BigTenFanboy

B1G Network on Youtube - Iowa v Nebraska

Context: DeSanto was cutting him to get the tech and did not use the footsweep as a wrestling move at all. I'm a huge fan of the Marinelli footsweep because he uses it to aim for backpoints and gain more riding time if his opponent relaxes for even a moment. Also, Marinelli doesn't have a reputation for taking cheap shots. ADS did this because he was frustrated that Thomsen stood up in a defensive manner to avoid the turn and face with ADS in his face to finish the job. Literally kicked his legs out to bully him and nothing more. The entire sequence starts around 5:25 for the takedown to cut to sweep. I get legal hard-nosed wrestling until the whistle but it's still bush league and it's not like this is a new stigma to place on DeSanto.

23 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Context: DeSanto was cutting him to get the tech and did not use the footsweep as a wrestling move at all. I'm a huge fan of the Marinelli footsweep because he uses it to aim for backpoints and gain more riding time if his opponent relaxes for even a moment. Also, Marinelli doesn't have a reputation for taking cheap shots. ADS did this because he was frustrated that Thomsen stood up in a defensive manner to avoid the turn and face with ADS in his face to finish the job. Literally kicked his legs out to bully him and nothing more. The entire sequence starts around 5:25 for the takedown to cut to sweep. I get legal hard-nosed wrestling until the whistle but it's still bush league and it's not like this is a new stigma to place on DeSanto.

"backpoints"

Dt8UXJjWoAAZNen.jpg

On 1/19/2021 at 2:49 PM, bnwtwg said:

Marinelli has never once attempted to footsweep someone for back points or extra riding time dude. Desanto started doing it after Marinelli, who's really the only one who does it consistently. The point is to make it hard on the opponent as they're breaking. They think they're getting cut and then they have to stand back up again. It's a mental thing. You simply cannot have a problem with Desanto doing it and not Marinelli.