "no chance" to win. 

184 Abe Assad/Nelson Brands vs Taylor Venz - This is the one match Wrestlestat predicts Nebby to win. 

197 Warner vs Schultz - Kind of like 174, Iowa is the favorite but Schultz is certainly good enough to win. 

141 Eierman (sp?) vs Brock Hardy - normally you would never think a new guy could stand a chance to beat a guy like Jaydin Eierman but Brock Hardy graduated h.s. in 2018, served a 2 year mission so he's certainly not a "kid", and he has two matches with Sammy Sasso that went 10-9 for Hardy and 9-8 for Sasso so he's pretty damn tough. Eierman is a prohibitive favorite, but I am interested to see this match. 

5 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Can Nebraska win any matches vs Iowa? I think they at least have a shot in 3 different weights, and a 4th match could be more competitive than some might think. 

174 #1 Michael Kemerer vs Mikey Labriola - these guys had a good match last year with Kemerer prevailing. Kemerer is the obvious favorite, but Labriola can pull off an upset. In other words, he has a lot more than "no chance" to win. 

184 Abe Assad/Nelson Brands vs Taylor Venz - This is the one match Wrestlestat predicts Nebby to win. 

197 Warner vs Schultz - Kind of like 174, Iowa is the favorite but Schultz is certainly good enough to win. 

141 Eierman (sp?) vs Brock Hardy - normally you would never think a new guy could stand a chance to beat a guy like Jaydin Eierman but Brock Hardy graduated h.s. in 2018, served a 2 year mission so he's certainly not a "kid", and he has two matches with Sammy Sasso that went 10-9 for Hardy and 9-8 for Sasso so he's pretty damn tough. Eierman is a prohibitive favorite, but I am interested to see this match. 

125-Will Lee start pinning people or will it be techfall?

133-Desanto should major, if not tech Thomsen.

141-This will be Red or Lovett for Nebraska.  Eierman could push for bonus in both.  I thinj comfortable decision.

149-Murin VS Hardy? I was an advocate for Murin going 149 before Eierman was in the picture.  Should be good.  Favor Murin.

157-Licking could pull it off... doubt it.

165-Lunchpail going to club Robb to death.

174-Kemerererer.

184-Assad and Venz split.  Venz had kind of an up and down offseason on the freestyle circuit.

197-Schultz won their only meeting last year.  I'd say he is the favorite.

285-Cassman should win, possibly pin.

I think Nebby is favored at 184 and 197(regardless of who Iowa sends out at either weight-unless Brands at 174 and Kemerererer at 184 is a thing). 

They could keep the matches close from 141-197.  By close I mean within a takedown or two.  For them to flip every one of those matches Iowa would actually have to send out backups.

Much more likely that Iowa shuts them out than Nebraska wins 4 matches.  My opinion.

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

If Hardy is at 149 then Murin would still be favored but I'd like his chances there. Might be a close match. Totally forgot about Chad Red. 

Hardy is/was at 149.  You hear something about a 3rd horse in that race at 141lbs?