GoNotQuietly

Dake vs. Nolf 23Feb

This is awesome! I think Nolf is going to be closing the gap on the top guys at 74, but I don’t think he’s quite there yet. Plus, I feel like Dake is just a horrible match up for him stylistically. Nolf scores a lot off of scrambles and Dake is just so positionally sound. I hope I’m wrong but I see this being one of Dake’s “tactical” matches... doubt he will open up much against Nolf. I’d say Dake controls the match but wins a low scoring bout. 

What are the weigh-in rules? Closer to 74 and a couple of hours works in Nolf's favor.

What is the OTT bracket going to look like?   Dake will get opportunity for two matches on day one , both late? 

Edited by Plasmodium

16 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

it will likely disappoint, but i'd still say if you are cynical about this match up you should find another sport. 

Nope, I’m committed to the sport, just calling it the way I see it.  Dake didn’t open up against Chamizo and Noll is going to look for counters.  

Can’t say I  blame either with during an Olympic year, but if you want me to be excited that these guys are going to open up and let it fly - not gonna happen!

19 minutes ago, Scorenomore said:

Nope, I’m committed to the sport, just calling it the way I see it.  Dake didn’t open up against Chamizo and Noll is going to look for counters.  

Can’t say I  blame either with during an Olympic year, but if you want me to be excited that these guys are going to open up and let it fly - not gonna happen!

You said "snooze fest". That's you being cynical.

It takes time to climb the Sr. Freestyle ladder and Jason hasn't had enough healthy Sr. level time yet, so Dake wins this match imo. I know Dake has been down to Taylor's wrestling facility a few times so I wonder if Nolf has rolled with him.

Curious if we see other SCRTC gents sign up.

Sign me up for Nickal(or Shak)-Max Dean and Snyder-Gabe Dean.

I'd expect both PSU gents to roll easily, however

That sets up Nickal-Gabe Dean well for a future event.

Cenzo needs another match to get that last flavor out of his mouth.  Let's see him against Gantt or something.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Curious if we see other SCRTC gents sign up.

Sign me up for Nickal(or Shak)-Max Dean and Snyder-Gabe Dean.

I'd expect both PSU gents to roll easily, however

That sets up Nickal-Gabe Dean well for a future event.

C'mon, man, think out of the box.  Nickal vs. Darmstadt.

I really feel like Dake might let Nolf fly if he pushes the attacks hard, which is traditionally his wont to do. Everyone who goes after Dake creates an interesting match, even if the interest is just Dake doing insane things to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

What are the weigh-in rules? Closer to 74 and a couple of hours works in Nolf's favor.

What is the OTT bracket going to look like?   Dake will get opportunity for two matches on day one , both late? 

Dake is sitting in the bottom semi and Nolf is likely the 2 seed (Imar the 1). So that means this could be a preview of the OTT semis

If you saw the Nolf/JO match, you would expect Dake to win by tech.  I was dumbfounded why Nolf didn't use his size advantage and let it go against JO.  Was Nolf still injured at the time?  JO is a stud but I expected the outcome to be similar to that of McKenna/Gross.  The Dake/Nolf scrambles should entertain!

If you saw the Nolf/JO match, you would expect Dake to win by tech.  I was dumbfounded why Nolf didn't use his size advantage and let it go against JO.  Was Nolf still injured at the time?  JO is a stud but I expected the outcome to be similar to that of McKenna/Gross.  The Dake/Nolf scrambles should entertain!

He’s looked super tentative since his injury.

I’m a big fan but he better be ready for this. Or he’s going to get crushed, hard and fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk