nom

Can someone explain the 2 pts awarded at end of Gilman match

?????  Gilman’s semi final in France ...  

Last 15 seconds ... 

Gilman did step out.  No way there was a takedown.  How did opponent get 2 pts?  1 pt was awarded but upon challenge 2 were awarded .... how?

2 minutes ago, nom said:

?????  Gilman’s semi final in France ...  

Last 15 seconds ... 

Gilman did step out.  No way there was a takedown.  How did opponent get 2 pts?  1 pt was awarded but upon challenge 2 were awarded .... how?

If Gilman challenged and lost the challenge, he would lose another point. Does that answer? Not sure what happened.

52 minutes ago, de4856 said:

My “guess” is that it was some sort of penalty, maybe Gilman got a little to rough while he was trying to force his opponent out of bounds. But this is only a guess. 

Maybe they deemed the step out to actually be a TD?

I’m hoping someone in the wrestling media can dig into this a bit.  Are ‘official’ scoring records available to review and would it be made clear what the points were awarded for?  

Seems completely bogus to me at this time.  If it is bogus, it deserves a bright spotlight.

The officiating at the Henri Deglane was pretty bad in general.

I have no clue how they arrived at the 15-13 score for Vito’s repechage loss, for example. Multiple challenges and huge swings in points there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It definitely wasn't a penalty for a headbutt because there was no caution on the scoreboard.

I thought it was 2 points for "passing behind" Gilman. Take downs in freestyle aren't the same as folkstyle- you don't need what we consider "control" to get, you just need to be "behind" your opponent while he's on the ground. 

Not saying that I agree with the call, just trying to explain the jury's decision. 

Vito's loss was crazy because of three throwing sequences. Probably three different scores with three ref crews.

Yianni's tech was absurd. I couldn't follow the math Saturday, and after watching it again this morning I still don't understand. I tried, but I just don't get it. Literally the only "Kolat Call" that I have seen the US get in years.

19 hours ago, VakAttack said:

They gave his opponent the takedown.

Yep, and I re-watched that match and I don't see how they could have awarded a TD to Gilman's opponent. Total screw job. 

It was not a good call, but Gilman has to own some of the blame here. What exactly what he doing at the end? He lost his cool and paid for it with a loss he didn't deserve. Look at the clock. After he shoved the head down, if he just goes to the center, the clock runs out and he's on to the finals.

https://gfycat.com/vigilantadvancedboto

It was not a good call, but Gilman has to own some of the blame here. What exactly what he doing at the end? He lost his cool and paid for it with a loss he didn't deserve. Look at the clock. After he shoved the head down, if he just goes to the center, the clock runs out and he's on to the finals.
https://gfycat.com/vigilantadvancedboto

Absolutely. The guy doesn’t score 1 or 2 if Gilman just stands there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supposedly when you slow it down Gilman is down with at least one knee down for a split second.  I have not seen this slowed down version of it, but it was discussed a bit on FRL (although they also said they did not believe the Azeri had passed all the way behind Gilman, so the TD should not have been awarded for that reason).  Again, I did not see the slowed down version.

26 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Supposedly when you slow it down Gilman is down with at least one knee down for a split second.  I have not seen this slowed down version of it, but it was discussed a bit on FRL (although they also said they did not believe the Azeri had passed all the way behind Gilman, so the TD should not have been awarded for that reason).  Again, I did not see the slowed down version.

image.png.784f403dd6b48cf360609a68c8ee9a03.png