jerseywrestling

Illinois at Iowa, OSU at Maryland on BTN Sunday, January 31st, 2021

9 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I am surprised your IP hasn't been banned for direct violation of the ToS with your username.  At the very least your account should be gonso.

Seems a little aggressive of a reply for a simple dissenting opinion.

Frankly, I'd be shocked at a PSU win at 149. 

I fully expect for Carter to have much better showings than what we saw yesterday but I still think he is a step behind Kemmerer. Up to him to prove otherwise.

Seth Neville is good but I'd be surprised at a win against Cass. Not impossible, but I think chances are quite low.

I totally agree with your other picks for potential PSU wins.

133-RBY absolutely could beat Desanto.  No surprise to me if he does.  I favor RBY.
141-Lee absolutely could beat Eierman.  No surprise to me if he does.  I favor Lee, even.
149-Any of Penn State's Verk, Bartlett, or Bear Claw could beat Murin.  No surprise to me if they did.
157-Berge could beat Young.  No surprise to me if he did.
174-This is a stretch, but I do believe we'll see Starocci have something to say about who wins tuat NC at 174 this year.  No surprise to me if he did manage to beat Kemererererr... if they don't duck.
184-Brooks should win against whomever Iowa sends out.
197-Beard absolutely can beat Warner.  No surprise there to me if he does.
285-Again, Nevills absolutely can beat Cassman.  No surprise to me if he does.
You should absolutely be surprised if Penn State wins 149, 157, 197, and HWT (if it's Nevills). They are distinct underdogs at all those weights. 174 right now, also.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Really boring match from Braunagel and Brands. Starting to look like that Venz match was more of a classic Venz flop. Braunagel wins in OT.

Braunagel is a good tough kid and getting better, he beat Nelson last year and tough defense is his style so up against Nelson there aren't going to be a bunch of fireworks.  

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

You should absolutely be surprised if Penn State wins 149, 157, 197, and HWT (if it's Nevills). They are distinct underdogs at all those weights. 174 right now, also.

I wouldn't expect them to win those weights.  I just would not be surprised, since I do believe Penn State has the best coaching staff in the game.

56 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Any word on if Marinelli will be ready on 2/7? Hope so.

Me too. I have no inside info, but it sounds like it comes down to whether he was out for a positive test or contact tracing. If he tested positive, he's out (most likely). If it's just contact tracing, that's fine as long as he never tests positive. The fact that nobody else was missing is a good sign as you would assume if he tested positive, they would have other guys out from contact tracing from him.