TBar1977

PSU vs Northwestern

33 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Man PSU looks terrible

whatever the reason was for no 125, having a true freshman there that won’t have his first match until February at the earliest is a recipe for disaster. Even Spencer Lee needed some time his true freshman year to become ncaa ready. 

149 they aren’t AAing. 

Starocci looked terrible. Granted Mark Hall also lost his first varsity match, but against much bette competition. He also didn’t give up so many points. 

So are you thinking similar results for Penn State in the Northwestern match?

Again, I like that coaching staff and I don't want to beat it to death, so I'll just agree to disagree and imo it was a really bad decision and said as much to my buddy when the period started.  Against a random guy I'm ok with it, but they should have known that Star is a hammer on top. 

No doubt, they'll learn from it...  And anyways I should be more focused on praising the IU performance today instead of backseat coaching.  Heck they had a chance to beat PSU going into the last bout.   Don't care who PSU put out on the mat, that is impressive. 

Ho Ler Phuk

That PSU squad that just showed against Indiana is not a trophy contender.

Covid done wiped them out hard, it seems.

That jump RBY made last year seems to have regressed.

Both Lee's looked fine.

Starocci?  Phuk me there.

Brooks okay.  Not world beater okay though.

Bartlett at 141 is a waste of phuking talent.

They I have shallow confidence in AA at 125, 149, 157, or 197 with this performance.

40 minutes ago, southend said:

I had already called NW would win a few matches, but that mostly was due to NW matching up well. 

If PSU forfeits at 125, Northwestern only needs 1 crazy upset to win the dual. 

PSU will win, but man it is way more interesting now. 

51 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Again, I like that coaching staff and I don't want to beat it to death, so I'll just agree to disagree and imo it was a really bad decision and said as much to my buddy when the period started.  Against a random guy I'm ok with it, but they should have known that Star is a hammer on top. 

Even worse, Washington blew his state finals match when he chose down in the 3rd with a good lead and got turned multiple times to lose. It's known he struggles on bottom sometimes.

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

Even worse, Washington blew his state finals match when he chose down in the 3rd with a good lead and got turned multiple times to lose. It's known he struggles on bottom sometimes.

Maybe this is why Angel put him on the bottom. You can’t be one or two demential and be  put into championship mix. 

2 hours ago, Gantry said:

The same deserves to be said about Cael and crew.

Starocci turned the guy twice and almost had another tilt in the 2nd.  If he rode the guy for a full period, put him back in the saddle for the 3rd so he can work another turn or two (and possibly get a pin).

30 minutes ago, southend said:

Maybe this is why Angel put him on the bottom. You can’t be one or two demential and be  put into championship mix. 

He's a young guy with a big lead over a top 5 guy. Not the situation to work on problem positions imo. Wrestle to win the match. He can figure out bottom against lesser opponents. The experience he gains on bottom is nothing compared to the confidence boost from a dominant top 5 win.

This dual is brutal, the five best matches (125,133,149, whever Deakin goes, 197) all have a backup wrestling or a straight up forefit.  NU's 133 pounder got hurt in the previous match and injuries/covid/etc but it's still frustrating as a fan how much duals end up not having the top matchups.  Consistently.  For years and years. 

1 minute ago, Gantry said:

This dual is brutal, the five best matches (125,133,149, whever Deakin goes, 197) all have a backup wrestling or a straight up forefit.  NU's 133 pounder got hurt in the previous match and injuries/covid/etc but it's still frustrating as a fan how much duals end up not having the top matchups.  Consistently.  For years and years. 

Totally agree, happens too often and it’s even worse in my opinion with a shortened atypical year.  

15 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

He's a young guy with a big lead over a top 5 guy. Not the situation to work on problem positions imo. Wrestle to win the match. He can figure out bottom against lesser opponents. The experience he gains on bottom is nothing compared to the confidence boost from a dominant top 5 win.

U R right. He got a lesson and won. 

9 minutes ago, Gantry said:

No kidding. And everyone says they want to build wrestling's popularity. Well, I have some free marketing advice: this is not the way to do it.

6 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Somebody check on TBar lol.

5 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Man PSU looks terrible

whatever the reason was for no 125, having a true freshman there that won’t have his first match until February at the earliest is a recipe for disaster. Even Spencer Lee needed some time his true freshman year to become ncaa ready. 

149 they aren’t AAing. 

Starocci looked terrible. Granted Mark Hall also lost his first varsity match, but against much bette competition. He also didn’t give up so many points. 

5 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Ho Ler Phuk

That PSU squad that just showed against Indiana is not a trophy contender.

Covid done wiped them out hard, it seems.

That jump RBY made last year seems to have regressed.

Both Lee's looked fine.

Starocci?  Phuk me there.

Brooks okay.  Not world beater okay though.

Bartlett at 141 is a waste of phuking talent.

They I have shallow confidence in AA at 125, 149, 157, or 197 with this performance.

5 hours ago, southend said:

5 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Yes.

2 hours ago, southend said:

Are there any Penn state fans here? On the forum. I miss their analysis. 

Today's events temporarily turned me into this:

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e4741ctc5toh9el75syv

Edited by TBar1977