jerseywrestling

Iowa vs Minnesota on BTN Friday, January 22, 2021

2 hours ago, headshuck said:

Cael’s decision to not support team-based national championships despite ESPN begging for it, did more damage to programs across the nation than any changes in coaching.

And, ironically, Cael and PSU would likely benefit from a Nat Dual Championship this year and the next couple.

They'd be sharing that benefit with other teams. That kind of sharing helps everyone.

It's a shame - I just don't think Cael has learned how to share yet.

Cass took the first shot I can remember him really taking against Gable and ended up in a position where I can remember for the first time Gable looking a little uncomfortable in that upperbody tie.  Still hasn't been close to an offensive score.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Cass is  would be better suited trying to utilize his upperbody stuff.  He doesn't have the quickness to score on leg attacks.

Totally agree. I think it's been clear since their first meeting his only chance is to lock up and go big.

11 hours ago, headshuck said:

Cael’s decision to not support team-based national championships despite ESPN begging for it, did more damage to programs across the nation than any changes in coaching.

Your team is bad and its all Cael's fault. Literally a Lol moment. 

9 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Cass wrestling him much better than he has previously.  Just needs o be able to generate some sort of angle.  Which, I know, easier said than done.

Better? He got majored this time. He wrestled worse against him. 

5 minutes ago, headshuck said:

I responded to someone who said it was all Eggum’s fault. I merely suggested Cael’s selfishness was a bigger factor in the decline of the program and other national contenders.

Don't confuse Cael gobbling up all those team titles with selfishness. He is just that good as a coach. Eggum isn't that bad, he's just not that good either.

Kind of sad how MN has circled the drain the last several years...  They used to be consistent title contenders, then at least a solid team with multiple AAs. Now they have... Gable?  Maybe Brayton Lee?  MN has enough highschool talent that they'll be able to grab one or two stars, but I remember 10 years ago when this match would have been a nailbiter between two top teams instead of an absolute blowout that was a forgone conclusion before anyone took the mat.

I was reading the match notes and MN scored ONE takedown other than Gable's match.  That's some Maryland level bad right there.

Not sure if Eggum is 100% to blame or not.  It felt like even towards the end of the jRob years things were trending downhill, but Eggum certainly hasn't been able to turn the program around.

Edited by lost