Jump to content
hammerlockthree

Ferrari Predictions

Recommended Posts

Social media nonsense aside, how's he gonna do?

Obviously he's a big strong athlete, doesn't have anything from a tie up, he doesn't control people with motion and fakes as well as he could...does he have anything on top? I didn't think he did but the ISU kid took neutral in a 1-0 match, is he just that bad on bottom? Obviously I am being pretty critical of a true freshmen but we are talking in the context of a national title contender. 

I'm not sure I consider him an underdog to anyone...Warner is a bad style match up for him cause his hips are so heavy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Social media nonsense aside, how's he gonna do?

Obviously he's a big strong athlete, doesn't have anything from a tie up, he doesn't control people with motion and fakes as well as he could...does he have anything on top? I didn't think he did but the ISU kid took neutral in a 1-0 match, is he just that bad on bottom? Obviously I am being pretty critical of a true freshmen but we are talking in the context of a national title contender. 

I'm not sure I consider him an underdog to anyone...Warner is a bad style match up for him cause his hips are so heavy

The ISU kid is a freestyle wrestler from Cuba correct, he is going to choose neutral on everyone if he is within 2 pts going into the 3rd.  I think Ferrari is a bad style match-up for Warner, don't see Warner winning that.  I'd say he is 3rd in B12 of course some rankings have the #1 and #3 in the Big 12.  I can't see him beating Adams and not sure on Sloan's style match up.  AJ will be a real problem for some of the top guys, he is improving and he will be better after facing Woodley, Sloan and Adams. 

Edited by ionel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Does he do the shoot a double from his knees thing a lot?  I feel like that isn’t gonna work on some of the top guys

its not even that that doesn't work against top guys, its more like if you only have one thing it won't work against top guys. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

its not even that that doesn't work against top guys, its more like if you only have one thing it won't work against top guys. 

 

I'm guessing you haven't seen him wrestle if you think he only does one thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

I've seen him wrestle a bunch.

And are you laying a semantic trap? 

I'll put it this way, do you consider him to have diverse offence?

 IDK ... singles and doubles, throw in a high C seems diverse compared to that one thing ankle pick Cael.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hammerlockthree said:

That's a willfully ignorant statement.

Well ... good grief its a pretty willfully ignorate statement to think he only has one thing from neutral considering who his coach is.  Did you ever see John take anyone down with a double, believe AJ had that one coming in, appears he has learned a little bit since arrival.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ionel said:

Well ... good grief its a pretty willfully ignorate statement to think he only has one thing from neutral considering who his coach is.  Did you ever see John take anyone down with a double, believe AJ had that one coming in, appears he has learned a little bit since arrival.  

you can't spring the semantic trap if I don't step in it.

And nothing you said makes any sense.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, dtry222 said:

I honestly believe he has a chance to win the entire thing at 197 

I honestly believe he's going to win the entire thing at 197.  His double is one of those "you know it's coming at some point but you can't stop it" type moves.  Controls the action in neutral, is a crap talker and dirty (as alluded to earlier the straight up intentionally grabbed the Cuban's junk) which gets people out of their game.  Getting 2TDs to zero vs the Cuban is all I need to see, probably unfair bias for me as he's on WV but I've never fully been convinced by Adams. 

I definitely ain't rooting for him, but Ferrari is my pick to win NCAAs. 

Edit - also forgot to mention that often freshman do have an early advantage because you don't know their arsenal, so this shortened season will help Ferrari more than his opponents because you don't have a chance to wrestle him 3-4 times to get a feel for him and know what positions to avoid with him.  The heavier scouting and familiarity that comes with this is lessened by having so few matches and a much shorter season.

Edited by Gantry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gantry said:

I honestly believe he's going to win the entire thing at 197.  His double is one of those "you know it's coming at some point but you can't stop it" type moves.  Controls the action in neutral, is a crap talker and dirty (as alluded to earlier the straight up intentionally grabbed the Cuban's junk) which gets people out of their game.  Getting 2TDs to zero vs the Cuban is all I need to see, probably unfair bias for me as he's on WV but I've never fully been convinced by Adams. 

I definitely ain't rooting for him, but Ferrari is my pick to win NCAAs. 

That's pretty accurate.

I don't think he's a jerk, he just talks to much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

lol yeah. I don't consider dirty wrestling to be a jerk move. Schultz was as dirty as gets, universally beloved.

Dirty moves, trash talk, toxic social media behavior, after that UNI match he was jawing so much after the match and the other wrestler was trying to leave the mat that John Smith had to come out and pull him off the mat.  Not being snarky here but I'm legit wondering what your threshold is before you consider him a jerk? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Dirty moves, trash talk, toxic social media behavior, after that UNI match he was jawing so much after the match and the other wrestler was trying to leave the mat that John Smith had to come out and pull him off the mat.  Not being snarky here but I'm legit wondering what your threshold is before you consider him a jerk? 

You make good points. I'll break it down:

Already said what I think about dirty moves.

I don't know what he wasn't talking back at the UNI meet(the kid he was wrestling has a sordid history with osu)...if I thought he was initiating constantly I would be more annoyed.

I already said he talks too much, referring to his social media, not sure I would say anything he has said it "toxic."

But bottom line, if his career stays this dramatic (which it probably will based on his history, just doing the benefit of the doubt thing) i'll be in your camp. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I appreciate you explaining.  He also posted a pic of Gable's issues with the law (that the charges were dropped for) on twitter today, I consider that pretty toxic behavior on social media.   But we'd just be arguing semantics of "jerk" and "toxic" moving forward, and nobody enjoys that so we'll just agree to disagree.  I get what you are saying for sure.  People have sure as heck have done much worse things than Ferrari, so it's all relatively minor in the grand scheme of things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gantry said:

OK, I appreciate you explaining.  He also posted a pic of Gable's issues with the law (that the charges were dropped for) on twitter today, I consider that pretty toxic behavior on social media.   But we'd just be arguing semantics of "jerk" and "toxic" moving forward, and nobody enjoys that so we'll just agree to disagree.  I get what you are saying for sure.  People have sure as heck have done much worse things than Ferrari, so it's all relatively minor in the grand scheme of things. 

Honestly, its another good point you've made, that is pretty toxic, I just like Gable less than him so i thought it was funny and didn't notice.

Edited by hammerlockthree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...