2 hours ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Did ASU win the duals? That would be impressive

There were no duals.   It was a round robin tournament.    Cohlton Schultz went 3-0 including beating the top ranked heavyweight in the Big 12 (Brian Andrews of Wyoming - who WrestleStat has ranked # 8 & The Open Mat has ranked # 10).  He also beat Trussell of Utah Valley who WS has at # 28.  Two of Schultz's 3 matches went into overtime.

Chlebove lost two of his three matches - all three were wins (or losses) by decision.

UVU/Wyoming/Arizona State Results for Arizona State

Julian Chlebove (1-2) placed 4th

• Round 1 - Chase Zollmann (Wyoming) 2-0 won by decision over Julian Chlebove (Arizona State) 1-2 (Dec 5-2)
  • Round 2 - Julian Chlebove (Arizona State) 1-2 won by decision over Darren Green (Wyoming) 1-1 (Dec 7-4)
  • Round 3 - Nicholas Rino (Utah Valley) 1-2 won by decision over Julian Chlebove (Arizona State) 1-2 (Dec 9-7)

Cohlton Schultz (3-0) placed 1st

• Round 1 - Cohlton Schultz (Arizona State) 3-0 won in tie breaker - 2 over Chase Trussell (Utah Valley) 3-4 (TB-2 2-1)
  • Round 2 - Cohlton Schultz (Arizona State) 3-0 won by decision over Brian Andrews (Wyoming) 1-1 (Dec 4-2)
  • Round 3 - Cohlton Schultz (Arizona State) 3-0 won in tie breaker - 1 over Brooks Baker (Wyoming) 1-2 (TB-1 6-2)
Edited by Bronco

Schultz seems like he was a little overated out of HS...He was the #1 285lber his Senior year..Thought he would be in the Gable/Parris company but obviously not..He needs OT to beat Utah Valley and Wyoming starters and won 4-2 against a back up..I know he's great at Greco but thought he would be much better collegiately

4 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Schultz seems like he was a little overated out of HS...He was the #1 285lber his Senior year..Thought he would be in the Gable/Parris company but obviously not..He needs OT to beat Utah Valley and Wyoming starters and won 4-2 against a back up..I know he's great at Greco but thought he would be much better collegiately

Andrews is the starter not the backup.

Baker is the backup.  Ge needed OT to beat the backup.

17 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Schultz style in HS seemed to be to physically “bullying” around his competition until they back peddled and eventually wilted.  But that won’t be as easy for him  against DI level HWT.  He will improve, but he’s still got some work to do on more skillfully moving around and wearing down his college competition. 

Good thing Schultz didn't sign with a Big 10 team...He can still be a star in the Pac 12 or whatever conference they wrestle in but would struggle to be on top half of The B1G boys...Look at the best 285lber in Pac 12 last year Orndoff..He transfers to Ohio State and is 0-2 in his first 2 duals getting pinned in one 

Edited by moveurfeet32

18 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Good thing Schultz didn't sign with a Big 10 team...He can still be a star in the Pac 12 but would struggle to be on top half of The B1G boys...Look at the best 285lber in Pac 12 last year Orndoff..He transfers to Ohio State and is 0-2 in his first 2 duals getting pinned in one and both against non ranked guys

That would be true if Utah Valley was in the Pac 12 and if Tanner Hall wasn’t 

Edited by Idaho

6 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

OK ..I'm wrong...how many people know what conference any of those western schools wrestle in?

Well they “should” all be in one but it’s easier to get Arkansas involved than Utah. 

17 minutes ago, Idaho said:

That would be true if Utah Valley was in the Pac 12 and if Tanner Hall wasn’t 

Is there even a wrestling mat in Idaho?..I know they have great potatoes but not sure they have a full circle mat

11 hours ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Is there even a wrestling mat in Idaho?..I know they have great potatoes but not sure they have a full circle mat

Congratulations..............you've made it crystal clear that I never need to read another message written by you.  Your ignorance is stunning.  Kudos to you on proving that convincingly.

You have now been added to my IGNORE list here.