nom

2021 Henri Deglane Mens Freestyle

6 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Missed Suriano's semi match against him, how was that?

I think each got a passive pt.  Suriano got a step out pt.  Going off of memory.

6 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

How does this affect the ladder at 57...Does Suriano jump from #7 to #1?

The ladder is the ladder until after trials.

Seeding, though?  Depends on if Pushups wins his finals match, I suppose.

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

The ladder is the ladder until after trials.

Seeding, though?  Depends on if Pushups wins his finals match, I suppose.

Thats was what was wondering how the seeds will go in trials..thanks..Thats a great jump for Nick but probably not good for a return to NCAA Rutgers this season

Yianni v Green - Yianni strikes first via a lightning high crotch off a tie.  And again but this for a push out. 3-0 Yianni.  

Snyder looked so so early but looked great late in that match.  Credit to the GEO guy for the throw attempts.  

(Zahid rolled by the way --- last move was off a standing upper body contest ... I'm not sure how but Zahid put the guy flat to his back .. Tech  so guy just laid there for the pin)

End of first Yianni up 3-0.  Dake and Grey in his corner.  

Green in deep, on both legs.  Statemate.  Green in again ... should have this ... does ... NO.  Yianni glides it to a whizzer.  How?  He was dead to rights.  Neutral.  Green driving Yianni back.  Yianni goes to knees and gets to Green's leg.  Locks.  Green pushes in with hip and pushes/slides Yianni backward and OOB.  Smart.  3-0 

Yianni in.  But now Green has a leg.  Yianni covering.  Behind hip.  Gives 2 for Yianni.  That wasn't given to him in an earlier match.  5-0.  

Green in .. yianni sprawls out ... no go.  Yianni is going to win this.  Does 5-0.  Congrats Yianni.

Edited by nom

1 minute ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Thats was what was wondering how the seeds will go in trials..thanks..Thats a great jump for Nick but probably not good for a return to NCAA Rutgers this season

It is all speculative at this point.  Nobody has a clear answer on what matches count for seeding purposes and I honestly expect that to remain so until USAW releases some sort of statement on it prior to trials.

Suriano - Vs Bazarganov (AZE) 

Suriano has let his hair go.  Doesn't look super styled.  Swinging arms, looks loose .. let's go!

Lots of hand fighting ... Suriano with back to middle.  AZE goes but misses on a Suriano strong sprawl.  Suriano on clock.  0-1 AZE.  AZE now warned.  Suriano gets a TD with short time. 

2-1 USA going into 2nd.

A flurry ... flurry ... woah, nada.  Suriano keeps at it and gets the 2!  Good for him.  Never let AZE get settled.  Nice work.  2 min left.  4-1.  Push out Suriano!  5-1.  1.5min to go.  AZE tries a throw by, nothing.  45 sec to go.  Suriano has him backed to warning line.  Now back to center.  30 sec.  Both on knees, Suriano gets an underhook and schucks him by and gets behind.  Very cool.  7-1.  11 sec to go.  Suriano keeps the pressure going to the final whistle.  

Gold medal Nick Suriano.  Great job by him. Congrats.

Edited by nom

20 minutes ago, nom said:

Yianni v Green - Yianni strikes first via a lightning high crotch off a tie.  And again but this for a push out. 3-0 Yianni.  

Snyder looked so so early but looked great late in that match.  Credit to the GEO guy for the throw attempts.  

(Zahid rolled by the way --- last move was off a standing upper body contest ... I'm not sure how but Zahid put the guy flat to his back .. Tech  so guy just laid there for the pin)

End of first Yianni up 3-0.  Dake and Grey in his corner.  

Green in deep, on both legs.  Statemate.  Green in again ... should have this ... does ... NO.  Yianni glides it to a whizzer.  How?  He was dead to rights.  Neutral.  Green driving Yianni back.  Yianni goes to knees and gets to Green's leg.  Locks.  Green pushes in with hip and pushes/slides Yianni backward and OOB.  Smart.  3-0 

Yianni in.  But now Green has a leg.  Yianni covering.  Behind hip.  Gives 2 for Yianni.  That wasn't given to him in an earlier match.  5-0.  

Green in .. yianni sprawls out ... no go.  Yianni is going to win this.  Does 5-0.  Congrats Yianni.

I believe that Yianni has entered six international tournaments...and won them all.