Housebuye

Mizzou Can Get to NCAAs with up to 6 undefeated guys

9 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Does this mean another year of playing everybody's favorite game "How many top 5 seeds from Mizzou won't even make the Round of 12?"

Brought to you by Mattel Toymakers!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sure! Right after we play "How many excuses will Iowa make for Marinelli after his 3rd consecutive semi-slide?!"

22 minutes ago, KCMO2 said:

Don't know about the OSU competition, but it's 12 days before MAC's, which is Mizzou's qualifier.  If any quarantines were to occur as a result of going to OSU, then they would probably miss the qualifier.  The PAC 10, Big 10, and Big 12 all have their last competitions 2 weeks or more before their conference tournaments, so they don't have the same concerns.  Mizzou has never ducked anyone, but not going to OSU could be the smartest move here.

Did the MAC put an extra week in between conference tournament & NCAA in case of issues?  OSU has another competition week after the Challenge so you would think they would have less time than Mizzu if any protocol issues. 

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

Did the MAC put an extra week in between conference tournament & NCAA in case of issues?  OSU has another competition week after the Challenge so you would think they would have less time than Mizzu if any protocol issues. 

There are 19 days between MAC's and NCAA's.

1 minute ago, KCMO2 said:

There are 19 days between MAC's and NCAA's.

The Big Ten only having 12 days between Championship and the NCAA Tournament is fraught with peril if there is even a minor outbreak. The Big Ten has major egg on their face after the football fiasco and the general incompetence this year.

4 hours ago, ionel said:

Then ya gotta wonder if Mizzu won't be attending (ducking) NCAA due to that event's proximity to real competition.

I'd say, if so then that dumb would be on Mizzu.

mother-duck-watching-over-ten-ducklings-

It’s not ducking. It’s dumb for any team to compete close to conferences. There are going to be teams who miss NCAAs at the rate we are going 

21 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

It’s not ducking. It’s dumb for any team to compete close to conferences. There are going to be teams who miss NCAAs at the rate we are going 

Why have conference tournaments seems kind've dangerous and close to NCAA, why travel for dual meets maybe these should've been home meets only seems dangerous, in fact why even have a wrestling season seems dumb and dangerous to me?  ;_;

2 hours ago, ionel said:

Why have conference tournaments seems kind've dangerous and close to NCAA, why travel for dual meets maybe these should've been home meets only seems dangerous, in fact why even have a wrestling season seems dumb and dangerous to me?  ;_;

I want all the teams to show up to NCAAs. That can’t happen if teams travel together and 1 tests positive. 

If that means no more duals until conferences, so be it

59 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

I want all the teams to show up to NCAAs. That can’t happen if teams travel together and 1 tests positive. 

If that means no more duals until conferences, so be it

If its dumb & dangerous for 4 teams to dual two weeks before conf then it must be 3x times as dangerous for 10 to 14 teams to hold a conf tourney two weeks before NCAA and it'd be 8x times more dumb & dangerous to hold the NCAA tournament.  C'mon man, lets not be stupid, think of the college kids!  ;_;

4 hours ago, ionel said:

Who do you wrestle if everyone has to have, 'home meets only?' 

1 hour ago, Mphillips said:

Who do you wrestle if everyone has to have, 'home meets only?' 

Exactly ... I guess Nick & Joe could wrestle each other, the Bullard bros, Hidlay brothers ... those seem safe, should not be any fans there so does it really matter?  :(

Edited by ionel

On 1/17/2021 at 3:04 PM, Housebuye said:

O’Toole has no ranked guys in the Mac or on his schedule. The Valencia match was cancelled. 

QUACK!

Mauller has nobody who is a threat. 

Lewallen 

Elam has Bulsak and Marcus Coleman. I think he beats both. 

QUACK!

Allan Hart has Ian Parker on the schedule and a couple good guys in the MAC (Dresden Simon, Derek Span, Alex Madrigal). He could be undefeated though. those are all winnable. 

QUACK!

Jacques has Carr and Ruffin and Delavechio. He is probably going to take a couple losses. Only Carr though would be a shocking upset. 

Sheets

Mocco has a handful of quality guys. Oliver, McNally, and Broderson could all beat him. He is right there with all of them though. 

QUACK!

That is 2 guys who is favorited in every match until NCAAs, 2 guys who are fighting with a couple others on their level, and 2 guys who need 1 big upset and a couple other solid wins...

That is PSU like in a normal year. They are going to be seeded ahead of all but 1 big Ten guy at each weight i think. 

2-3 guys seems fairly likely. 

4 quacks prob get you 2 or 3, maybe one more from a non-quacker.  ;)

On 2/4/2021 at 5:09 PM, ionel said:

If its dumb & dangerous for 4 teams to dual two weeks before conf then it must be 3x times as dangerous for 10 to 14 teams to hold a conf tourney two weeks before NCAA and it'd be 8x times more dumb & dangerous to hold the NCAA tournament.  C'mon man, lets not be stupid, think of the college kids!  ;_;

I think the danger being spoken of is in regards to missing the NCAA tournament, which no one wants. The ideal scenario to minimize that risk would be to end dual meets at least 10-14 days (depending on whatever the COVID protocols are) before conference tournaments, and then have conference tournaments 10-14 days before the NCAA tournament. Obviously that's not what we would want in a perfect world, but with everything going on with COVID, this kind of scheduling would probably have the least chance of teams spreading COVID/contact tracing to where certain wrestlers/teams would be left out of NCAA's. It sounds like most conferences/teams did not schedule that way, so fingers crossed that we catch a break and no significant wrestlers or teams are held out of nationals.