Sign in to follow this  
uncle bernard

Angel Rivera must be stopped

How long are they going to let this clown keep calling matches? He's been embarrassing for years. Even when he's the second ref he can't help himself. The extra match at 141 in the tOSU-MSU dual is one of the most inexplicable things I've ever seen. 

What on earth happened here? You have a scramble where about 8 points were scored between the two wrestlers and instead of trying to figure it out, they just say f*** it, put 30 seconds back on the clock and rewrestle, robbing D'Emilio of a victory. Correct score btw is 2 td D'Emilio, 2 nf D'Emilio on the peterson, 2 reversal Santos, 2 reversal D'emilio. What a joke.

9 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

How long are they going to let this clown keep calling matches? He's been embarrassing for years. Even when he's the second ref he can't help himself. The extra match at 141 in the tOSU-MSU dual is one of the most inexplicable things I've ever seen. 

What on earth happened here? You have a scramble where about 8 points were scored between the two wrestlers and instead of trying to figure it out, they just say f*** it, put 30 seconds back on the clock and rewrestle, robbing D'Emilio of a victory. Correct score btw is 2 td D'Emilio, 2 nf D'Emilio on the peterson, 2 reversal Santos, 2 reversal D'emilio. What a joke.

Its an extra match in a year that doesn't count, correct?  Maybe refs were also advised they get a pass this year, it doesn't count.  Might explain Northern Iowa today as well.  :(

21 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I think what needs to be pointed out is that a lot of in these extra matches (maybe all?) there are no challenges or video reviews.   So if they discussed and reversed their own call they have to restart the wrestling at the time the call was reversed.  Similar to an overturned call in a video review. 

Again, not saying it was scored right but I think that's why they went back to 34 seconds - wasn't just them saying f-it, they reversed a call and by rule you have to redo wrestling at that point. 

If someone with better knowledge can correct me, feel free. 

36 minutes ago, Gantry said:

I think what needs to be pointed out is that a lot of in these extra matches (maybe all?) there are no challenges or video reviews.   So if they discussed and reversed their own call they have to restart the wrestling at the time the call was reversed.  Similar to an overturned call in a video review. 

Again, not saying it was scored right but I think that's why they went back to 34 seconds - wasn't just them saying f-it, they reversed a call and by rule you have to redo wrestling at that point. 

If someone with better knowledge can correct me, feel free. 

This makes sense, but then that just means they blew the call the old fashioned way. Just really bad all around.

What else would be interesting is if they change the challenge override rule as they're talking about. Basically, if a call is overturned but the fact that there was a score might not have any effect on subsequent wrestling they could keep it going. I think it's at least arguable they would still have ended up in the peterson position meaning red would have gotten 2&2 there instead of 2 earlier and just 2 here. 

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Its an extra match in a year that doesn't count, correct?  Maybe refs were also advised they get a pass this year, it doesn't count.  Might explain Northern Iowa today as well.  :(

The matches do count. They are on their records 

Just now, Housebuye said:

The matches do count. They are on their records 

I was saying this year "doesn't count" and they are extra matches.  But yeah we know it counts for something if we have a tournament this year, else I guess it all just practice maybe for the refs as well, we know Angel needs the practice.  ;)

2 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Seems like the call was that they awarded the takedown too early (which I agree with, I don’t think he was really in control until he had the Peterson), so by rule they had to go back to neutral.

I agree with what gimp said though, they need to figure out a way around that.

Hard to see with the ref in the way but I think some refs call the fall when Santos was high.