Sign in to follow this  
calot

Penn St vs Wisc Tonight

24 minutes ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Just a matter of time before Howard is looking to transfer to Rutgers...Suriano Jr....Same HS..Same weight...Watch!

They are completely different people with completely different families. And what does it matter they went to the same private High school...So if you see someone from blair transfer out of a school do you assume all other blair wrestlers are going to leave in the future. Two completely different situations 

39 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I get the impression the coaches have him working on certain things. I did really like his top position tonite. Top 20 opponent and a strong guy and he never came close to getting out. 

That's an optimistic view. Isn't the simpler answer is his focus on the top position is because that's been his best path victory because he hasn't been great on his feet?

27 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

That's an optimistic view. Isn't the simpler answer is his focus on the top position is because that's been his best path victory because he hasn't been great on his feet?

Well, he's always been good from top and it translates to college as you can see. he does not look as aggressive on his feet as last year. Maybe he was one of the guys impacted by whatever caused the pause at PSU. Who knows, he just looks a little off right now. Nothing at all remotely close to how he looked against Bullard and Skatzka in those Rokfin matches

Edited by TBar1977

1 hour ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Yes that was before his Posse realized he's not a big deal in State College

Don't forget Howard left his shoes on the mat in Atlantic City after his state title last year.  Maybe he was really retiring from the sport, and everyone else thought it was just a display of arrogance?

Just now, AHamilton said:

Don't forget Howard left his shoes on the mat in Atlantic City after his state title last year.  Maybe he was really retiring from the sport, and everyone else thought it was just a display of arrogance?

Maybe he retired the Joisey in him? 

10 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Maybe he forgot his shoes!

31 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

20 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Maybe he forgot his shoes!

Duh you two. He was headed to the beach.  

4 hours ago, moveurfeet32 said:

Just watch what happens

If he wants to be the star of the team and doesn't just want to be closer to home, he can end up a lot of places.  Of course I imagine that Rutgers would vigorously pursue him.  

Why hasn't he wrestled - ineligible due to coronavirus exposure?   Next match is spencer lee

16 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Well, he's always been good from top and it translates to college as you can see. he does not look as aggressive on his feet as last year. Maybe he was one of the guys impacted by whatever caused the pause at PSU. Who knows, he just looks a little off right now. Nothing at all remotely close to how he looked against Bullard and Skatzka in those Rokfin matches

Idk if you read BWI or post there, but Mr. Brooks hopped on with a good post. He mentioned learning to deal with weigh ins and travel. To me, it would make sense if Starocci is struggling a bit with the cut early or still learning how to refuel and manage fluids. I don't think he cut much weight in high school. He certainly doesn't have much pop on his feet right now. At least he has a skill to lean on while he figures it out. When Warner was really struggling his freshman year, it was his top wrestling that helped him get back on track.

8 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Idk if you read BWI or post there, but Mr. Brooks hopped on with a good post. He mentioned learning to deal with weigh ins and travel. To me, it would make sense if Starocci is struggling a bit with the cut early or still learning how to refuel and manage fluids. I don't think he cut much weight in high school. He certainly doesn't have much pop on his feet right now. At least he has a skill to lean on while he figures it out. When Warner was really struggling his freshman year, it was his top wrestling that helped him get back on track.

I did read that post. Made a lot of sense. 

55 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I missed that. Good info. Makes a lot of sense. 

people like Bo Nickal don’t talk up wrestlers unless they are actually that good. I think Starocci is better than he looks, but man there isn’t much time left for him to figure it out this season

1 minute ago, Housebuye said:

Brooks is damn good. I’m excited for him be Hidlay. 

I know Brooks beat him soundly in high school, but I think Hidlay is the only guy with the power to handle him. If he can't, I don't think anybody can. Brooks is so good.

Just now, Housebuye said:

I missed that. Good info. Makes a lot of sense. 

people like Bo Nickal don’t talk up wrestlers unless they are actually that good. I think Starocci is better than he looks, but man there isn’t much time left for him to figure it out this season

This is really the only reason for concern imo. Long term, I don't have worries, but whether he'll figure it out in time for this year is a big question. He doesn't have a lot of matches to do so.

Just now, uncle bernard said:

I know Brooks beat him soundly in high school, but I think Hidlay is the only guy with the power to handle him. If he can't, I don't think anybody can. Brooks is so good.

I think both are completely different wrestlers now. Both are top 8ish on the senior ladder I think. This is a world team trials quarter/semi think