TBar1977

Iowa at PSU Feb. 12 at 9pm ET on BTN

Listed below are the number of matches wrestled by each team's starter. Redshirt years not counted because they are not quite the same thing experience wise. With the unreal difference in experience this should be a blowout win for Iowa. I guess time will tell. 

125     Spencer Lee 71, Robbie Howard 0

133     Austin DeSanto 90, RBY 56

141     Jaydin Eierman 108,Nick Lee 98

149     Max Murin 49, PSU has Verkleeren 47 OR Barraclough 2 OR Bartlett 0

157     Kaleb Young 70, Brady Berge 29

165     Marinelli 77, Joe Lee 2

174     Kemerer 84, Carter Starocci 3

184     Brands 16, Aaron Brooks 18

197     Warner 55, Beard 0

Hwt     Cassioppi 24, Kerkvliet 0 OR Nevills 19

Edited by TBar1977

5 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

I saw this first and thought it was your predicted score. I also thought is was reasonable.

If you reverse the 7 and the 1 it becomes at least possible, and I am not sure Lee will surrender an offensive point the rest of his career he is so good. Iowa should probably just crush PSU with all this experience they have this year and next. 

How many Iowa guys will choose to come back next year, and how would that affect scholarships?

Lee, DeSanto, Eierman, Young, Marinelli, and Kemerer would all ordinarily be out of eligibility after this season. 

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

If you reverse the 7 and the 1 it becomes at least possible, and I am not sure Lee will surrender an offensive point the rest of his career he is so good. Iowa should probably just crush PSU with all this experience they have this year and next. 

We get it.

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Fattening frogs for snakes?

4 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I don't think we're going to see Marinelli. That's a huge swing for PSU unless they can get Kennedy down to 165.

Kennedy just wrestled 174. If he was over 170.1 then I don't think he can descend to 165 in 12/13 days. 

Edited by TBar1977

7 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I don't think we're going to see Marinelli. That's a huge swing for PSU unless they can get Kennedy down to 165.

That all depends on what Kennedy has been weighing in at.  If he just weighed in at 174 the he won't be able to make the descent in time.  At 1.5% per week(0.015/7 for a daily), the earliest he could make 165 would be 25 days from last competition.

Edited by nhs67

I would love to see them get creative (Iowa).

Bump everyone up one weight.  If you start at 141 and let Happel wrestle Lee, then you have Eierman, Murin, Young at 149-157-165

OR!

OOOORRRR!!

And please Brands DO THIS.

Let Ybarra seek his revenge against Howard at 125.  I'm sure he has a taste in his mouth about that, still.

125-Ybarra
133-Lee
141-Desanto
149-Eierman
157-Murin
165-Young
174-Kemererererer/Kennedy
184-Brands/Assad
197-Warner
285-Cassman

I would froth at the mouth and wouldn't even piss and moan about the potential Eierman/Kemerererererer ducks.

In that scenario, they would have to weigh within 1.5-2% of their regular weight class and bump or they'd have to be on a descent plan to get back to their 'normal' weights.

Lee-RBY? YES!!
Desanto-Lee?  YESYES!!

9 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

In that scenario, they would have to weigh within 1.5-2% of their regular weight class and bump or they'd have to be on a descent plan to get back to their 'normal' weights.

Lee-RBY? YES!!
Desanto-Lee?  YESYES!!

Your idea is a fantasy. Size matters.

23 minutes ago, ionel said:

Do you have inside info or a reason?

Brands was asked about it after the Illinois meet and specifically mentioned the 17 day waiting period multiple times, which leads me to believe he tested positive and wasn't just out for contact tracing.

22 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I would love to see them get creative (Iowa).

Bump everyone up one weight.  If you start at 141 and let Happel wrestle Lee, then you have Eierman, Murin, Young at 149-157-165

OR!

OOOORRRR!!

And please Brands DO THIS.

Let Ybarra seek his revenge against Howard at 125.  I'm sure he has a taste in his mouth about that, still.

125-Ybarra
133-Lee
141-Desanto
149-Eierman
157-Murin
165-Young
174-Kemererererer/Kennedy
184-Brands/Assad
197-Warner
285-Cassman

I would froth at the mouth and wouldn't even piss and moan about the potential Eierman/Kemerererererer ducks.

Just trying to find a way for PSU to win the dual? haha

3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Brands was asked about it after the Illinois meet and specifically mentioned the 17 day waiting period multiple times, which leads me to believe he tested positive and wasn't just out for contact tracing.

Yeah, wondered if he just let the other kid wrestling due to Branegal out with a broken something.  Didn't hear the post interview, thanks.

11 minutes ago, ionel said:

Yeah, wondered if he just let the other kid wrestling due to Branegal out with a broken something.  Didn't hear the post interview, thanks.

They put out a press release right before the dual announcing Marinelli was out due to Covid protocols as well. It's all speculation as to whether he actually tested positive, but from the information available, it seems likely.

8 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

They put out a press release right before the dual announcing Marinelli was out due to Covid protocols as well. It's all speculation as to whether he actually tested positive, but from the information available, it seems likely.

Since failing to deliver on the promised rocket ship, I don't go out of my way to listen to Brands' press conferences or Iowa's press releases.  ;)

36 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Just trying to find a way for PSU to win the dual? haha

No.

125-Tossup

133-Lee

141-Tossup

149-Eierman

157-Tossup

165-Young

VS

125-Lee

133-Tossup

141-Tossup

149-Tossup

157-Tossup

165-Lee

If they bump there is 3 tossups and 3 weights where Iowa is favored.  If they don't then there are 4 tossups and 1 weight each where they are favored.

This idea isn't insane, especially if they're wanting to avoid RBY-Desanto and Lee-Eierman until B1Gs.

Edited by nhs67

8 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

No.

125-Tossup

133-Lee

141-Tossup

149-Eierman

157-Tossup

165-Young

VS

125-Lee

133-Tossup

141-Tossup

149-Tossup

157-Tossup

165-Lee

If they bump there is 3 tossups and 3 weights where Iowa is favored.  If they don't then there are 4 tossups and 1 weight each where they are favored.

This idea isn't insane, especially if they're wanting to avoid RBY-Desanto and Lee-Eierman until B1Gs.

I think it goes favorite psu, tossup, favorite psu, favorite iowa, favorite psu, favorite psu as opposed to guaranteed 5+, tossup, tossup, favorite iowa, tossup, favorite psu. Not only do you miss Lee's bonus (which is basically like an extra win), you put all of your guys at their non ideal weights. They would still have to weigh in pretty close to their normal class. This isn't high school. You can't give up that kind of weight like that. Look at Rivera bumping against Micic two years ago.

Edited by uncle bernard

9 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

No.

125-Tossup

133-Lee

141-Tossup

149-Eierman

157-Tossup

165-Young

VS

125-Lee

133-Tossup

141-Tossup

149-Tossup

157-Tossup

165-Lee

133 pound desanto is a toss up with Nick Lee ? Have you gone mad? Idk if I’d even call him and Rby a toss up anymore