NJDan

Is Dake a Big Story?

On 1/17/2021 at 10:17 AM, LifeintheRed said:

I agree with Spladle- Dake did what he was supposed to do- I did expect Gadzhiyev match to be a bit more competitive though not sure why. As far as the weight cutting, I remember talking to Rob Koll while we were waiting for a flight and I asked him if Kyle Dake fake tans. Koll told me Dake is so serious about his training methods that he would never subject his body to something "unnatural." Apparently, he just goes around without a shirt - I guess I would too if I looked like him without one! LOL! :D My point is, if Dake is that concerned about the details, we shouldn't be worried about him weight cutting- he's doing it the right way. 

Both tanning beds and sunlight provide ultraviolet light.  I fail to see why choosing one method over the other means Dake will or will not be able to cut weight.

13 hours ago, Sstern said:

I like Dake a lot but there is no question Dake thinks Dake is a big story.  I think he and Burroughs will have an epic battle at the trials, assuming they both make it that far.

JB is a sure thing since he gets to wait out the tournament until the finals.

15 minutes ago, sisi said:

JB is a sure thing since he gets to wait out the tournament until the finals.

Dake only has to wrestle one match before the finals, which can sometimes be a good thing.

Please correct me if I am wrong?

6 hours ago, JHRoseWrestling said:

Two bouts for Dake before JB.  Challenge semis, challenge final, Best-of-3 with Jordan.

All on the same day or two different days? And if multiple days, does Jordan have to make weight each day?

2 hours ago, AHamilton said:

All on the same day or two different days? And if multiple days, does Jordan have to make weight each day?

It is clear in the USAW Selection Procedures that the best of 2 of 3 Finals will be on day two of the trials.  Day one will be the tournament where the finals will be one match.  (that would change to best 2 of 3 if for some reason the day two final were delayed)  I do not see anything that specifically says the 2019 world medalists who have a bye to the Finals (Burroghs & Snyder) have to weigh in on both day one and day two.  I would guess that would be the rule.

On 1/21/2021 at 7:04 AM, jchapman said:

Both tanning beds and sunlight provide ultraviolet light.  I fail to see why choosing one method over the other means Dake will or will not be able to cut weight.

I'm glad you asked- no correlation whatsoever...I was using it as an opportunity to shamelessly name-drop. LOL! :D

But I think I speak for everyone on this forum when I say "thank you" for illuminating (pun completely intended) our understanding with your intimate knowledge of ultraviolet light.  I'm going to try to work it in to conversation at my local bar - I have no doubt it'll go swimmingly! 

On 1/22/2021 at 2:02 PM, NJDan said:

It sucks that-- if there is an Olympics-- the USA will likely leave at least two world champs at home.

But in a "glass is half full" type of outlook it is kind of a good thing!! :)  This happens to Russia all the time.

Edited by lu1979

5 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Apparently, We have 6 World/Olympic Champs. Although I believe Stieber is retired if that's what you're referring to.

Huh?  If you look, I was quoting Mokoma who mentioned Stieber as one of our world champs! And I was asking Mokoma if he knew something about Stieber coming out of retirement.  Not sure what you are getting at? 

3 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Huh?  If you look, I was quoting Mokoma who mentioned Stieber as one of our world champs! And I was asking Mokoma if he knew something about Stieber coming out of retirement.  Not sure what you are getting at? 

We have Kenny Monday, the peterson brothers and dan gable as well.