Jimmy Cinnabon

Oldest D1 team (by starter's average age)

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Wondering who this might be.  With 6th year redshirts and pandemic free years there have to be several teams with guys who are 24 or 25.  Who is the "oldest" D1 team by average starter's age?

The Return Of Cinnabon....with an interesting thread. Hmmmm...I know it's not Oregon State. 

Assuming their team comes back next year iowa should win this hands down..

Lee - 5th year senior

Desanto - 5th year senior

Eirmann - 6th year senior

Murin - 4th year senior

Young - 6th year senior?

Marinelli - 6th year senior (if we are dating him based on his hairline add another 10 years to his age minimum)

Kem - 7th year senior? 

Brands/Assad - 3rd year juniors

Warner - 5th year senior? Can't recall if he took a redshirt or not 

Cass - 3rd year junior?

Will be interesting to see how they restock. Their team is nought as nails this year and next.

1 hour ago, KCMO2 said:

Leeth retiring from the sport single-handedly dropped Mizzou's overall average age by 4 years.

Could he still have wrestled this year, which means he could have next year as well?  Thinking he graduated high school during the Clinton Administration....

Edited by Gantry

57 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Could he still have wrestled this year, which means he could have next year as well?  Thinking he graduated high school during the Clinton Administration....

Yes, he could have wrestled this year.  Injuries and weight cutting were his downfall.

1 hour ago, KCMO2 said:

Leeth retiring from the sport single-handedly dropped Mizzou's overall average age by 4 years.

I looked it up -- Leeth was born in 1995.  Kemerer, Eireman were both born in 1996...so they are almost the same age as old man Leeth.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I looked it up -- Leeth was born in 1995.  Kemerer, Eireman were both born in 1996...so they are almost the same age as old man Leeth.

This would have been Leeth's 7th year in college.  Next year could have been his 8th.

You know Tbar was just waiting for Hall and Cassar to graduate to make this post and he is already framing a narrative must like political hacks do that if Iowa wins, it is because of age and not because they actually have a really good team.

13 minutes ago, Boompa said:

You know Tbar was just waiting for Hall and Cassar to graduate to make this post and he is already framing a narrative must like political hacks do that if Iowa wins, it is because of age and not because they actually have a really good team.

You have a form of derangement syndrome, Boompa. I didn't make this thread. 

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Kem's 7 years is 3 more than Mark Hall had at Penn State. 

But 4 years less than Cassar!

Seriously though. How many 5th year Sophomore NCAA Champs are there?

Edited by MSU158

Just now, TBar1977 said:

So Cassar had 11? Who knew!

Slight tongue and cheek(Read my edit above) . But, think about it. With Olympic redshirt last year and this year not counting, He could still come back for 2 more years for a total of 9, correct?

1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

Slight tongue and cheek(Read my edit above) . But, think about it. With Olympic redshirt last year and this year not counting, He could still come back for 2 more years for a total of 9, correct?

He moved on.

8 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

He moved on.

I get that. But, he could change his mind and would still have eligibility, correct?

Plus, he would still only have a crack at 4 NCAA's.  The guys that will have 5 chances should get an automatic 10 year age bump on principle!

Edited by MSU158