TBar1977

Gary Steen to PSU

13 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Two time PIAA champ will try for third if they get to wrestle in Hershey this year. Career 125 imo.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/two-time-piaa-wrestling-champ-steen-switches-commitment-from-pitt-to-penn-state/ar-BB1ddEsq

That is a huge addition to PSU's recruiting class and fills a real need for their lineup.

35 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

That is a huge addition to PSU's recruiting class and fills a real need for their lineup.

I thought Howard was the real need for their lineup?  Obviously it's a great signing to have two young guys there....but Howard was suppose to be the man. 

Edited by Idaho

9 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I thought Howard was the real need for their lineup?  Obviously it's a great signing to have two young guys there....but Howard was suppose to be the man. 

I don't think many PSU people saw Howard as a 4 year 125 lb guy.  After RBY is done he will probably be at 133.

Tom Ryan took a not so subtle shot at Cael on Twitter about this.

Haha.
Minnow scooped Flo.
Hilarious every time he does it.
Not really. Flo is always behind on these stories, especially with Willie gone. I think Pyles said something about "they'll never be first, they'd rather be right" on FRL. Or maybe Bratke said it.

Is an interesting choice given the modern sports media culture around breaking news, but whatever.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

Why don't you ask Echemendia?

Meh, great of Ech to cover for TR but how can he say what he “did was totally different “ assuming he does not know Gary Steen and his circumstances.  

5 minutes ago, Class said:

Meh, great of Ech to cover for TR but how can he say what he “did was totally different “ assuming he does not know Gary Steen and his circumstances.  

Because he probably knows he only "signed" a blank piece of paper when he committed to ISU

14 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Tom Ryan acts like he didn’t have synder recruiting McKenna while he was still at Stanford taking classes Or when Te Shaun Campbell transferred like 4 hours after the NCAAs ended a few years back 

Or convincing Tavanello not to play football and wrestle at Oh State and then bumping Snyder from 197 and taking Tavanello out of the line up

1 hour ago, Schuteandscore said:

Or convincing Tavanello not to play football and wrestle at Oh State and then bumping Snyder from 197 and taking Tavanello out of the line up

There are probably 10 others we could name. Thomas Haines was once a PSU commit b4 signing on with Ryan. Steen's reasons for switching are no less valid to him than Haines were. 

16 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Because he probably knows he only "signed" a blank piece of paper when he committed to ISU

Knowing the timeline of when Echemendia committed to Iowa State and reneged on his commitment (or was reneged, neither of us know the situation), there's no way a National Letter of Intent was signed.

5 minutes ago, Le duke said:

tOSU is so ELITE they aren’t even in the top 10 this year.

Man, I hope he’s the starter for the PSU/tOSU dual so I can watch him get broken by Nick Lee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Track has them 6th and Flo 9th. You may be going by Flo’s dual rankings, but they are even less relevant in this super shortened year than even Cael thinks dual rankings are in normal years. 

Edited to add: Intermat had them 10th in both formats. 

Edited by MSU158

16 hours ago, Schuteandscore said:

Tav wasn’t ever seeing the football field at TOSU.

7 hours ago, Le duke said:

tOSU is so ELITE they aren’t even in the top 10 this year.

Man, I hope he’s the starter for the PSU/tOSU dual so I can watch him get broken by Nick Lee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this your prediction? Ohio state won’t place top 10 at NCAAs? I’ll take that bet