Nathan

American University wrestling?

Lot of teams supposedly wrestling are slower than molasses in putting up schedules on a normal year...let alone this year.  Usually those are the teams we wonder if they even field a program anymore in my opinion. 

They are having a season. Lack of practice time forced by protocols, admin, etc. has made it a bit of a crapshoot but seeing as how nobody is going to have a full schedule it may not be too bad. In other news there, Teague brought in a big recruiting class for next year and, before COVID, there was an announcement that former AU wrestler Alan Meltzer and his wife along with Jack Cassell were donating 10M for a new Center for Athletic Performance and Israel Studies Fellowship. This center would be where wrestling & volleyball practice and competition venues and the weight room are to be moved so things are looking up on that front as well. This came out at the end of 2019  and they had 2 more donations in Dec. 20 so heres hoping they break ground soon.. My kid is pretty close mouthed about everything but he has said he absolutely loves wrestling for Coach Moore. Hopefully they can have some semblance of a season and then next year everything will be back to normal.

Jewish Studies and Wrestling. Sounds like there needs to be a statue of Henry Wittenberg at the entrance.

Looks like there have been about 5 other Jewish Wrestling Gold. 1 Hungary, the others Soviet

Edited by RichB

On 1/16/2021 at 7:29 PM, fatlaz said:

Anyone know when Stanford will release a schedule.  2021 is their last season, right....I didn't miss something????

Saw this on Facebook just tonight...

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 9.03.03 PM.png

The wrestlers were told today in a zoom meeting. They were not told much else except they would be looking for a replacement but it obviously would not be immediate. Their practice time on the mat has been sporadic because of COVID outbreaks. I can say this though - He is one of the finest people I have ever met (my son absolutely loves wrestling for him) and I feel fortunate my son got to know him and wrestle for him. He has been instrumental in my son growing up as a man not just a wrestler. I hate we lost him and don't understand it at all.

I’d like to hear more on this move. It sounds like there was tension with Admin and people at AU not fond of Moore. He was doing good things at AU. It sounds like there could be more to this politically. 

I just found out about this a little while ago.  Completely stunned.  Teague was on a contract that took him through 2023, so it wasn't like AU just moved a little early; you don't give a coach who'd been in the position for eight years a four-year extension if you're not happy with his work.  Both assistants are gone too.

10 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

The wrestlers were told today in a zoom meeting. They were not told much else except they would be looking for a replacement but it obviously would not be immediate. Their practice time on the mat has been sporadic because of COVID outbreaks. I can say this though - He is one of the finest people I have ever met (my son absolutely loves wrestling for him) and I feel fortunate my son got to know him and wrestle for him. He has been instrumental in my son growing up as a man not just a wrestler. I hate we lost him and don't understand it at all.

Jeric Kasunic and Erik Wince are no longer shown as assistants on AU's wrestling website.  Did that just happen too?

2 hours ago, jdalu75 said:

Jeric Kasunic and Erik Wince are no longer shown as assistants on AU's wrestling website.  Did that just happen too?

Jeric took a job in DC in April.JB said what happened to Wince.The University has had a hiring freeze since April.So Teague only had a volunteer