Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
crossface21

Michigan shutting down for 2 weeks

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Sheerstress said:

Traces back to one female student athlete and a few others.  Probably not involving a wrestler.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2021/01/23/michigan-athletics-coronavirus-variant-shutdown/6691533002/

So is it our understanding that Michigan athletics is unable to keep the men and women sports separate and the women's basketball team has been practicing with the wrestling team?  ;_;

I do remember one time when the Illinois wrestling team took on the women's basketball team in a bb game, they both practiced in Huff, but C'mon Man we are in the Covid era!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ionel said:

So is it our understanding that Michigan athletics is unable to keep the men and women sports separate and the women's basketball team has been practicing with the wrestling team?  ;_;

I do remember one time when the Illinois wrestling team took on the women's basketball team in a bb game, they both practiced in Huff, but C'mon Man we are in the Covid era!

The Michigan wrestling room is its own standalone BUILDING...which tells you how much sense this makes. (they compete at Cliff Keen Arena, alongside volleyball and men's gymnastics, for those wondering)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ionel said:

So is it our understanding that Michigan athletics is unable to keep the men and women sports separate and the women's basketball team has been practicing with the wrestling team?  ;_;

I do remember one time when the Illinois wrestling team took on the women's basketball team in a bb game, they both practiced in Huff, but C'mon Man we are in the Covid era!

Actually last year Mason Parris and Lauren Farley (women's gymnastics) had a little exchange of ideas.  Maybe this is where it all began. 
 

 

https://fb.watch/3dxd98QFDv/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why this would affect the athletic department and not the rest of the university. I would think the athletes would be safer than the general student population because of closer monitoring.  Is U of Michigan  virtual now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, fatlaz said:

I don't understand why this would affect the athletic department and not the rest of the university. I would think the athletes would be safer than the general student population because of closer monitoring.  Is U of Michigan  virtual now?

Quite using logic when it comes to COVID...no one else does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, klehner said:

Certainly not you.

Why...because YOU say so...please show were anything I have ever said wasn't logical?  Or is it because your opinion is different than mine?  And please don't confuse your emotions with what is logical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dman115 said:

Why...because YOU say so...please show were anything I have ever said wasn't logical?  Or is it because your opinion is different than mine?  And please don't confuse your emotions with what is logical.

"Guarantee that one day when we look back at this time, the damage that peoples decisions are causing through this virus is going to be ten-fold worse than the actual virus.  We can't continue to make decisions for the VAST majority based off of the very very very small minority."

Over 400,000 people in the US alone would disagree with your "logic."  Or do you believe that 4,000,000 people in the US alone will die or somehow. be more damaging than dying because of "peoples [sic] decisions?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, klehner said:

"Guarantee that one day when we look back at this time, the damage that peoples decisions are causing through this virus is going to be ten-fold worse than the actual virus.  We can't continue to make decisions for the VAST majority based off of the very very very small minority."

Over 400,000 people in the US alone would disagree with your "logic."  Or do you believe that 4,000,000 people in the US alone will die or somehow. be more damaging than dying because of "peoples [sic] decisions?"

So by your "logic"...let's use even the extreme case based on what you think in that if all 400,000 have died because they got Covid (and for no other reason other than Covid), that is equal to 0.1% of the total US population...while tragic and sad...that is ABSOLUTELY the very very very minority is it not??   How much have suicides increased since the pandemic?  How much has people with drug and alcohol increase since the pandemic?  How many people have lost their livelihood?  

I wonder if anyone has died, or "more damaging then dying" from Covid by staying home and avoiding the risk of getting Covid???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dman115 said:

So by your "logic"...let's use even the extreme case based on what you think in that if all 400,000 have died because they got Covid (and for no other reason other than Covid), that is equal to 0.1% of the total US population...while tragic and sad...that is ABSOLUTELY the very very very minority is it not??   How much have suicides increased since the pandemic?  How much has people with drug and alcohol increase since the pandemic?  How many people have lost their livelihood?  

I wonder if anyone has died, or "more damaging then dying" from Covid by staying home and avoiding the risk of getting Covid???

You win.  You can go with "the damage that peoples decisions are causing through this virus is going to be ten-fold worse than the actual virus," despite your inability or unwillingness to actually defend that statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, klehner said:

How hard is for you to understand...just stay home than.  If you are so scared than you have all the power and means to live to stay home.  Quite pushing your irrational fears onto others.  You don't want to get Covid from a wrestling tournament, THEN DON'T GO!  You don't want to get it from a bar/restaurant, THEN DON'T GO!  You don't want to get it from the grocery store, THEN DON'T GO!!  You have 100% total control over if you get the virus or not, my actions, or others have zero impact on you unless YOU CHOOSE to have them be.  I wear a mask where ever I go, and I know that when I CHOOSE to go eat at a restaurant it is my risk to take of getting it (probably where I got it when I did have it), again it was MY risk to take, no one else's.  My mom is super high risk and in the age demographic that it is most deadly...I make sure she is 100% aware of the actions I take in regards to living my live and it is up to HER if she wants to see me or not...I continually ask.  And you know what, she has most of the time chosen to still be around me; however, she also has chosen not to at times and I respect that decision 100%.  She sure in the heck doesn't expect me to live my life according to what she deems risky or not risky for herself.  Just don't understand how you can't understand that?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, dman115 said:

