lurshy92

College wrestlers getting married

6 hours ago, 1032004 said:

just think getting married while in college is risky since you’re not even in the “real world” yet and thus not truly dealing with finances together

I hear you. It's sound logic. On the contrary for you if you find a decent woman I suggest not playing the field and settling down.  You can make all the money in the world, marry the wrong person, get divorced, and guess what? When you're paying her half your salary it's her who made a great investment and you trying to cut your losses. Trust me

Just a friendly reminder that marriage is a commitment and takes effort on both sides to make it endure. The person unwilling to make that commitment is no more likely to succeed marrying later in life while those willing to make the commitment are just as likely to succeed starting early regardless of statistics. 

17 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Just a friendly reminder that marriage is a commitment and takes effort on both sides to make it endure. The person unwilling to make that commitment is no more likely to succeed marrying later in life while those willing to make the commitment are just as likely to succeed starting early regardless of statistics. 

If you marry later, won't there be less time for the two to abandon the work? 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Thanks for the reminder!  So, people who want to stay married have more success staying married?  Did I get that right?

2 hours ago, portajohn said:

I hear you. It's sound logic. On the contrary for you if you find a decent woman I suggest not playing the field and settling down.  You can make all the money in the world, marry the wrong person, get divorced, and guess what? When you're paying her half your salary it's her who made a great investment and you trying to cut your losses. Trust me

Agreed, but you can “settle down” without actually getting married...  Plus when you’re in college you have a built in excuse of not being able to afford a ring 

On 1/31/2021 at 10:23 PM, hammerlockthree said:

Getting married in your early twenties is a pretty healthy decision. The modern idea that we should extend our adolescence in our mid 30s is not a recipe for a happy life.  

Yeah, getting married a few years after graduating high school is never a bad idea.

Not to mention that tying yourself down shortly after graduating high school is truly the only way to grow as a human and leave adolescence.

/s

3 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

I was curious about this, so I asked the internet for verification.  The internet  confirms that second and third marriages are more likely to end in divorce than first marriages.

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

I was curious about this, so I asked the internet for verification.  The internet  confirms that second and third marriages are more likely to end in divorce than first marriages.

Proof of concept with many people. People who either make a terrible choice in their spouse or who were unwilling to put in the work to keep their marriage the first time around tend to repeat their mistakes. 

Edited by TBar1977

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

I'm always amazed how people are shocked about this.  Not saying you were.  

Edited by portajohn

1 hour ago, wamba said:

Yeah, getting married a few years after graduating high school is never a bad idea.

Not to mention that tying yourself down shortly after graduating high school is truly the only way to grow as a human and leave adolescence.

/s

Your totally straw manning me. 

I'll argue like you...

Yeah never getting married is a great idea stupid!

Edited by hammerlockthree

On 2/3/2021 at 12:57 PM, TBar1977 said:

You’ve reached your annual quota of posts I agree with.

54 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

I’m not familiar with any of this...then again, I’ll be 38 years old next week, and I’m currently in my first-ever relationship! (No, not kidding)

Have you weighed in for the Last Chance Open today?

On 2/3/2021 at 4:48 PM, TBar1977 said:

Proof of concept with many people. People who either make a terrible choice in their spouse or who were unwilling to put in the work to keep their marriage the first time around tend to repeat their mistakes. 

Your mind is littered with cliches and Dunning-Kruger.