Jump to content
IronChef

141 Rankings

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

There was something on FRL a week or two ago where they asked how high up could Lee win a title.

I think he could win 141 if he were to weigh in at 130lbs and bump up.  I think in a tournament style it gets tougher after that, but 1v1 I do believe he does well all the way up to 157 until he runs into Deakin/Hidlay.

Spencer Lee winning at weights like 149 or 157? Not a buyer. Not really buying even 141. Size matters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

As stated above, I think it very much matters, lol.  One guy will only have to go thru one of the others.  Here's hoping it's Eierman!

Are you talking about B10’s or NCAA’s?

At NCAA’s two of them could end up on the top side of the bracket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

There was something on FRL a week or two ago where they asked how high up could Lee win a title.

I think he could win 141 if he were to weigh in at 130lbs and bump up.  I think in a tournament style it gets tougher after that, but 1v1 I do believe he does well all the way up to 157 until he runs into Deakin/Hidlay.

I would be surprised to see him beating the top 3 guys (see earlier part of thread) given up what would be a lot more than 11 lbs.  That kind of weight is hard to overcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jchapman said:

FLO didn't like the result of RBY vs Desanto, so they ignored it.  So, all this talk about results doesn't hold as much weight as you are making it out to be.

except the opposite. Flo treated the injury default by desanto to RBY the same way Flo has always treated injury defaults for ranking purposes. then a bunch of people got mad that RBY did not get credit for the win and invented a bunch of reasons for why Flo should have made an exception to their ranking rules. 

i may be a little salty about the misinformation but at the same time I do appreciate everyone having passionate thoughts about Flo's college rankings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Boy, you really have to torture the thesaurus to get it to say interpretation of results for projection. Well done. Now let that thesaurus go free.

wait, what word did you think I needed a thesaurus for? "interpretation"? lol

but i will follow your command and let the thesaurus go free. i have now unfettered the thesaurus and bestowed it's manumission from detainment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lu1979 said:

I would disagree with those who say that you cannot rank a guy in a new weight without results there.  Reasonable projections can be made as guys move up in weight.  Is there anyone who would try to make the argument that Cael or Bo should not have been ranked their senior years when they moved up to 197? or Logan S as a junior moving up to 141?  That being said it is not unreasonable to give the benefit of the doubt to the wrestler who has competed at the higher weight if records and accomplishments are comparable.  For that reason I think Rivera should be behind Lee and Eierman right now.  3rd is the right place for Sebass at the moment.

yes i also disagree that you can't rank guys at new weights. sorry if that was unclear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

except the opposite. Flo treated the injury default by desanto to RBY the same way Flo has always treated injury defaults for ranking purposes. then a bunch of people got mad that RBY did not get credit for the win and invented a bunch of reasons for why Flo should have made an exception to their ranking rules. 

i may be a little salty about the misinformation but at the same time I do appreciate everyone having passionate thoughts about Flo's college rankings.

Right, FLO ignored the result of the RBY vs Desanto match.

The “invented” reasons were RBY was winning and won the match.  What an imagination those bunch of mad people have!

Edited by jchapman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

wait, what word did you think I needed a thesaurus for? "interpretation"? lol

but i will follow your command and let the thesaurus go free. i have now unfettered the thesaurus and bestowed it's manumission from detainment. 

I lost my thesaurus. I can't find the words to tell you how upset I am! (Gary Delaney)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Spencer Lee winning at weights like 149 or 157? Not a buyer. Not really buying even 141. Size matters. 

I didn't say he would win 149 ir 157.  I even said in a tournament style it woulf be tougher.  I think he would absolutely contend at 141 and even 149.

I think in 1-off matches against good 157lbers he would do well, even David Carr.  Just not Hidlay or Deakin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I didn't say he would win 149 ir 157.  I even said in a tournament style it woulf be tougher.  I think he would absolutely contend at 141 and even 149.

I think in 1-off matches against good 157lbers he would do well, even David Carr.  Just not Hidlay or Deakin.

Carr would beat a puffed up bloated Spencer Lee with ease. Lee would suddenly be slow compared to an athlete that good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Nick Lee beats both of these guys. Eierman has a shot to win. I don't give Rivera much of a shot at handling seven minutes of a bigger Lee's pressure.

Spencer is listed at 5'3". Get out of here with this "competitive up to 157" business. Weight classes matter. Did everyone see what McKenna did to Gross a few weeks ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2021 at 8:07 PM, Jaroslav Hasek said:

unless you start taking freestyle results into account for NCAA ranking, which even with covid I don't think makes sense, I don't see the justification for Lee above Eierman. I do see putting Eierman ahead of Rivera tho. Rivera is up at a weight class where he's never wrestled before this year and Eierman has a proven track record at 141.

There are many ways to look at it but a big part of the reason why Flo came to the conclusion that Rivera should start at #1 and Eierman #2 is that Rivera has wins over Gross and RBY from Big Tens of 2020. Eierman didn't wrestle folkstyle in 2019-20 but beat Mitch McKee and Dom Demas. Eierman has a win over Yianni in the 2017-18 season. Rivera has two wins over Spencer Lee in the 2018-19 season. 

You can read all that and come to different conclusions. I'm open to arguments from both sides and would be happy to here from all sides.

Also should make note that the rankings Flo for NCAA wrestling are not predictions. Nick Lee might be favored to win against both Eierman and Rivera but would still be ranked below. Not saying he is favored either, just wanted to point that out to avoid that part of the conversation. 

You are hands down the worst ranker in college wrestling.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Calm down, Bratke.  I'm sure he meant to group you all together as one.

Lol, not Bratke, but that’s funny.  I was honestly just curious because to say someone is “hands down the worst,” I think should be explained lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...