How hard is for you to understand...just stay home than.  If you are so scared than you have all the power and means to live to stay home.  Quite pushing your irrational fears onto others.  You don't want to get Covid from a wrestling tournament, THEN DON'T GO!  You don't want to get it from a bar/restaurant, THEN DON'T GO!  You don't want to get it from the grocery store, THEN DON'T GO!!  You have 100% total control over if you get the virus or not, my actions, or others have zero impact on you unless YOU CHOOSE to have them be.  I wear a mask where ever I go, and I know that when I CHOOSE to go eat at a restaurant it is my risk to take of getting it (probably where I got it when I did have it), again it was MY risk to take, no one else's.  My mom is super high risk and in the age demographic that it is most deadly...I make sure she is 100% aware of the actions I take in regards to living my live and it is up to HER if she wants to see me or not...I continually ask.  And you know what, she has most of the time chosen to still be around me; however, she also has chosen not to at times and I respect that decision 100%.  She sure in the heck doesn't expect me to live my life according to what she deems risky or not risky for herself.  Just don't understand how you can't understand that?!?!

You are absolutely correct.  Everyone should do what they think is safe.  No matter if they choose incorrectly and become infected, and then infect those with whom they come into contact.  You know, like those "essential workers" who can't just "DON'T GO!"  Those who have less than 100% total control over if they get the virus.  Like the folks in the kitchen of the restaurant where you eat:  the cooks, the wait staff, the cleaning crew, all of whom have to come in because you want to eat in the restaurant (without a mask, of course).  Who else got infected at the restaurant where you probably got it?  How about the bus drivers who transported those workers so that you could eat in that restaurant?  Maybe they should have all stayed home, too?

It's all about YOU, and the risk to YOU.  Amirite?

I can't believe that a year into this pandemic, people like you still have this attitude, which is directly causing the worst handling of the pandemic in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, klehner said:

You are absolutely correct.  Everyone should do what they think is safe.  No matter if they choose incorrectly and become infected, and then infect those with whom they come into contact.  You know, like those "essential workers" who can't just "DON'T GO!"  Those who have less than 100% total control over if they get the virus.  Like the folks in the kitchen of the restaurant where you eat:  the cooks, the wait staff, the cleaning crew, all of whom have to come in because you want to eat in the restaurant (without a mask, of course).  Who else got infected at the restaurant where you probably got it?  How about the bus drivers who transported those workers so that you could eat in that restaurant?  Maybe they should have all stayed home, too?

It's all about YOU, and the risk to YOU.  Amirite?

I can't believe that a year into this pandemic, people like you still have this attitude, which is directly causing the worst handling of the pandemic in the world.

and what about the kids that just want to go back to school?

https://www.businessinsider.com/rising-student-suicides-prompt-country-largest-district-to-reopen-2021-1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, klehner said:

You are absolutely correct.  Everyone should do what they think is safe.  No matter if they choose incorrectly and become infected, and then infect those with whom they come into contact.  You know, like those "essential workers" who can't just "DON'T GO!"  Those who have less than 100% total control over if they get the virus.  Like the folks in the kitchen of the restaurant where you eat:  the cooks, the wait staff, the cleaning crew, all of whom have to come in because you want to eat in the restaurant (without a mask, of course).  Who else got infected at the restaurant where you probably got it?  How about the bus drivers who transported those workers so that you could eat in that restaurant?  Maybe they should have all stayed home, too?

It's all about YOU, and the risk to YOU.  Amirite?

I can't believe that a year into this pandemic, people like you still have this attitude, which is directly causing the worst handling of the pandemic in the world.

What I just read from your post...masks don't work.  Shut everything down.  Assume everyone is infected.  Assume social distancing doesn't work.  Assume sanitizing everything doesn't work.  Assumes that restaurant workers, cleaning crews, buss drivers, all essential workers are dropping dead because of someone's "attitude".  Assume that if people would just stop living their life, stayed in their house for 6 months the virus will magically go away.  Assume that not everyone understands the risk of contracting a virus during a pandemic.  Assumes that people know they have the virus and continue to live their life and still go out to restaurants and ride the buss and don't wear masks.

Funny thing is, there are A LOT of people who are choosing NOT to go to their job because they are scared of the risk of catching it...that is their right; however, they have to live with the consequences of that decision.  Or is it my fault that a restaurant is open and I chose to go there, I single handily am purposely putting all the workers life's at risk.  Should we shut all restaurants down...as according to you if us insensitive people would just stop wanting to go they wouldn't have to be there in the first place??  Should we shut all busses down...you know because if us insensitive selfish people would just chose not to ride the bus, those people wouldn't have to come to work and be at risk in contracting it.  You know...because it isn't about me, it is about YOU.  You know...because you are so much smarter than everyone else and YOU should determine how people live their life.  Amirite??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...