Sign in to follow this  
bracketbuster

Interactive Conference Brackets

Back with another week of results included. Again, I am by no means anything official (I am just using my best guesses on lineups) but just put these together for fun. The more results we get in the better they become. Conferences with less results head to head are more dependent on wrestlestat rankings and one result can really move a guy up or down. Enjoy and let me know if you see anything that doesn't look to be working properly.

Teams tracking towards a runaway with conference title: NC State (ACC), Iowa* (Big 10), Missouri (MAC)

Favorite emerging: Oklahoma State (most people have them as a bigger favorite than my rankings do), Navy (EIWA), definitely don't count out Lehigh if they get the full lineup together

Battleground conference:
PAC 12: Arizona State/Stanford: Stanford projects a lot better now that they have all their higher ranked kids in the lineup with guys bumping up
SoCon: Appalachian State/Campbell: App State a slight favorite in tournament rankings although App State just got them in the dual.

*I put an asterisk next to Iowa because they are a favorite right now but PSU has a lot of freshman that are solely relying on their wrestlestat rankings with no matches this season yet.

ACC

Big 10

Big 12

EIWA

MAC

PAC 12

SoCon

Good job - I can see a few changes in the Pac 12 but that's pretty common everywhere at this juncture. 

Bronco should be telling you how many MISTAKES there are in the rankings that YOU created in the Pac12. However if the teams would FINALLY get their schedule out and put their STARTERS on the mat we would not have this PROBLEM. Just sayin.....

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Good job - I can see a few changes in the Pac 12 but that's pretty common everywhere at this juncture. 

Bronco should be telling you how many MISTAKES there are in the rankings that YOU created in the Pac12. However if the teams would FINALLY get their schedule out and put their STARTERS on the mat we would not have this PROBLEM. Just sayin.....

Thanks! Honestly, trying to figure out who is starting for which team can sometimes be the hardest thing to figure out. I already see since I posted this that Stanford had Griffith listed on their official website at 174 yesterday and he wrestled that in the dual. Now today he is listed at 165 on their official website. If you (or anybody) are more plugged into any teams that you see things where you know I definitely have the wrong starter I am open to any improvements.  Then there are always those that don't seem to be resolved until the conference tournaments so I will continue to guess until then.

20 minutes ago, bracketbuster said:

Thanks! Honestly, trying to figure out who is starting for which team can sometimes be the hardest thing to figure out. I already see since I posted this that Stanford had Griffith listed on their official website at 174 yesterday and he wrestled that in the dual. Now today he is listed at 165 on their official website. If you (or anybody) are more plugged into any teams that you see things where you know I definitely have the wrong starter I am open to any improvements.  Then there are always those that don't seem to be resolved until the conference tournaments so I will continue to guess until then.

Yeah it's hard to tell who is just out with an injury or who is actually just not going to wrestle. Real Woods, Traxler and Maley didn't wrestle  last weekend, but I don't know what that means. I do know that Ryan Reyes has been starting for Oregon State at 184. Doyle hasn't wrestled and I am not sure if he will be or what the issue is. I think Willits is probably the #2 at 157 but that is my bias opinion. There are still a few key Pac 12 duals left so it could all change of course. 

26 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I think Willits is probably the #2 at 157 but that is my bias opinion. There are still a few key Pac 12 duals left so it could all change of course. 

Yeah. I just sort by their wrestlestat rank and then move guys up or down based on head to head results. I try to the projections leaving out my personal feelings because in a lot of cases I haven't seen a ton of matches for all these guys.