NJDan

Michael Chandler

I don't follow MMA, but I noticed that Chandler won his UFC debut on the card that had the Colin McGregor fight last night. Looking him up, I see he was a one-time AA for Missouri in 2009. He is the kind of guy who would never sniff a wrestling world team and, even if he had, would likely be long retired--he is two years older than JB. Even the guys who beat him like Jordan Leen and Michael Poeta have long since retired from competition. Neverthess, in MMA, he is still at it and his career actually seems to be on the rise. He may even get a title shot. https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/30760653/ufc-257-results-michael-chandler-makes-smashing-ufc-debut

It's also interesting that in 12 years he has only had 27 fights. 

Edited by NJDan

I don't follow MMA, but I noticed that Chandler won his UFC debut on the card that had the Colin McGregor fight last night. Looking him up, I see he was a one-time AA for Missouri in 2009. He is the kind of guy who would never sniff a wrestling world team and, even if he had, would likely be long retired--he is two years older than JB. Even the guys who beat him like Jordan Leen and Michael Poeta have long since retired from competition. Neverthess, in MMA, he is still at it and his career actually seems to be on the rise. He may even get a title shot. https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/30760653/ufc-257-results-michael-chandler-makes-smashing-ufc-debut
It's also interesting that in 12 years he has only had 27 fights. 
Lol Colin McGregor, come on man ;)
And 27 fights in 12 years is a good pace... With injuries and other things 2 fights a year is average...
Lastly MMA is centered around being good in a number of disciplines (one can make up for your deficiencies in another).... So as far as posting positive results, it's easier to last longer than in single discipline sports where you have to be the absolute best in the world